What's new

Pak's ISI gets Rs 600 million to accomplish 'special assignment'

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Inter-Services Intelligence agency was provided Rs 600 million to accomplish a "special assignment" on the directive of the Pakistani Prime Minister, according to budget documents tabled in parliament.

The sum was released to the director general of the ISI under the head of "Supplementary Demands for Grants and Appropriations 2012-13".

Budget documents tabled in parliament on Wednesday showed that the finance division released Rs 600 million to the ISI chief for the special assignment, The News daily reported on Thursday.

Pakistan's defence budget is rarely discussed in parliament and the ISI's budget is not documented in budget documents.

The report said the acknowledgement of the payment of Rs 600 million was a "rare example".

No details were given about the special assignment carried out by the spy agency.

The cabinet division spent Rs 300 million on the operational requirements of the Intelligence Bureau while the internal spy agency's expenses on its employees touched Rs 900 million.

The defence production division spent Rs 103.42 million on the cost and other annual subscriptions of two VVIP Gulf Steam aircraft.

The paramilitary Pakistan Rangers spent Rs 82.5 million on purchasing a helicopter for use in Punjab province and Rs 1.387 billion for acquiring 37 ground surveillance radars for use in Karachi.
Pak's ISI gets Rs 600 million to accomplish 'special assignment' - The Times of India

well at last, i can call my boss even on contract to raze my money?:yay:
challoo taliban ki khair nahi? insha allha?;)

It cud be the end of taliban's terror games in pakistan.

Rs 600 million for 'Special assignments'??? :blink: Guys! Get ready for another Mumbai!! :sniper: :lol:

no it will notbe like that, it will be more thn that!:lol:
pehlah bhi nahi kiya thaa, aur abhi tu app key mamoo aya gaya hien nawaz jee, abb tu aur muskil hoo gaya hai yeh saab?:lol:

It cud be the end of taliban's terror games in pakistan.

they are getting same ammount but in USD friend!:lol::rolleyes:;)

So may be these extra funds will give rise to something big event in the near future or the end of ttp.:undecided:

Thread reopened for discussions.

Sir according to this news this has been told in National Assembly I think for first time something like this has happened but still activity for obvious reasons is not told but good move at least should know how many funds are given to agencies but not what are they used for because that is classified

So may be these extra funds will give rise to something big event in the near future or the end of ttp.:undecided:

Actually,it is a fair decision if taken by government.Current situation is extremely complicated and various covert as well as overt operations are carried out by ISI,so our agency needs more funds to carry out various complicated missions.

Back
Top Bottom