What's new

Pakistanis suck up to Middle Easterners

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when in grievance , the Arabs tell them " I like the way you move ...."
Hey, one of my Arab lab partners once said that! It was his way to avoid answering the issue at hand.

Hey, one of my Arab lab partners once said that! It was his way to avoid answering the issue at hand.

Have you read some writings by Professor Efraim Karsh( אפרים קארש) ? He understands Arabs more than an Arab does.

Have you read some writings by Professor Efraim Karsh( אפרים קארש) ? He understands Arabs more than an Arab does.
No, I haven't. I'm more interested in Pakistanis than Arabs.

Again.....the glorious past...... oh so glorious past...

Tell me whats recent.....Imported Infra....imported cars...imported values.......imported police....imported ...well almost everything other than importing wives........whats their own.....

So going by same line of logic, what have Hindus and Indians done aside from importing beyond the last 15 years? The past gives you an inkling of what you can attain in the future thus the need to be mindful of it.

The current generation of Arabs is as educated as those in the West. In the future, the impact of this will be felt by the world.

Lastly, Pakistanis do not suck up to anyone. What is a fact is that we find affinity with Arabs because of the common bond of Islam. The same goes for our relationship with Turks, Indonesians and Iranians among others. Pakistanis do not gloat when a misfortune visits Iran even if our Government may have an issue with the Iranian government's policies.

The street is what matters. If Pakistanis are mistreated in the UAE, should the entire Arab race be held accountable for it? How would this be any different than the ill-treatment of Afghans in Pakistan? Of for that matter that of the Hispanics in the United States? The fact is that this title and the initial blog is an oversimplification of the issue on hand.

Ill treatment of Pakistanis on the streets of Emirates or KSA is not something that is specific to Pakistanis. BDs and Indians are treated the same, as are Phillipinos etc. This is due to a the lack of respect for others in their culture maybe because of the way we behave and then they react or ostensibly the local's own insecurities. Its a well known fact that a vast majority of Pakistani diaspora in the ME is from the labour class which is less educated and more prone to having a negative image developed about it.

So overall the issue is one of outsiders coming to take local jobs, and the locals resenting it in some way which comes across as ill-treatment or sometimes even racism.

This socio-cultural issue aside, lets consider at the governmental level, Pakistan has always received solid backing from KSA and UAE on a number of issues. I would say the support is about the same that we have offered to them in return. There are certain Arab governments that have had differing views from those of the Pakistani governments because of past alliances and regional considerations. Here Egypt and Syria come in to the picture as they were closer to India than Pakistan due to their cold war baggage. However on the streets of Syria and Egypt, the people will always have a soft spot for Pakistanis.

For Pakistanis, the essence of this issue lies in the following couplet:

'Youn tau Syed bhi ho, Mirza bhi ho, Afghan bhi ho/Tum sabhi kuch ho, batao tau Mussalman bhi ho"
(You are Syeds, Mirzas and Afghans/You are everything but Muslims).

The street in the Muslim world is coming to this realization, former political, social and cultural biases notwithstanding. I say this while realizing that a united, global Muslim outlook won't come about in my lifetime at least, however the precedence has been set. One heartening observation is that the Muslims in Pakistan and Middle Eastern countries have enough affinity for each other to get over these Arab-Pakistani issues seen at the social level.

This is my story and I am sticking by it!

Last edited:
Today's Pakistan in the Indus region once hosted one of the oldest civilization in the world. Our language is an Indo-European language in contrast to Semitic Arabs. To my view , Arab language and culture was forcefully imposed upon us as the British invaders did. Today , we even lost our indigenous alphabet.

Agreed.We Pakistanis,are losing our identity day by day.:angry:

Did not say any thing was wrong, just think its kind of odd that some people from a small part of India take over 2/3 of smaller motels in USA.

Nothing unusual really, the are willing to work their ***** off, save every last nickel and dime and they always stick together. And all this much more than any other Indians i've seen in N. America. It figures.

Pakistani's are proud of their own heritage and identity, infact day by day, Pakistani's are becoming more aware of their cultural and historical identity. Our literacy rate improves and we are becoming more aware of our glorious history including are equally important pre-Islamic ones. On top of our religion, our culture, ethnic groups, traditions, principals, history and the all binding Indus river which gives fertility to our land are equally important to us.

I dont see any issue if some Pakistanis' are passionate about their faith as well their ties to the Middle East (half of Pakistan is on the Iranian plate), Just because others nationals from other countries arent as passionate or dont have such principals, dont hold it against us. Turkey is another country that share's our passion yet they are neither Arab, Persian either. Furthermore, Pakistani's are also predominantly in the middle east for economic reasons as well.

Pakistan is the way it is because even from a geographical point of view, its on the border and transitions South Asia, the Middle East and Central Asia sharing geographical links with all these regions. Again very similar to Turkey in a transitional sense. And just to clearify, the South Asia region has been the most troublesome, most unwelcoming and unfriendly of all to Pakistan in the past and even present.

If anything, you should change the title of this thread to Pakistani's sucking up to indians despite being treated badly, if anything, thats the source of alot of problems in Pakistan and its dilemna.

While, they are watching indian movies, listening to indian songs, watching their indian tv channels, pushing for and trying to bring peace and stability to South Asia by asking for peaceful relations with india, encouraging peace talks, Pakistani's trying to resolve the Kashmir issue through peaceful means via the United Nations and the holding of a plebiscite, wanting to make South Asia a nuclear free region (opposed by india), wanting South Asia to stop its arms race and focus on the endemic poverty faced by several South Asian countries..etc..

Yet indians attack Pakistan in several wars with their much larger army, involving itself in the internal strife, indian military buildup and arms race threatening Pakistan, committing acts of terrorism and sabotage within Pakistan, trolling the internet and writing negative things about all things Pakistani, hijacking everything related to Pakistan, its history and distorting it, not acknowledging the country and respecting its identity but just saying were all the ''same'', and encouraging racism and hatred towards Pakistan (media, movies and internet) etc....

That would be a more appropriate thread

Today's Pakistan in the Indus region once hosted one of the oldest civilization in the world. Our language is an Indo-European language in contrast to Semitic Arabs. To my view , Arab language and culture was forcefully imposed upon us as the British invaders did. Today , we even lost our indigenous alphabet.

And in the process, the Indians have hijacked it as "theirs."

Just about every element of our indigenous culture we have thrown away or rejected in the name of Islam and replaced it with something Arab/Middle Eastern, the Indians pick it up and claim as theirs. :suicide2::suicide2:

All arabs have is black gold and oil will run out in 40 yrs from now, then they will be back to looking for pearls in the sea like their ancestors.

What about English movies?
Pakistani's are proud of their own heritage and identity, infact day by day, Pakistani's are becoming more aware of their cultural and historical identity. Our literacy rate improves and we are becoming more aware of our glorious history including are equally important pre-Islamic ones. On top of our religion, our culture, ethnic groups, traditions, principals, history and the all binding Indus river which gives fertility to our land are equally important to us.

I dont see any issue if some Pakistanis' are passionate about their faith as well their ties to the Middle East (half of Pakistan is on the Iranian plate), Just because others nationals from other countries arent as passionate or dont have such principals, dont hold it against us. Turkey is another country that share's our passion yet they are neither Arab, Persian either. Furthermore, Pakistani's are also predominantly in the middle east for economic reasons as well.

Pakistan is the way it is because even from a geographical point of view, its on the border and transitions South Asia, the Middle East and Central Asia sharing geographical links with all these regions. Again very similar to Turkey in a transitional sense. And just to clearify, the South Asia region has been the most troublesome, most unwelcoming and unfriendly of all to Pakistan in the past and even present.

If anything, you should change the title of this thread to Pakistani's sucking up to indians despite being treated badly, if anything, thats the source of alot of problems in Pakistan and its dilemna.

While, they are watching indian movies, listening to indian songs, watching their indian tv channels, pushing for and trying to bring peace and stability to South Asia by asking for peaceful relations with india, encouraging peace talks, Pakistani's trying to resolve the Kashmir issue through peaceful means via the United Nations and the holding of a plebiscite, wanting to make South Asia a nuclear free region (opposed by india), wanting South Asia to stop its arms race and focus on the endemic poverty faced by several South Asian countries..etc..

Yet indians attack Pakistan in several wars with their much larger army, involving itself in the internal strife, indian military buildup and arms race threatening Pakistan, committing acts of terrorism and sabotage within Pakistan, trolling the internet and writing negative things about all things Pakistani, hijacking everything related to Pakistan, its history and distorting it, not acknowledging the country and respecting its identity but just saying were all the ''same'', and encouraging racism and hatred towards Pakistan (media, movies and internet) etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
And in the process, the Indians have hijacked it as "theirs."

Just about every element of our indigenous culture we have thrown away or rejected in the name of Islam and replaced it with something Arab/Middle Eastern, the Indians pick it up and claim as theirs. :suicide2::suicide2:

Words of wisdom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom