What's new

Pakistan Used Anti-Terrorism Cash to Sacrifice Goats

Gautam

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
41884-surprised-mountain-goat-miFj-450x288.png

The US has given Pakistan somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 billion since September 11. Just a few months ago, Obama Inc. released $1.6 billion to Pakistan. A lot of that money consists of counter-terrorism funding which getsspent exactly the way you expect it to.
One receipt for 70,000 rupees ($700) is itemised as a “Pair of wrist watches for marriage of nephew of minister for interior”.

The counter-terror fund was also used to buy three rugs as wedding gifts for the son of former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf early last year.

A set of 21-carat gold jewellery worth $3,000 was bought for one unnamed individual, while another was the recipient of a $1,500 set.

A handicrafts store in Islamabad was paid some $23,000 in December 2012 for carpets and crafts given to local officials and delegations from the EU, Iran and India.

Alms to the poor and donations of sweets, flowers, and cash to a local Sufi saint were also made from the fund in 2012, the documents show.

Among the more bizarre items paid for from the fund was the $800 cost of four sacrificial goats, plus butchery costs, listed as “stabbing charges”, for the festival of Eid-ul-Azha.

That’s probably the innocent form of stabbing charges in Pakistan.

Malik, who as minister was famed for his expensive ties and purple hair-dye, mounted a firm defence of his conduct on Twitter, denying he had used the fund and saying it was “never under the control of the minister”.

Asked why some receipts contained hand-written instructions saying they were the minister’s directives, Malik told AFP: “You know how Pakistan works."

Yes we do, which is why we shouldn’t be enabling it.

Pakistan Used Anti-Terrorism Cash to Sacrifice Goats | FrontPage Magazine

41884-surprised-mountain-goat-miFj-450x288.png
Can
The US has given Pakistan somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 billion since September 11. Just a few months ago, Obama Inc. released $1.6 billion to Pakistan. A lot of that money consists of counter-terrorism funding which getsspent exactly the way you expect it to.
One receipt for 70,000 rupees ($700) is itemised as a “Pair of wrist watches for marriage of nephew of minister for interior”.

The counter-terror fund was also used to buy three rugs as wedding gifts for the son of former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf early last year.

A set of 21-carat gold jewellery worth $3,000 was bought for one unnamed individual, while another was the recipient of a $1,500 set.

A handicrafts store in Islamabad was paid some $23,000 in December 2012 for carpets and crafts given to local officials and delegations from the EU, Iran and India.

Alms to the poor and donations of sweets, flowers, and cash to a local Sufi saint were also made from the fund in 2012, the documents show.

Among the more bizarre items paid for from the fund was the $800 cost of four sacrificial goats, plus butchery costs, listed as “stabbing charges”, for the festival of Eid-ul-Azha.

That’s probably the innocent form of stabbing charges in Pakistan.

Malik, who as minister was famed for his expensive ties and purple hair-dye, mounted a firm defence of his conduct on Twitter, denying he had used the fund and saying it was “never under the control of the minister”.

Asked why some receipts contained hand-written instructions saying they were the minister’s directives, Malik told AFP: “You know how Pakistan works."

Yes we do, which is why we shouldn’t be enabling it.

Pakistan Used Anti-Terrorism Cash to Sacrifice Goats | FrontPage Magazine
Hard to deny it.
But its funy, thanks god they did not buy toilet tissues with this money.. if they had .. I wont say PPP was corrupt they were stupid and they are still

Tell us how serious govt. of Pakistan is about terrorism...

The people of Pakistan are aware of this "aid corruption" I guess. Thats why all are against American aid.

But now, since the religious practise of sacrificing goats with the aid money has come into the picture; I dont think they should have a problem with it:D

I salute to the vast knowledge of OP regarding the subject.

Article start with 20 billion $ figure of American money which is in fact is only $ 6.559 billion till July 2013 for defence related matters, out of which NADR (Non-proliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining, and Related) are just $ 135 million (official figures from US sources). It was needed to clarify just to expose the deep understanding of this matter.

Secondly this article is suggesting that US fund are misused, but as a matter of fact it was Pakistani fund issued to National Counter Terrorism Authority (Independent body answerable to Prime Minister only).

According to the Congressional Research Service, assistance given to Pakistan since 2001 is below:

Direct Overt U.S. Aid and Military Reimbursements to Pakistan, FY2001-FY2012

Security aid - $6.55 billion
Coalition Support Funding - $10.68 billion
Economic aid - $8.68 billion

Total - $25.91 billion
(all figures rounded off above. Actual - $25.932 billion)

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R41856.pdf

I salute to the vast knowledge of OP regarding the subject.

Article start with 20 billion $ figure of American money which is in fact is only $ 6.559 billion till July 2013 for defence related matters, out of which NADR (Non-proliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining, and Related) are just $ 135 million (official figures from US sources). It was needed to clarify just to expose the deep understanding of this matter.
Dont shoot the messenger brother. May be you can write this to the magazine who published the news.

Secondly this article is suggesting that US fund are misused, but as a matter of fact it was Pakistani fund issued to National Counter Terrorism Authority (Independent body answerable to Prime Minister only).
So now this "sacrificing-goats-with-Pakistani anti terrorism fund" thingy should make sense? Okay:D

So now this "sacrificing-goats-with-Pakistani anti terrorism fund" thingy should make sense? Okay:D

It's as much Ok as the corruption in India ...... :D

According to the Congressional Research Service, assistance given to Pakistan since 2001 is below:

Direct Overt U.S. Aid and Military Reimbursements to Pakistan, FY2001-FY2012

Security aid - $6.55 billion
Coalition Support Funding - $10.68 billion

Total - $25.91 billion
(all figures rounded off above. Actual - $25.932 billion)

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R41856.pdf

Security aid = $6.55 billion
Total - $15.23 billion

CSF is the reimbursement of Pakistan's own money that too after a year ..... hope it will clarify

CRS REPORT US-PAKISTAN AID AND REIMBURSEMENT.JPG

CSF is the reimbursement of Pakistan's own money that too after a year ..... hope it will clarify
I never said it wasn't reimbursement for the services being provided to the yanks, like using your roads and bridges and buggering them up. I just quoted the total amount that has been given to Pakistan since 2001 according to the report. :-)

I never said it wasn't reimbursement for the services being provided to the yanks, like using your roads and bridges and buggering them up. I just quoted the total amount that has been given to Pakistan since 2001 according to the report. :-)

it seems it is very difficult for mucker intelligence to grapes the idea i can understand, technically speaking CSF is the reimbursement of a short term interest free loan ..... :-)

Back
Top Bottom