What's new

Pakistan to launch its first Science channel.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PCST, Technology Times to launch Pakistan’s first Science channel

ISLAMABAD, Feb 23 (APP): Pakistan Council of Science and Technology (PCST) in collaboration with Technology Times will soon launch Pakistan’s first Science channel, to popularize the science and technology subjects through disseminating the relevant information and latest progress to students and common people. The project named TechTV.pk, has recently started its beta version. “Once launched, the channel will cover science and technology educational activities in addition”, Chairperson PCST Dr Mudasar Asrar told APP, here on Sunday.

She said this television channel can prove to be very useful, easy to access at anytime from anywhere and users can access a significant amount of information with reference to any topic in a short time, regardless of geographic barriers, allowing them to consult different point of views as well as hands-on experience through different DIY (do it yourself) projects. “Main objective of this web TV is to promote scientific culture and the youth’s interest in science, technology and innovations.

The channel would also popularize science for laymen and students, seeking to cultivate the spirit of scientific inquiry and the love of learning in its audience,” she added. Dr Mudasar said the channel will use interactive and innovative programmes for this purpose. It will complement formal education and will surely inspire the youth to pursue careers in science. “TechTV.Pk will cover all events from Pakistan, related to science and technology educational activities. It will also offer free online courses of web application development, DIY projects, project management and other science and technology topics”.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - PCST, Technology Times to launch Pakistan’s first Science channel
Tech TV Pakistan
Science & Technology News, Reviews, Articles, Analysis, and Inside Stories from Pakistan | Technology Times Pakistan

@thesolar65
Do we have our own science channel in India?

well, after I got your message, I went through my TV Channels and I came across only "Gyan Darshan" and "DD Vyas". Both are IGBOU/UGC/state Higher Education channels(showing Arts, Sc./commerce, mainly through discussions or simple +2 level class room study etc.). Actually no dedicated Science Channel of our own, except the foreign channels with India tag (Discovery India, NatGeo India and many plethora of foreign Sc.Channels.

Sadly our own Sc. Ch. is long due, I think!!

well, after I got your message, I went through my TV Channels and I came across only "Gyan Darshan" and "DD Vyas". Both are IGBOU/UGC/state Higher Education channels(showing Arts, Sc./commerce, mainly through discussions or simple +2 level class room study etc.). Actually no dedicated Science Channel of our own, except the foreign channels with India tag (Discovery India, NatGeo India and many plethora of foreign Sc.Channels.

Thanks!
I didnt know of gyan darshan and DDvyas.
I am surprised....star network/ NDTV/zee network none of them have a science channel ...I mean a proper commercial science channel like discovery/History channel/Natgeo.

any Indian equivalent of FTV??? :D

channels are already run by several univs like... this might be a bigger,proper one ?

There are several channels already running by education institutes. One from Virtual University is just an example. I guess this new channel will be for last technological stuff.

Great news.

They should launch the channel on 14th August... but late...just 1 day left...

There are several channels already running by education institutes. One from Virtual University is just an example. I guess this new channel will be for last technological stuff.

Great news.

The key is to make it interesting and engaging. Without entertaining content, no one will watch it - take cue from the likes of National Geographic, Discovery, etc.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom