What's new

Pakistan to help Nigeria build solid defence sector

ironman

Reaction score
Country
India

Abuja, Nigeria - Pakistan Monday offered to assist Nigeria build a veritable defence sector through the sharing and transfer of military technology and partnership between Pakistani Defence Industries and the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON).

Defence Adviser at the Pakistani High Commission in Nigeria, Colonel Abdi Hussain, told the Minister of Defence, Maj. Gen. Godwin Abbe (rtd), in his office (Pakistan) will like the (military) relationship to be extended and strengthene d both in size and quality, with focus on military technology.

Hussein noted that though bilateral relation between the two countries commenced as early 1960, it had witnessed a surge in the last three years.

According to him, âœthere have been several areas of similarities between us and we both share the same challenges and aspirations. Pakistan is a major defence

partner for the Nigerian military, especially in the field of training.

"We have the capacity to assist in defence technology, on sharing and transfer, especially in mid-range (equipment). We can also look into the areas of joint exercises, exchange of cadets and collaboration between DICON and Pakistan Defence I ndustries.

Abbe said in recognition of the existing relationships between the two countries, the Pakistani proposal would be given due attention and treated on merit.

It is hoped that the proposal can be used to consolidate past relationships between our two countries the minister expressed.

Abuja - 17/08/2009

Pana

This is nice that Pakistan is going beyond Asia to help other countries.

Why Nigeria? There are other countries I have in mind that would be a better selection for us to bolster military ties with...

Mockery of others below:

Oh wait how can we help Nigeria we have so many problems at home, blah blah blah...:blah::rolleyes:

Why Nigeria? There are other countries I have in mind that would be a better selection for us to bolster military ties with...

Mockery of others below:

Oh wait how can we help Nigeria we have so many problems at home, blah blah blah...:blah::rolleyes:

Nigeria has oil so can pay for equipment it buys. Also note that China has made forays into Africa nad pakistan has followed suit. The fact that Nigeria has a majority of muslims might work in pakistan's favour
Araz

^^ Spending for own strategic goals nothing to do with helping Nigerians - courtesy :Jana.
Spending for own strategic goals nothing to do with helping Afghans.

well i nice move indeed!

i wonder how do some respected think negatively about this development..

i mean collaboration with any country is helpful and in case of nigeria, it can make money come our way.. i man that we have manythings to offer if they are intrested, most important of them all is the AlKhalid tanks and JF17!! these two systems are capable and suitable for ssuch market!!

good going indeed..
regards!

well i nice move indeed!

i wonder how do some respected think negatively about this development..

i mean collaboration with any country is helpful and in case of nigeria, it can make money come our way.. i man that we have manythings to offer if they are intrested, most important of them all is the AlKhalid tanks and JF17!! these two systems are capable and suitable for ssuch market!!

good going indeed..
regards!

Yes a very good strategic move indeed and but IMO i doubt the Nigerians would be requiring those hi-tech platforms yet , they may go in for small arms and anti -aircraft defense system along with a good radar network , it will surely give boost to the Pakistan defense export which is increasing at a rapid pace.

Well Nigeria is an upcoming economy in Africa, by estimates has huge oil & gas reserves, is member of OPEC. So looking at the future of Nigeria, they need to have a military infrastructure as they can play some role in their own continent.

But, Nigeria has human right issues & a conflict in the niger delta area, the main oil producing region and the weapons it gets may be used against the people who are looking for their rights in the oil from their area.

Anyway, if Pakistan did not, then some other country will fill the gap, as China is already on the go in the African continent.

But, Nigeria has human right issues & a conflict in the niger delta area, the main oil producing region and the weapons it gets may be used against the people who are looking for their rights in the oil from their area.

Reminds me of something.

Nigeria and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, two of a kind.

Nigerian Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, if Pakistan did not, then some other country will fill the gap, as China is already on the go in the African continent.

Yes, right since theft/murders/rape/pillage have been around and will remain around for the rest of mankind so.........

great logic, can't do better so jump the gun and do wrong.

Nigeria has oil so can pay for equipment it buys. Also note that China has made forays into Africa nad pakistan has followed suit. The fact that Nigeria has a majority of muslims might work in pakistan's favour
Araz
Yeah I know that, it's just that I had a few other countries in mind...Do you really think I don't know Nigeria has a lot of oil? (rhetorical) Anyways, sure let's make an earning from selling them arms and military equipment, maybe worth the while...I am open to this plan.

^^ Spending for own strategic goals nothing to do with helping Nigerians - courtesy :Jana.

When did we say we are providing the defence equipment or building their defence sector as charity ??? unlike You say so viz viz Afghanistan :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom