What's new

Pakistan should fund gasline: Iran

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should fund gas line: Iran

TEHERAN Iran’s deputy oil minister, Ali Majedi, said Monday on that Pakistan must finance a controversial pipeline that would enable it to buy gas from the Islamic republic.
Majedi’s remarks come after Pakistan’s Oil Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi asked Iran to stump up $2 billion (1.45 billion euros) to finish the construction of the pipeline. The $7.5-billion project launched in 2010 has drawn threats of US sanctions and run into repeated problems, including financing issues. “We did not make such a commitment to help Pakistan with $2 billion for the construction of the pipeline,” Majedi said.
He argued that based on initial agreements each side “must bring its own share” in financing the project, adding the “Pakistanis need Iran’s gas and they should accelerate their work.”
Construction on the Iranian side of the border is almost complete, but Pakistan has run into repeated problems financing the 780km section to be built on its side.
Investors and other governments are reluctant to get involved in the project because of the threat of breaching sanctions against Iran. Once completed, the project aiming to ease Pakistan’s gas and electricity shortages would allow Iran to export 21 million cubic metres of gas per day. Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zangeneh said he had “no hope” for the gas supply deal with Pakistan because of the financial problems.

Source of this news

I feel sorry for Iran and what it is going through. Its quest for nuclear weapons (if indeed it is for nukes) is perfectly justified because neighboring Pakistan has nukes, Israel has nukes, America surrounds them in Iraq and Afghanistan and has one of the largest stockpiles of nukes. Who gave these people the right to decide who should have nukes and who should not. Iran is a beautiful country which I have had the honor to visit. Its people are not fanatical in any way.

All Iran has to do is kick out the mullahs. Iranians arent very religious and its a shame that a mullahcracy is ruling them right now. Thats the only minus point of Iran. I really hope this project goes through. Pakistan needs the gas from Iran. Pity no company will come forward to finance this in the face of sanctions.

I feel sorry for Iran and what it is going through. Its quest for nuclear weapons (if indeed it is for nukes) is perfectly justified because neighboring Pakistan has nukes, Israel has nukes, America surrounds them in Iraq and Afghanistan and has one of the largest stockpiles of nukes. Who gave these people the right to decide who should have nukes and who should not. Iran is a beautiful country which I have had the honor to visit. Its people are not fanatical in any way.

All Iran has to do is kick out the mullahs. Iranians arent very religious and its a shame that a mullahcracy is ruling them right now. Thats the only minus point of Iran. I really hope this project goes through. Pakistan needs the gas from Iran. Pity no company will come forward to finance this in the face of sanctions.
They signed the Non Proliferation Treaty when they wanted the free goods and preferable treatments and benefits that were being offered to sign it.

Now they donot have the right to break it.

Neither India, Israel or Pakistan signed the NPT. We have a right to develop nukes based on that. Iran forfeited that right voluntarily.

There is nothing to be sorry about Iran. They are standing firm on their legs even though they are being crippled by sanctions. The recent chemistry between US and Iran is a sign that things are going to be great in the future for Iran. And regarding nukes, I thing they will find a solution acceptable to all. And eventhough pak has nukes, it didnot stop US from carrying out unilateral raids, drones and economy is still in shambles...so I guess the new leadership will not go after nukes and rather they will prefer improving there economy first.

There is nothing to be sorry about Iran. They are standing firm on their legs even though they are being crippled by sanctions. The recent chemistry between US and Iran is a sign that things are going to be great in the future for Iran. And regarding nukes, I thing they will find a solution acceptable to all. And eventhough pak has nukes, it didnot stop US from carrying out unilateral raids, drones and economy is still in shambles...so I guess the new leadership will not go after nukes and rather they will prefer improving there economy first.

That is true enough. Nukes do not feed people. Even Grass can; but Nukes cannot!
Nukes are finally just 'one helluva ego-trip'. As you said owning Nukes did not prevent anything from happening or being done.
Now Iran will get its act together and resume work on improving its economic trajectory while the USA will wake upto the reality of Iran's importance in the region.

That is true enough. Nukes do not feed people. Even Grass can; but Nukes cannot!
Nukes are finally just 'one helluva ego-trip'. As you said owning Nukes did not prevent anything from happening or being done.
Now Iran will get its act together and resume work on improving its economic trajectory while the USA will wake upto the reality of Iran's importance in the region.
Yeah true. And dont be surprised if one day, US asks Iran access for Chahbar port. ;)

Yeah true. And dont be surprised if one day, US asks Iran access for Chahbar port. ;)

If you plan to go into the 'sooth-saying business' (i.e. make predictions) then write it down. That is how it will happen. Actually the entity that will ask for transit right through Chah Bahar will be Afghanistan. And all counties involved in Afghanistan in the future, esp. in mineral exploration will use that. It stands to reason that USA will be one of them. And the Iranians will facilitate it.
1.Because it will earn it revenue.
2.It will give Iran much greater leverage in Afghanistan and the rest of the region as well.
3.It will give Iran an opportunity to develop a full-scale port facility; that it can use for its own exports, unhindered by the GCC countries who can trouble its transits through the Straits of Hormuz in to the Persian Gulf.

There now; I made a prediction. I'm not saying it for the first time either, Probably said it more than 2 years ago.........;)

Now would you like to speculate which other countries will line up to use Chah Bahar's facilities? :P

If you plan to go into the 'sooth-saying business' (i.e. make predictions) then write it down. That is how it will happen. Actually the entity that will ask for transit right through Chah Bahar will be Afghanistan. And all counties involved in Afghanistan in the future, esp. in mineral exploration will use that. It stands to reason that USA will be one of them. And the Iranians will facilitate it.
1.Because it will earn it revenue.
2.It will give Iran much greater leverage in Afghanistan and the rest of the region as well.
3.It will give Iran an opportunity to develop a full-scale port facility; that it can use for its own exports, unhindered by the GCC countries who can trouble its transits through the Straits of Hormuz in to the Persian Gulf.

There now; I made a prediction. I'm not saying it for the first time either, Probably said it more than 2 years ago.........;)

Now would you like to speculate which other countries will line up to use Chah Bahar's facilities? :P

Nope mate! Not after reading this post. That pretty much sums it all up! :D

So when r u giving up nukes as in poverty yr even worse then Bangladesh.
http://www.brecorder.com/top-news/1-front-top-news/112743-poverty-high-in-bangladesh-india-hdi.html

and Pakistan even Africa

http://www.defence.pk/threads/indian-poverty-levels-higher-than-pakistans-says-un-report.245206/

http://www.defence.pk/threads/afric...er-person-credit-suisse-wealth-report.282538/

and lets not forget the lack of toilets i hope u have such facility.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-17377895

LOLLLLLL a guy from an Economy which is in ICU; which is living on IMF hand-outs is talking?
LOLLLLLL a guy from a part of the world; where every second guy is either blowing himself up or is trying to blow up his neighbor is talking?
Keep "Gassing" on, dude! Then you may not even need to import Gas from Iran. :lol:

BTW; did you understand @Joe Shearer's advice to you?
You still haven't been able to work out that the only Patton in WW2 walked on two legs and not on steel tracks.........

LOLLLLLL a guy from an Economy which is in ICU; which is living on IMF hand-outs is talking?
LOLLLLLL a guy from a part of the world; where every second guy is either blowing himself up or is trying to blow up his neighbor is talking?
Keep "Gassing" on, dude! Then you may not even need to import Gas from Iran. :lol:

BTW; did you understand @Joe Shearer's advice to you?
You still haven't been able to work out that the only Patton in WW2 walked on two legs and not on steel tracks.........
LOL what else can we think of a person who has a cartoon character as his avatar:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kid even if we r at our worst and u at yr best even still u cant reach or touch our higher standards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-third-of-worlds-poorest-says-World-Bank.html

Even u dont have toilets i feel pity on ur kind.

LOL what else can we think of a person who has a cartoon character as his avatar:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kid even if we r at our worst and u at yr best even still u cant reach or touch our higher standards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-third-of-worlds-poorest-says-World-Bank.html

Even u dont have toilets i feel pity on ur kind.

Hey Gen Patton Nawaz of the PDF; why do you keep on spewing out the SOS (Same Old Shyte) in every post on every thread? Have the 'Bum Blasts' around left you in state of "Shell Shock"?
Poor fellow, you have my deepest commiserations. Get well soon :D
What is this single-minded obsession of yours with poverty all the time ? Looks like you need another IMF hand-out soon enough to climb out of your misery.

Back
Top Bottom