What's new

Pakistan rejects $2 billion investment in Thar coal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good decision. why should we sell our coal on cheap rates to fuel bhartii economy when we are facing huge energy shortages and our own industry is getting destroyed. We should give this contract to company who is interested to generate power through this coal.

The best for Pakistan is to extract the coal by themselves and use open pit mining system. Just ask worker shove the hell out of the ground and use those coal to fire up power plant. There is no point in giving away a mine to a foreign company who will not pay more than 6-13% of roaylty to PK government. So at the end, they wll take away 90 billion minus the operating cost. Not worth it. Not good for Pakistan. $2 billion looks great, but PK people not going to see that money ever.

We dealt with Tata, and they wanted the mine free.

They can use this instead.

SuperStock_1306R-246.jpg

Pakistan keeps committing mistakes, I don't know if anybody in their administration thinks rationally or its just hot blooded off the cuff decisions owing to domestic pressure. If domestic pressure and public sentiments alone dictates foreign policy china at present would have been at war with all their neighbors, and India would have declared war after Mumbai incident - just giving an example.

IMO Pakistan missed a golden opportunity here to do business with other countries,

Also India has vast reserves of coal - still unexplored, Nagaland has practically 90,000 acres of coal deposits - I know cos I have tested it myself for a coal project.

^ India can never be trusted with anything regarding Pakistan.

And why dont these Indian companies go for their own Indian coal if you have so many?

^ India can never be trusted with anything regarding Pakistan.

And why dont these Indian companies go for their own Indian coal if you have so many?

i think simply this investment is failed idea over and all

Pakistan keeps committing mistakes, I don't know if anybody in their administration thinks rationally or its just hot blooded off the cuff decisions owing to domestic pressure. If domestic pressure and public sentiments alone dictates foreign policy china at present would have been at war with all their neighbors, and India would have declared war after Mumbai incident - just giving an example.

IMO Pakistan missed a golden opportunity here to do business with other countries,

Also India has vast reserves of coal - still unexplored, Nagaland has practically 90,000 acres of coal deposits - I know cos I have tested it myself for a coal project.

There is no public sentiments in this decision. It was simply not feasible for PAK, 2b$ Investment for 100b$ reserves?. We are facing energy crisis at home, so - public just want to utilize this coal to fulfill our energy requirement instead of exporting it on cheap price. I don't know where commonsense of bhartii's go when it's about Pak's interests:what:

BTW - India is country not countries. So we have not missed golden opportunity to do business with other countries.

India can never be trusted with anything regarding Pakistan.

Indian coal has high ash and at present we dont have good tech no wash it with minimal resources hence India prefers to import it from countries like Australia and Indonesia..

apart from that, demand for coal is so much in India that domestic production capacity is not able to meet it..there e are hundreads of power plans coming up and as you might have read somewhere , Indian still industry is catching up quickly with top 3 of the world..so it requires coal.....Coal has indeed become a mine of black gold dis days...:-)

I think if Pakistan doesn't want to allow a certain firm to work in Pakistan, it's well within her rights to do so. Especially when the firm is owned by or in charge by Indians, and considering majority of our defense spending and intelligence activities are against India, it would be wise to not let anyone easily in..........

My question is, why Pakistan does not tap this coal field for own good?
We are starving and energy hungry. Utility bills (electricity) is strangling the common man. In such situation, I can't see it is a good idea to accept subject offer, it is a short term solution.
We have to think for future and to utilize this field for long term benefit of Pakistan and our generations.
Though it is a good idea to have trade with India but we also to be aware of that Pakistan should not become only a raw material source or consumer market for India but to par with India as producer.
I think anyone here could analyze the price comparison among raw material and a final product, so why should not we strive to be as producer and sell our product on good terms and profit rather than to be cheap market of raw material.

My question is, why Pakistan does not tap this coal field for own good?
We are starving and energy hungry. Utility bills (electricity) is strangling the common man. In such situation, I can't see it is a good idea to accept subject offer, it is a short term solution.
We have to think for future and to utilize this field for long term benefit of Pakistan and our generations.
Though it is a good idea to have trade with India but we also to be aware of that Pakistan should not become only a raw material source or consumer market for India but to par with India as producer.
I think anyone here could analyze the price comparison among raw material and a final product, so why should not we strive to be as producer and sell our product on good terms and profit rather than to be cheap market of raw material.

Currently we don't have capability, funds and most important our leadership don't have will.

Currently we don't have capability, funds and most important our leadership don't have will.

when the civilian leadership show any will, you take it in wrong way.....when millitary take any position, you support it....now here is a deadlock ...

We are talking about coal
sorry didnt get if it had any funny part...but i just pointed out at our friend who said

QUOTE]Currently we don't have capability, funds and most important our leadership don't have will.[[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom