What's new

Pakistan Received Mi17 Helicopter From US

Russian Choppers in Pakistan

One could be surprised by the title but it is true. The M-17 choppers helicopter provided by US to Pakistan this month are Russian made.

obviously my friend the mi17 are russian choppers! nothing new in it !!

regards!

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 12-Jun-2009

Jane's Defence Weekly

US gives Mi-17s to Pakistan

Trefor Moss JDW Asia-Pacific Editor - London

The United States delivered four refurbished Mil Mi-17 helicopters to the Pakistan Army on 10 June, the US embassy in Islamabad announced.

The embassy said the Mi-17s would "enhance Pakistan's capabilities in current operations against militant extremists", as well as help with humanitarian efforts to assist the millions of Pakistanis who have been displaced by recent fighting in the Swat valley.

The US was also hoping to provide Pakistan with further Mi-17s from its inventory, the embassy said. Jane's understands that the Pakistan Army currently operates around 30 Mi-17s, as well as other utility helicopters.

Pakistani officials have made consistent appeals for more helicopters in recent years, arguing that they are essential if the army is to become more effective in combating militants in the country's remote northwest.

Separately, the US Congress agreed on 11 June to provide USD1.5 billion in aid to Pakistan for each of the next five years.

I have this thnking that pakistan should work with china to develop its own transport helicopter or tot can be negotiated with westren countries we need these helicopter both for miltary and civilian usage frequant natural disasters, and conflicts ,, we need this technology we should atleast start working

I have this thnking that pakistan should work with china to develop its own transport helicopter or tot can be negotiated with westren countries we need these helicopter both for miltary and civilian usage frequant natural disasters, and conflicts ,, we need this technology we should atleast start working

nice idea but perhaps there are many more ideas of even more importance that top the priority list!
not the best time to start working on helicopters!
we have to take car of JF17, SAM system, AlKhalid II, U214 and F22p and the helicopters are not high enough on the purchase list i guess but surely i like the idea on self developed Helicopter that can also be exported to both military and civilian markets :agree:! perhaps we will have to wait for some time, perhaps 8 to 10 years :rolleyes:

regards!

if army cuts its expenditures from defence housing society which are unique of their kind i hope we can do alot ?

if army cuts its expenditures from defence housing society which are unique of their kind i hope we can do alot ?

Lol! perhaps militarymen can shed some light on this issue in a better way! however i do not disagree with you on that point. infact i am of the same view to some extent! :tup:

regards!

Back
Top Bottom