What's new

Pakistan plans to restore Sikh, Hindu religious monuments

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
For all those trolls struggling to find news on Pakistani minority, i guess you couldn't find this?

LAHORE: Pakistan plans to conserve and restore a Sikh 'Samadhi' and a Hindu temple, two important historical monuments located near the Lahore Fort, at a cost of Rs 22 million, a media report said.

The Samadhi of Bhai Vasti Ram, a spiritual guide to Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and the temple of Jhingar Shah Suthra, a Hindu mendicant of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb's time, are the two monuments which are planned for restoration, the Dawn reported.

Quoting officials of Punjab archaeology department, it said work on both the projects would start in January next year to be completed in 2016.

The Samadhi of Bhai Vasti Ram, entirely built in marble, is a beautiful and unique monument of the Sikh period.

According to officials, during the war of independence in 1857 and the British period, the British soldiers destroyed the 'Pietra Dura' of the Samadhi by extracting semi-precious marbles and stones from inlay works.

Later, when the Muslims attacked the Samadhi, they destroyed the elevations by crushing the marble tiles, columns as well as the marble platform on the structure's edges.

All the wall paintings and intricate carvings were completely destroyed and some pieces of the precious carved work could be seen lying on the floor of the Samadhi even today, the report said.

The temple of Jhingar Shah Suthra also has historical significance.

The archaeology officials said the conservation work would be carried out through experienced artisans and craftsmen, using traditional material methods under the supervision of the directorate general of archaeology.

Pakistan plans to restore Sikh, Hindu religious monuments - The Times of India

how is it possible ...you evil pakistani terrorist ... ths is just a propoganda... :taz:

By the time the restorations are complete, will there be any Sikhs or Hindus left in Pakistan to worship at these sites ? :D

Just trolling. Good move by the authorities

Nice work. Name any famous Hindu temple of Pakistan? I wanna google it.

Good If Pakistan does that. Everything can not be seen from narrow angle of religion. Hindu and shikh monuments are culture of Pakistan. If they restore that and give protection to few remaining Hindus, Pakistan is not going to loose anything. It will only help Pakistan to strengthen the culture which used to prevailed in Pakistan few years (60 ) back.

I wish Pakistan a best of luck.

Ahmedis are Non Muslims "Officially" , And one has to give a "Declaration" that Ahmedis are kaafir in order to prove his own religion . Shia are Non Muslims "Un officially" . Dont worry , let Taliban rise to power , and everyone in this country other than "Deobandis" (Including Barelvis) will be "officially non muslim" too ... And you are mentioning jews , hindus etc ... :what:
Oh.. You want TTP to get power? Huh :hitwall:

They should be chased and killed and they deserve it. Who is Muslim and who is not. Its shouldn't be of your concern. It is between him and Allah. They choose to become Ahmedis, Shias and Deobandis. They will be sent to hell or heaven accordingly. Don't raise a topic on sects here. 
Nice work. Name any famous Hindu temple of Pakistan? I wanna google it.
This will help.
List of Hindu temples in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Hello_Kitty I may also give a name here - Mohammad Junaid - check his flickr blog(in office, so can't get you a link). He has some first hand pictures of derelict temples in Pakistan, esp. Sindh.

They should be chased and killed and they deserve it. Who is Muslim and who is not. Its shouldn't be of your concern. It is between him and Allah. They choose to become Ahmedis, Shias and Deobandis. They will be sent to hell or heaven accordingly. Don't raise a topic on sects here.

If I were to decide , All the TTP terrorists would already have been in hell !! You got me wrong !! It was "sarcasm", meant to target the "religious intolerance" in our society !

This will help.
List of Hindu temples in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it is good move ,highly appreciated
question is why it is so important to preserve past ? by ignoring past culture and heritage, is it possible for any society to act mature enough ?(very important question, people identify them self more with religion or culture ?

is been long time i am in Indonesia , world largest Muslim population ..............in Indonesian society,they always give more imports to past ritual and costume...........most of them like to identify them-self with culture rather than religion

i am not sure ,but i think ,that may be one of the Major reason why Indonesian has more better and mature society compare to other,specially Indian and Pakistani , trust me still we are quite loud ,compare to south Asian.....their society is more balance and cam ,recently international Ramayana festival has been organised by Indonesian government ,below link you can see some of the pic

INTERNATIONAL RAMAYANA FESTIVAL 2013 indonesia...

question is why it is so important to preserve past ? by ignoring past culture and heritage, is it possible for any society to act mature enough ?(very important question, people identify them self more with religion or culture ?
We all have connections with past. Some people learn from their mistakes in past. They tell us what should we do and what should not.
Culture and heritage is a part of society. No one can ignore them. Your culture reflect you self. Culture and religion are two things which are somewhere connected to each other. But we should be proud of our culture and not religion. Religion is something else. It is the way to connect to god. Most of people in our society think that they are superior because of their religion.

Thank You :pakistan:. I hope the Plan doesn't remain Plan; they implement it too. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom