What's new

Pakistan Pharma Industry in fear of closure after Indian Offer.

every indian company wishing to do business in pakistan must be charged with 10% kashmir freedom movement tax and 10% L-e-T tax.That will take care of finances for freedom fighters' fighting for kashmir freedom

I'm sure you would have done this have you had any scope, but the fact is this gesture is quid pro pro, do that you may have to say bye bye to european market!

I'm sure you would have done this have you had any scope, but the fact is this gesture is quid pro pro, do that you may have to say bye bye to european market!
That doesnt matter anymore.

India's medicine is of poor quality. They don't even manufacture updated drugs. For asthma, for instance. We in BD have a huge open trade in our manufactured medicines entering India. Even patients going to India are told to buy medicines when they get back to BD.

i m not sure low quality drug is the cause in this case . Asthma is life-long allergic condition which has no cure but prevention from allergens. if a patient comes to India he can`t be obviously sent back with truck loads of drugs to last all his life . besides it is advisable to to try drugs available locally because anti-allergic drugs are individual-centric depending on brands. so doctors usually advice a particular brand and advice patient to stick to it and doses titred to individual needs. change of brands is not advisable unless it completely fails .so doctors usually prescribe a generic name and asked them to choose brands of their choice under the observation of local doctors.. by the way why do BD patient have to come to India for asthma treatment??it`s not that complicated..

Pakistani pharma industry will find new ways to compete and rely less on ripping people off...however i am worried because India is the largest exporter of fake drugs..this is why Indian drugs are banned in GCC...on the flip side..embrace for even more influx of generic viarga and impotency crap...may be PTA decision to ban pr0n sites have anything to do with MFN :P

Obviously we dont care , we only need fat ugly people with poor management and hefty unlawful profits on the name of local products

And what about the possibility of these drugs becoming affordable to the Pakistani poor who today can not afford these medicines due to their prohibitive cost? You think fattening up of industrialists' accounts is more important than making sure life saving drugs reach poor people who can not afford it other wise..

One comment to the smart indians the subject/debate is not about opening the Pakistani market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY the MFN status ... and bharti?????????????

FYI....Pakistan market was never closed like bhartis!

I hate to say but there never was a rule that bhartis cannot build factories in Pakistan but also there never was a rule that bhartis allowed to dump their scrap in Pakistan on preferential grounds.

I have said it before and will say again... no uncertified bharti product shall be allowed to import and no exemptions in import duties, no bending of rules.

As per my information bhartis do not make any products certified by relevant international bodies, so technically bhartis cannot export almost nothing..... other than scrap.

Pakistan was always open to the all world but on equal grounds but not to states which them self had closed market for decades.

Pakistani pharma industry will find new ways to compete and rely less on ripping people off...however i am worried because India is the largest exporter of fake drugs..this is why Indian drugs are banned in GCC...on the flip side..embrace for even more influx of generic viarga and impotency crap...may be PTA decision to ban pr0n sites have anything to do with MFN :P

I couldn't help but laugh.

"A leading Indian industry body sees great potential in pharma exports to the Gulf with countries in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) depending on imports for 80 per cent of their domestic requirements.

Of India's global export of drugs and pharmaceuticals worth Rs 119.25 billion in 2002-03, exports to the GCC comprised Rs 2.64 billion, states a study by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) released on Wednesday.

"There is a considerable scope for increasing our exports of drugs and pharmaceutical products to GCC countries namely Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Sultanate of Oman," the report states."

Great potential for Indian pharma in Gulf: FICCI

http://articles.economictimes.india...75219_1_india-and-gcc-r-seetharaman-doha-bank

One comment to the smart indians the subject/debate is not about opening the Pakistani market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY the MFN status ... and bharti?????????????

FYI....Pakistan market was never closed like bhartis!

I hate to say but there never was a rule that bhartis cannot build factories in Pakistan but also there never was a rule that bhartis allowed to dump their scrap in Pakistan on preferential grounds.

I have said it before and will say again... no uncertified bharti product shall be allowed to import and no exemptions in import duties, no bending of rules.

As per my information bhartis do not make any products certified by relevant international bodies, so technically bhartis cannot export almost nothing..... other than scrap.

Pakistan was always open to the all world but on equal grounds but not to states which them self had closed market for decades.

wow such love for "bharitis" :rofl: could you please inform me what world class products are made in Pakistan . ( dont want to say what we make . ..... just google:) )

He said Bangladesh has imposed a complete ban on Indian pharmaceutical products. This ban has helped Bangladesh pharmaceutical sector to grow and become global exporters, thus providing foreign exchange as well as local jobs.

I dont know how pakistan come up with weired stories about Bangladesh all the time. Bangladesh never banned any Indian pharma. We do import some high end injection etc.

The reason most foreign drug cant enter BD is due to our strict policy on composite drugs. For instance you cant have different antibiotic in a single dose like if you make amoxicilin then you cant mix tetracyclin with it. We also have strict policy on pain killers. Indian Zandu Bam type medicine is banned here neither our industries can produce them.

I dont know how pakistan come up with weired stories about Bangladesh all the time. Bangladesh never banned any Indian pharma. We do import some high end injection etc.

The reason most foreign drug cant enter BD is due to our strict policy on composite drugs. For instance you cant have different antibiotic in a single dose like if you make amoxicilin then you cant mix tetracyclin with it. We also have strict policy on pain killers. Indian Zandu Bam type medicine is banned here neither our industries can produce them.

I wonder why combination drugs are banned in BD ??It sounds more economical to produce combination drugs ,besides there are strict guidelines to make combination drugs and combination drugs are manufactured and marketed depending on prevailing popular diseases.. zandu balm are not even drugs however zandu do make some generics one

We in BD rarely use Indian medicines because of their poor quality. Some items which are more cosmetic than medicine are available. However, BD medicines have a good market in Eastern India entering through the open market. BD medicines are exported world over, and some of our pharmaceutical companies have set up plants abroad.

We in BD rarely use Indian medicines because of their poor quality. Some items which are more cosmetic than medicine are available. However, BD medicines have a good market in Eastern India entering through the open market. BD medicines are exported world over, and some of our pharmaceutical companies have set up plants abroad.

I am from Eastern India but I have never seen any Pharmacy product from Bangladesh but I do saw fruit juices with tag "Made in Bangladesh" in shops. Anyway if India medicine are of poor quality then whole western Pharma industry is in shock with growth of pharma industry in India because Indians companies are providing same quality with cheap rates because of cheap labor cost and try to harass them.

i m not sure low quality drug is the cause in this case . Asthma is life-long allergic condition which has no cure but prevention from allergens. if a patient comes to India he can`t be obviously sent back with truck loads of drugs to last all his life . besides it is advisable to to try drugs available locally because anti-allergic drugs are individual-centric depending on brands. so doctors usually advice a particular brand and advice patient to stick to it and doses titred to individual needs. change of brands is not advisable unless it completely fails .so doctors usually prescribe a generic name and asked them to choose brands of their choice under the observation of local doctors.. by the way why do BD patient have to come to India for asthma treatment??it`s not that complicated..

1. India is way behind in modern asthma medicine. For instance we have been using Seretide Acuhaler of Glaxo for more than two decades. Indians don't know of its existence. Even for bronchodilation Indian doctors are dependent on a crude dialator which has to be first fitted with a capsule, etc. We have used Ventolin inhalers for ever. In fact our phamaceutical industries have been exporting their brand of bronchodialators. People go to India for alternative medication - which, in the end, do not work. Somebody feeding a fish on a particular day in a year in Hyderbabd; cockroach filled banana;homeopathic; natural medicine; etc.

2. India has some world class heart doctors. From S India there are excellent nursing teams for cardiology. Mumbai is a destination for drug addiction treatment and cancer. Vellore is world famous for kidney. Madras and Hyderabad for eye.

3. We now have a few modern hospitals which employ doctors and nursing teams from India and elsewhere. Our affluent lot now go to Bangkok, KL or Singapore.

Asad that doesn't explain why scores of bangladeshis flocks to calcutta to avail healthcare services, not that I'm complaining, it does contribute to economy, just giving a reality check.

Back
Top Bottom