What's new

Pakistan helped evolve UAE armed forces, says consul-general By Press ReleasePubli

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
UAE national day: Pakistan helped evolve UAE armed forces, says consul-general
By Press Release
Published: December 2, 2013
KARACHI:
On the 42nd National Day of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), its acting consul-general in Karachi Bakhteet Ateeq al Romaith shared his views on the relations between Pakistan and UAE on Sunday.

“I appreciate Pakistan’s contribution to the evolution of key institutions in the Emirates, such as the armed forces, police, health and education, and we have reciprocated in the same friendly manner,” he said. “As we celebrate this national day, I would like us to celebrate the successes of the deep-rooted ties that bind us, and the endless opportunities that will continue to keep us connected.”

The UAE has emerged as one of Pakistan’s major economic and trading partners, he said. “The bilateral trade volume between our countries has exceeded from $7.6 billion in 2012 to $10 billion this year.”

“The UAE-Pakistan relationship is not just limited to trade and investment, there is people-to-people contact and both countries share a cultural similarity like no other,” he said.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 2nd, 2013.

Pakistan Air Force Helped set up UAE Air Force. There first Pilot Ahmed Khamis was a term junior to me at the PAF Academy, Risalpur. I am sure similar help was given by PA and PN, the other two arms of Pakistan Armed Forces.

Even Emirates was set up by PIA.

Did you go prof? Wow congrats!
Pakistan Air Force Helped set up UAE Air Force. There first Pilot Ahmed Khamis was a term junior to me at the PAF Academy, Risalpur. I am sure similar help was given by PA and PN, the other two arms of Pakistan Armed Forces.

Pakistan Zindabad :pakistan:

@Aeronaut

You didn't serve in the Air Force later did you?

You didn't serve in the Air Force later did you?

King Abdullah should ask the French to upgrade the UAE Mirage 2000s, and ship them to Pakistan :coffee: ..

Libya won't be getting sh!t at this point I guess, and the Pakistanis are the best candidate to acquire them.

Absolutely. For years Pakistani Pilots remained on Deputation to UAEAF to fly their Aircrafts in the 70's all the way thru 90's and so were the Aeronautical Engineers. We have always had very close knit relationship with their Armed Forces.

Even to this day Sir. :smart:

King Abdullah should ask the French to upgrade the UAE Mirage 2000s, and ship them to Pakistan :coffee: ..

Even to this day Sir. :smart:

That is a good point. The only reason Pakistan could not get the UAE Mirages was the price and the PAF Budget. Those Mirage 2000s are useless for UAE Air Force because they have State of the Art F-16 E/F's. They have not bothered to upgrade those Mirage 2000's because they want to unload them. Upgraded Mirage 2000's can be brought to 4.5 Generation standards. I think it is a Robust and Proven Platform that could be very useful for Pakistan Air Force.

Did you read the article the article " Pakistan's Amazing Mirages " and how Pakistani Aeronautical Engineers were able to have them upgraded and kept them going by buying extra Mirage III's for spare parts and making Pakistan the largest operator of Mirage III's/ We could have done the same with Mirage 2000's.

Back
Top Bottom