What's new

Pakistan hands over Sarabjit Singh's belongings

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan today handed over to Indian officials 36 items belonging to death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died after a brutal attack inside a jail in April, and asked India to reciprocate by releasing fishermen and other prisoners.

"We received the items today. We are making arrangements for them to be sent back to India," a senior official of the Indian High Commission said.

In August, Indian officials formally requested Pakistan's Foreign Office to facilitate the return of Sarabjit's clothes and other belongings, which were retained by prison authorities in Lahore, to his family.

The administration of Kot Lakhpat Jail transferred his personal belongings to the Interior Ministry last month.

The item include a copy of the Quran, three holy books in Hindi, a rosary, five sets of clothes, a sleeping mattress, a pitcher, a blanket and shoes.

The move to hand them over came after Sarabjit's sister Dalbir Kaur requested Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to bring back his belongings.

Pakistan's Interior Ministry said the Indian government should reciprocate by releasing Pakistani fishermen and prisoners.

"We wish all Indian prisoners well and request Indian government's reciprocal spirit in releasing the fishermen and other prisoners as the ones we have released far outnumber the ones released by Indian authorities," Interior Ministry spokesman Omar Hameed Khan told PTI.

In August, Pakistan had freed 337 Indian fishermen, including seven juveniles, held for violating the country's maritime boundary.

On May 2, Sarabjit succumbed to head injuries he sustained when some Pakistani prisoners attacked him. He had been sentenced to death for alleged involvement in a string of bombings in 1990.

His family had maintained that Sarabjit, a farmer from a village located along the border, had strayed into Pakistan in an inebriated condition.
Pakistan hands over Sarabjit Singh's belongings | NDTV.com

I don't know what his family is supposed to do with his belongings. If he really wasn't an Indian spy and if his version is indeed true, it's one of the most tragic cases of mistaken identity that I've come across. If he was a spy, then, well, a salute to him for his sacrifice.

The guy passed away in april his belongings are only now being returned? & months down the line, why the delay?

He was a spy and master mind who did 2 blasts in Lahore.. he was proven guilty in court of law and given death sentence...
His appeal against the decision was also turn down due to evidence of his involvement against him ...
He should have been hanged till death and made a example out of him...

I have lost 2 friends due to his blasts ...

How credible is that source. I mean lets say for a sec that singh was innocent. Then again the onus of blame lies on most part on that kashmir singh ( think thats his name) who was released as a gesture of good will. And instead of keeping his mouth shut. He bragged about how he was a spy, and all. It does put the GOP in huge amounts of pressure that they get from public circles.

What he said was that he was a spy not a terrorist .

Every spy is not a terrorist .

Rubbish source...
He was a terrorist and mind you if you have lost some friends we will like to see these people hanged in front of you. who ever killed this guy is a hero ...

What he was doing in Pakistan anyway ... he should have been killed the day he entered Pakistan ..

A terrorist framed by pakistan according to sources .

What he said was that he was a spy not a terrorist .

Every spy is not a terrorist .

A terrorist framed by pakistan according to sources .
Try understanding the point I was making rather then replying just for the sake of it.

A terrorist or not, what are ur sources. Just because he was indian that dont make him innocent.

Try understanding the point I was making rather then replying just for the sake of it.

A terrorist or not, what are ur sources. Just because he was indian that dont make him innocent.

The same sources which reported that the lone witness saying in open that he was lectured to testify against him .

The same sources which reported that the lone witness saying in open that he was lectured to testify against him .
So far all I read is red if. Secondly my point was that even he was innocent, after kashmir Singh debacle I don't GOP could have taken another chance.

So far all I read is red if. Secondly my point was that even he was innocent, after kashmir Singh debacle I don't GOP could have taken another chance.

Both are different . You require some reason to jail somebody . You can't jail him just because he is an Indian . Even if he was a spy you require proof to prove so .

Both are different . You require some reason to jail somebody . You can't jail him just because he is an Indian . Even if he was a spy you require proof to prove so .
It's us not that u indians have issues with the ruling of Pakistani courts. Plus he was found guilty beyond doubt. Now he is dead so keep crying.

It's us not that u indians have issues with the ruling of Pakistani courts. Plus he was found guilty beyond doubt. Now he is dead so keep crying.

He was found guilty on doctored evidences that is the bottom line .

As for crying ...... :blah::blah::blah:

He was found guilty on doctored evidences that is the bottom line .

As for crying ...... :blah::blah::blah:
A billion whines don't change the reality kid. Bla bla bla indeed.

Back
Top Bottom