What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My family hailing from Andron Shehr Lahore have traditionally been hardcore Sharif supporters, but many of my younger cousins are saying they will vote for PTI this time. Generally speaking all my chachas and tayas are still sticking with PLM(N) whilst my cousins are voting for PTI.

Everyone should vote for PTI and bring change in the leadership rather tasting the same rotten poison

I cant believe it when my fathers friend says ... whos a much younger from my father same of my age. I have asked him whom u gonna vote ? In a reply im expecting PTI :yahoo: actually he says im going to vote Q league the fools chaudry brothers !:hitwall: I was like :what: the person i treat like him wise and think he was of good taste is actually not.

Why our people not on a right track and not thinking from their mind ! and they are like sheeps one following anothers whos in front of her. and dont know there is a gutter in front of them

Mine and my family's 4 votes for PTI ...my constituency NA 125 Lahore Cantt, I will ensure that we all and as many of my neighbours/Relatives vote for PTI ....InshALLAH ...that's what we can do .

Elections 2013: PPP, ANP still divided about alliance

PESHAWAR: Provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Husain said the Awami National Party (ANP) is ready to form an electoral alliance in the province with the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party.
While talking to journalists on Monday, Husain said that the ANP is one of the major political parties in the province and its doors are open to all. He said they were ready to form an electoral alliance with the PPP for the next general elections, but the PPP’s provincial leadership has not confirmed to do so.
The ruling party’s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) chapter had earlier announced that they would contest the general elections without forming an alliance with the ANP. PPP K-P President Anwar Saifullah Khan had said that the PPP has acted as the junior partner in the ruling coalition and that he wants to see his party in the “driving seat” after the next elections.
However on Monday, PPP stalwart and K-P senior minister Rahim Dad Khan said that this party may have a seat adjustment with its current coalition partner.
Speaking at the Peshawar Press Club, Khan said it would help in achieving consistency if development projects that were initiated in the current ANP-PPP coalition are completed.
Husain said that the heads of both parties, Asfandiar Wali Khan and Asif Ali Zardari, had close relations and hoped that they would both support the electoral alliance between the parties.
Kalabagh Dam
Rahim Dad Khan also showed strong reservations about the Kalabagh Dam issue having been taken to the Lahore High Court. He said it was a conflict between provinces and three provincial assemblies had rejected its construction in the past.
He claimed that 2,000MW of electricity would be generated over the next three years from K-P from various development projects undertaken.
Published in The Express Tribune, November 6th, 2012.

PTI - Imran Khan, if he does not take the issue of Kashmir lightly.

I like that he addresses the importance of social equity and the strength and alacrity of the youth in building new united Pakistan.

Election season: JI may forge alliance of six religious parties

PESHAWAR:
The Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) rift over the restoration of the Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) is going to take a new turn, as the former is now trying to forge a new alliance of six religious parties, it is learnt.
MMA, an alliance of religious parties with representation of the Shia, Sunni-deobandi, Sunni-barelvi, and the Ahle Hadith sects had contested the 2002 polls and formed government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan. However, the group split after JI and some other MMA members decided to boycott the 2008 elections.
With the election season drawing closer, the religious parties have once again stepped up efforts to forge an electoral alliance.
A senior JI leader, requesting anonymity, told The Express Tribune that the JI, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Sami (JUI-S), JUI-Ideological, Ahle Sunnah Wal Jammat (ASWJ), Jamiat Ahl Hadith (Ibtisam Elahi Zaheer faction) and Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan (JUP Sawad-e-Azam) were likely to join hands for the upcoming elections.
He said that these parties have decided in principle to cooperate with each other for the next general elections.
“A meeting of the leaders of these parties took place at the residence of JI senior leader Liaquat Baloch in October, where this alliance was discussed,” he said.
He said that it was not yet clear whether these parties will go for an electoral alliance or contest polls under their own flags.
He said it was likely that the alliance would be discussed at the sidelines of Difa-e-Pakistan Council (DPC) leaders meeting to be held in Islamabad on November 12.
Interestingly, all these parties are also part of DPC, a conglomerate of about 36 religious political parties, banned and ****** outfits.
The leaders of the parties likely to form an alliance were also in attendance at a religious clerics convention organised by JI on November 3 in Peshawar. JI chief Munawwar Hassan and other prominent leaders castigated JUI-F on that occasion for what they called “weakening the religious forces”.
The JI official said that besides forging this alliance, JI was also in contact with other parties including Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) over electoral adjustment. He said that the alliance’s agenda will be mostly anti-American. He said that there was very little chance of JI attending the MMA meeting, in which JI chief Syed Munawar Hassan has been invited.
“Maulana Fazlur Rehman’s statements have muddied the water and in such a situation it was unlikely for JI to sit with JUI-F,” he said.
The general secretary of the JI Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa chapter Shabbir Ahmed Khan told The Express Tribune that his party was trying to forge a broad-based alliance with religious parties and other political forces of the country.
Published in The Express Tribune, November 9th, 2012.

5 codes of conduct for elections ready

ISLAMABAD – The next general elections will be held under supervision of the Election Commission of Pakistan, Secretary Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan affirmed on Tuesday as he dispelled the notions that other institutions could supervise the polls, due in 2013.
Interacting with a group of reporters after a Senate special committee meeting on the rules and regulations for the 2013 general elections, Khan clarified that the polls would not be conducted under the supervision of the army or judiciary, not in any case. He, however, added that paramilitary forces and the army could be called out, if needed.
Khan informed the media that the ECP had prepared five special codes of conduct, including those for the media, civil society, political parties, observers, and security.
“A proposal for increasing the expenditure on an electoral campaign for a candidate vying for a National Assembly seat is under consideration. According to the proposal, the limit of amount to be spent by a candidate to a national constituency has been raised from Rs 1.5 million to Rs 5 million, while for a candidate to a provincial assembly has been increased to Rs 3 million from Rs 1 million,” the secretary said.
Khan, to a question, said that the document for the electoral laws was being prepared and would be sent to Parliament within a month for approval. The election commission, added the secretary, wrote to the foreign secretary on September 20 that foreign observers be invited to Pakistan to analyse the arrangements for the elections. “But the foreign secretary has not so far done the needful. An explanation has been called from him, however,” he added.
The Election Commission is making all-out arrangements to hold next general elections in free, fair and transparent manner, he said
Talking to Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, UK Senior Minister of State of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, the Secretary said, all stakeholders including political parties, civil societies, and media are being consulted and kept on board about electoral reforms and decisions of the ECP. The Secretary highlighted the preparation of error-free electoral rolls-2012 published on May 31, 2012 and said, every citizen of Pakistan, who possesses CNIC, has been enrolled as voter in the electoral rolls.
The number of voters is now 84 million while one million citizens have been issued CNIC after May 31, 2012 and they are being enrolled after verification by the Registration Officers of the ECP.
He said the Presiding Officers will be provided copies of electoral rolls with photo and a column of thumb impression of voters with magnetized ink to help eliminate chances of impersonation in the coming polls, he added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine and my family's 4 votes for PTI ...my constituency NA 125 Lahore Cantt, I will ensure that we all and as many of my neighbours/Relatives vote for PTI ....InshALLAH ...that's what we can do .

I heard Saad Rafique may not be running, instead the constituency has been given to Humaiyon Akhtar, the like minded group ?:rolleyes:

poor khuwaja Saad Rafique :lol:

P.S.

55% of the women voted for Obama, 60% youth voted for Obama.

a positive sign for PTI, the party to bring change !!

2013 general elections’ year: PM

KARACHI, Nov 10 (APP): Prime Minister Raja Pervez Asharaf on Saturday said 2013 is the year of general elections and expressed his confidence that these elections will not only nourish democracy but also lay the foundation for a sustainable political system in the country. Addressing the inaugral ceremony of the first 2-day convention of South Asia Photo Journalists Association (SAPA) and a photo exhibition here at Sadeqain Gallery Ferer Hall, he said that the government has been following this policy to combat all kinds of challenges in a bid to strengthen democracy in the country.
He said completion of tenure by the democratic government is surely a tribute to the vision of Shaheed Mohtarama Benazir Bhutto.
The event was jointly organized by SAPA and Pakistan Association of Photo Journalists (PAPJ).
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Asharaf said that media likes action and there is no better action than a general election.
“Those of you who know our history would appreciate the reconciliatory politics envisaged by Shaheed Mohtarma Shaheed Benazir Bhutto and implemented by President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari”, he added.Prime Minister Raja Pervez Asharaf said that being a student of politics for more than two decades, he acknowledges the role of media in the development of a country.
Media not only builds the image but also creates perceptions, he added.
He said the media also keeps the government in check by holding it accountable for its policies and measures.
He said media and governments always work for the common good of a society.
Their roles may differ sometimes, but their goal remains the same that is the collective well-being of the people, he added.
He said, “We believe that an independent and free media is essential for strengthening of democracy and institutions.”
Nations can only develop and progress when media is independent and plays its role freely, the Prime Minister added.
He said the government of Pakistan Peoples Party is committed to media freedom. The party struggled for media freedom and rendered sacrifices for this cause, he added.
Raja Pervez Asharaf said even the staunchest critics of his government would bear testimony to the fact that “We have shown great restraint and tolerance in the face of harshest criticism.”
He congratulated Pakistan Association of Photo Journalists (PAPJ) and all other organizations for hosting the event in this city.
He said the event not only presents a great opportunity for photojournalists within Pakistan to share their experiences and develop their skills but also highlights the imperative of facilitating more exchanges within the SAARC region and beyond.
The Prime Minister also mentioned a quote by James Nachtwey that “Photography can put a human face on a human situation that would otherwise remain abstract or merely statistical.”
“Photography can become part of our collective consciousness and our collective conscience. It is a way to remember history and try not to relive the mistakes of the past.”
He said “It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words.
This emphasizes the importance of photographs in dissemination of our messages.”
He said the role played by photographers and photo journalists in a society cannot be over emphasized.
“This is why this first Convention of South Asia Photo Journalists Society is so important and in my opinion marks a watershed in the promotion of photo journalism in our region,” he added.
The Prime Minister expressed confidence that the South Asia Photo Journalists Association (SAPA) will raise the standards of photo journalism in this region higher than ever by equipping photo journalists with state of the art techniques and craft.
“With its commitment to an ethical code of conduct for all its members, I can see a brighter future for the photo journalists of Pakistan and the SAARC countries and Pakistan”, he said.
He said that he can appreciate the immense power of the people sitting here.These are the people who paint us abroad.
With their powerful words and opinions on various issues, they influence the world opinion with the click of their cameras, he added.
The Prime Minister called upon the foreign delegates “to see and feel the soft side of our society, which has been grappling with challenges of terrorism and extremism for many years.”
“We are the victims of the terrorists and war on terrorism. But we are also the victim of the partial and one-sided media coverage,” he added.
He said “the negative media framing of our peace loving country and innocent people is no service to a nation that suffered a staggering loss of forty thousand lives which included its brave armed forces, law enforcement personnel and civilians.”
He suggested them to apply objectivity and neutrality, core principles of responsible journalism, in their coverage of Pakistan.
He said, “do not doubt our efforts as no other country has rendered so many sacrifices both in men and material as Pakistan has. Help us fight the common enemy, the enemy which challenges the very way of our life, our soul and our dreams,” he added.
He said the government would continue to support media freedom and facilitate media persons in the discharge of their duties.
Raja Pervez Ashraf said,”democratic government of Pakistan assures that we will go an extra mile to ensure your freedom.”
“We are committed to promote good working conditions for media persons and the media industry.”
He added the role of Information Ministry has transformed from being a regulator to a facilitator.

873_51959741.jpg

My vote for the best and most organised party in Pakistan, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom