What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not that F-16 is outdated. Yes it might be outperformed by the Rafale/Typhoon/Su30s agility, the main thing is, F-16s with AIM120 and good radars would not want to dogfight. As long as i can see my enemy and strike first, its all well. And F-16 in BVR is very good at it. It's leaps and bounds better overall from the initial BLK15 models.
BVR engagement depending on technology . But dogfights always depending on pilot skills.

okay....what does that have to do with my comment?
That Block 52 and MKI are a match.

That Block 52 and MKI are a match.

I never said they were a match, I said formidable. The F-16 obviously doesn't have the same capabilities as the MKI, but that doesn't mean the F-16 would be shot down easily by the MKI. The MKI has yet to prove it's mettle in actual combat, but the F-16 has decades of experience, so don't get ahead of yourself.

I didn't say better, I said formidable and that's true. The F-16 has decades of experience under it's belt, and is still one of the most advanced fighters in the world.

What did I say that was wrong?

Let`s hit the Nail on Head, Gentleman....

- PAF has 19.5 Fighter Sqns.
- F16 Comprise 3 Sqn. - 2Sqn Block 15 A/B and 1 Sqn Bock 52
- F16 Jordan are yet again, Block 15 A/B
- Yanks are they Selling you - AIM -9/AIM-7/AIM-120 C-7
- Purchage of 13 Block 15s will lead to 4th Sqn

2 F16 A/BSqns -
-Turkish Upgrade - will not lead to change to APG 68 (V- 5/ V-4) Radar
-Will the Engines for Block 15 be changed to F110-GE-129
-Will the EW pods be changed to ALQ-131 Block II
If none of above Core systems will be changed as part of Turkish Upgrade then My Friend your last Statemet was a "Pure Tounge in Cheek Comment". 4 Sqns wont make a Difference.

Statement -
1) MIG21 Bison with GCR and Phalacon Support is Quite a Formidable system.
2) My Israeli Brats have also wispered some codes in my ear. In return for some favours...

Statement - My FOE is China, W.A.C & S.W.A.C is ample to Manage Paf

Last edited:
I never said they were a match, I said formidable. The F-16 obviously doesn't have the same capabilities as the MKI, but that doesn't mean the F-16 would be shot down easily by the MKI. The MKI has yet to prove it's mettle in actual combat, but the F-16 has decades of experience, so don't get ahead of yourself.
Sir F-16 BLOCK 52 is far better than Sukhoi sir and if we are able to upgrade these Jets close to 52 the kind of training our guys have they would create havoc but we need to improve our economy and try to get J-10 C because that is a deadly machine

Let`s hit the Nail on Head, Gentleman....

2 F16 A/BSqns -
-Turkish Upgrade - will not lead to change to APG 68 (V- 5/ V-4) Radar
-Will the Engiens for Block 15 be changed to F110-GE-129
-Will the EW pods be changed to ALQ-131 Block II

F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of 60 F-16A/B MLU and Falcon Star Structural Service Life Enhancement kits consisting of:
  • 21 ALQ-131 Block II Electronic Countermeasures Pods without the Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pods without DRFM;
Item 4: F-16A/B Engine Modifications
Link : Billions to Upgrade and Up-arm Pakistan’s F-16s

PAC Kamra can upgrade the older F-100 engines to 220E standard.

F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of 60 F-16A/B MLU and Falcon Star Structural Service Life Enhancement kits consisting of:
  • 21 ALQ-131 Block II Electronic Countermeasures Pods without the Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pods without DRFM;
Item 4: F-16A/B Engine Modifications
Link : Billions to Upgrade and Up-arm Pakistan’s F-16s

Gentleman - Has the Request been approved ? Everyone is aware of this Litrature on Net.

Gentleman - Has the Request been approved ? Everyone is aware of this Litrature on Net.

No it wasn't, we are sending the F16's to Turkey to get washed and scrubbed. We heard they use women in bikini's for the job.

Did you bother reading the article?

but the request for 36 new F-16 Block 50/52s is now going ahead, along with new weapons, engine modifications, and upgrade kits for Pakistan’s older F-16 A/Bs

No it wasn't, we are sending the F16's to Turkey to get washed and scrubbed. We heard they use women in bikini's for the job.

But I heard they are not wearing any top

We r still wasting our money on this crap then buying J10s on soft lone from China.

We r still wasting our money on this crap then buying J10s on soft lone from China.
Well first of all they are not crap secondly they would get upgraded to close to BLOCK 52 and third yes we should go for J-10 C but still we should have at least 3 Fighter Jets or I mean 3 kind of Fighter Jets so if we can have around 100 F-16 fully upgraded along with JF-17 BLOCK II more than 250 and 100 + J-10 C we would be a force to reckon

Bightman - Where is the Congress Approval to Upgrade your Weapon ?

What is more suitable . A plane which is already in service with PAF with all the ground infra plus the skills which are being developed by pilots over years of extensive training and pratice .

OR

A new plane which PAF have no knowledge have not infra on ground , with pilots having no expertise in flying that plane.

Expertise are not developed in a day or 2 . It take years of continuous exercise and practice to develop skills and tactics .

wont it be more sensible to buy a plane on which you have experience than buy a plane of which you know nothing.

This deal and the support for it by our senior team in this forum shows how much short sighted we as a Nation are.

This deal and the support for it by our senior team in this forum shows how much short sighted we as a Nation are.

It's a tested platform. We don't have to wait for any issues to sort out or production delays, delivery schedule. All 13 of the aircraft would be available at the same time. J-10s cannot offer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom