What's new

Pakistan, Australia ink MoU to boost defence ties

ejaz007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan, Australia ink MoU to boost defence ties

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan and Australia signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to increase bilateral defence cooperation, a press release issued on Monday said.

The MoU was signed when Australian Defence Minister Senator John Faulkner called on Federal Minister for Defence Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar at the Ministry of Defence.

The MoU envisages promoting interaction between the armed forces of the two countries. It also aims to double the training package for the officers of the Armed Forces of Pakistan with help from the Australian side.

The meeting underscored the need for promoting closer collaboration between the armed forces of the two countries. The minister briefed his Australian counterpart about the social, economic and psychological impact of the war on terror on Pakistan.

The meeting was attended by Defence Secretary Lieutenant General (r) Syed Athar Ali, Rear Admiral Shah Sohail Masood, Ministry of Defence additional secretary and other senior military and defence officials of Pakistan. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

What sort of defense ties with Australia , they dont produce anything .

If you read the article carefully it says training.

Also Australia does produce defence material, infact Australia exports 600 million dollars worth of defence material a year.

This is my favourite export.

landbushmasterlg.jpg

They are good in composite material which we can used in our Tank and Aircrafts

What sort of defense ties with Australia , they dont produce anything .
It's mainly for training.I think Military-Military relations are very very important.Pakistan Armed Forces should develop good relations with armed forces of different countries.It is Pentagon is US case which is lobbying hard for Pakistan Arm sales.

If you read the article carefully it says training.

Also Australia does produce defence material, infact Australia exports 600 million dollars worth of defence material a year.

This is my favourite export.

landbushmasterlg.jpg

A friend of mine drives one of these in Afghanistan. Or was it an ASLAV, meh one of the two.

Australia... wow... Guys no offence, I know Australia is one of the best countries to live in based on HDI...

Usually they do not mixup much with international matters...
But still Australia what kind of wars they have fought in recent history... ? So I guess may be Pakistan Army can train Australian Army .... instead of the other way around... whay say ?

Pakistan Army has more experience and is engaged more than Australian Army...

Australia... wow... Guys no offence, I know Australia is one of the best countries to live in based on HDI...

But still Australia what kind of wars they have fought in recent history... ? So I guess may be Pakistan Army can train Australian Army .... instead of the other way around... whay say ?

This training is not for conventional war..but for SF.It is not bad IMHO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Special_Air_Service_Regiment.Besides this level of training is beneficial as i said before it will enhance Pakistan Australia Military Relations.

But still Australia what kind of wars they have fought in recent history... ?

Australia has been in every major war since 1900. WW1 WW2 vietnam, the gulf war ,the iraq war, afghanastan.

Australia was a major part of the invasion of iraq alongside Britain and the U.S

Australia also invaded east timor, the solomon islands and papua new guina all on it's own to help establish order in these countries.

So I guess may be Pakistan Army can train Australian Army. Pakistan Army has more experience and is engaged more than Australian Army...

The pakistan army may had had more fights but that doesn't guarantee you are well trained. The Australian Army has perfected a training standard over 100 years that is said to be the best in the world.

One example of this excellent training is in WW2 where 300 aussie soldiers held off 5,000 japanese in the jungle where japanese soldiers are suppose to be experts.

Infact, Australian Army soldiers are said to be better trained then the average American soldier. Australian soldiers even train some American soldiers.

So can eagles are finally coming?? Scan Eagles were not getting clearance because Australian part was yet to be cleared for us. Is there any news about it?

AIR_UAV_ScanEagle_Underside_lg.jpg

Infact, Australian Army soldiers are said to be better trained then the average American soldier. Australian soldiers even train some American soldiers.

Yup their so good the Aussies are almost as good as the Kiwi's ;)

Past: PAF is flying ex Australian Mirages.
In future: Can PAF get high tech for JF-17s from Australia ? China and Australia are good business partners so Australia can transfer tech to Pakistan and China now that France is out.

Hi,

I believe that many a years ago australia also worked on the propulsion system on the augusta subs regarding cavitation noises.

Hi,

I believe that many a years ago australia also worked on the propulsion system on the augusta subs regarding cavitation noises.

Australian made subs are almost a "failure" according to a Australian naval Eng.

Back
Top Bottom