What's new

Pakistan Army Honours and Awards (Ribbons/Medals) - Pictures

Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here i'll be listing the pictures of HONOURS AND AWARDS of our military. These would include:

- OPERATIONAL AWARDS

- CAMPAIGN/WAR MEDALS

- NON-OPERATIONAL AWARDS

- SERVICE MEDALS and

- COMMEMORATIVE MEDALS.

Let's start with OPERATIONAL AWARDS:

OPERATIONAL AWARDS

NISHAN-I-HAIDER

nishanihaidermini154514.jpg

HILAL-I-JUR'AT

hilalijuraatmini5451458.jpg

SITARA-I-JUR'AT

sitaraijuraat5451472.jpg

TAMGHA-I-JUR'AT

tamghaijuraat15451488.jpg

CAMPAIGN/WAR MEDALS

TAMGHA-I-DIFA

s5451511.jpg

SITARA-I-HARAB (1965 WAR)

sitaraiharb19655451535.jpg

SITARA-I-HARAB (1971 WAR)

sitaraiharb19715451557.jpg

TAMGHA-I-JANG (1965 WAR)

tamghaijang1965mini5451.jpg

TAMGHA-I-JANG (1971 WAR)
tamghaijang19715451583.png

NON-OPERATIONAL AWARDS

SITARA-I-BASALAT

sitaraibasalat5451609.jpg

TAMGHA-I-BASALAT

tamghaibasalatcopy54516.jpg

NISHAN-IMTIAZ (MILITARY)

nishaneimtiazmini545165.png

HILAL-I-IMTIAZ

sitaraeimtiaz15451666.png

SITARA-I-IMTIAZ

sitaraiimtiaz5451682.png

TAMGHA-I-IMTIAZ (MILITARY)

medalstamghaeimtiazfina.png

TAMGHA-I-KHIDMAT (MILITARY)
CLASS-I

tamghaikhidmatmilitaryc.jpg

CLASS-II

tamghaikhidmatmilitaryc.jpg

..... continued

NON-OPERATIONAL AWARDS

CLASS-III

tkiiiminicopy15451763.png

Wonderful..... Truly... Which is the highest military Award Sir?

NISHAN-I-HAIDER..It's given posthumously though.It has been given to 10 personnel only. Of the 10 recipients, 9 have been from the Pakistan Army, one has been from the Pakistan Air Force..

SERVICE MEDALS

SERVICE MEDAL (10 YEARS)

sevicemedal10yearsnewsc.jpg

SERVICE MEDAL (20 YEARS)

svcmedal20yearscopy5451.png

SERVICE MEDAL (30 YEARS)

svcmedal30years5451830.png

SERVICE MEDAL (40 YEARS)

svcmedal40yearscopy5451.png

NISHAN-I-HAIDER..It's given posthumously though.It has been given to 10 personnel only. Of the 10 recipients, 9 have been from the Pakistan Army, one has been from the Pakistan Air Force..

Is there any Soldier who has won it Alive, Many PAF Pilots Deserved this...

Is there any Soldier who has won it Alive, Many PAF Pilots Deserved this...
No Alive Person have ever got this award but many PAF Officers got HILAL-I-JUR'AT which is second highest award.
Pakistan Air Force

* Air Marshal Nur Khan HJ
* Group Captain M Zafar Masud HJ (later Air Commodore)
* Squadron Leader Sarfaraz Ahmed Rafiqui HJ
* Air Marshal A Rahim Khan HJ
* Air Commodore Inamul Haq Khan HJ (later Air Marshal)

*Sorry xeric for derailing your thread - Mods please delete the OT posts.

Last edited:
COMMEMORATIVE MEDALS

PAKISTAN MEDAL 1947

pakistanmedal1947copy54.png

TAMGHA-I-SAD SAALA JASHAN-I-WILADAT-I-QUAID-I-AZAM

tamghaisadsaalljashaniw.png

REPUBLIC COMMEMORATIVE MEDAL

commemorativemedal54519.png

HIJRI MEDAL

hijrimedal15451994.jpg

DEMOCRACY MEDAL

democracymedal5452013.png

PAKISTAN RESOLUTION DAY
GOLDEN JUBILEE MEDAL 1990
pakresolutiondayfinalco.png

PAKISTAN INDEPENDENCE DAY GOLDEN JUBILEE MEDAL 1997

pakresolutiondaycopy545.png

TAMGHA-I-BAQA

tamghaibaqamini5452112.jpg

........ Continued

COMMEMORATIVE MEDALS

IMTIAZI SANAD
scommendationcardcopy54.jpg

Couldn't you people wait till i had uploaded the entire stuff in the sequence, you just killed the SD..:coffee:

Anywaz, NH is only given to a soldier who had laid down his life in the line of duty demonstrating the highest level of bravery.

Couldn't you people wait till i had uploaded the entire stuff in the sequence, you just killed the SD..:coffee:

Anywaz, NH is only given to a soldier who had laid down his life in the line of duty demonstrating the highest level of bravery.

interesting point you are raising!

since this WoT and its mil-ops are not considered 'war' officially, officers and jawans who make the 'ultimate sacrifice' are not entitled to the following gallantry awards.

NH
HJ
SJ
TJ

these awards are the preserve of the soldiers who fight an 'external' enemy.

for those who lay down their lives in conflicts, skirmishes and CI ops, the armed forces bestow the following of many gallantry awards.

HBt (?)
SBt
TBt

and others.

now there is something really wrong here - is there a 'difference' in the ultimate sacrifice made by our officers and jawans in a official ;war' and the current CI ops - arnt we fighting a 'enemy of the state'?

and if there is a difference between these sacrifices, then why would the CoAS state on the occasion of the 'Youm-Shuhada' celebrated on 30th April that "the armed forces of pakistan have made more than 15,000 sacrifices in defence of the motherland and on this day we will never forget them" - so it is clear from his statement that there is 'no difference' in the ultimate sacrifice made by our officers and jawans whether it is a declared war, conflict or CI ops.

then why make the distinction when awarding these gallantry awards - is there no case to award NH/HJ/SJ/TJ to the brave souls who have laid down their lives for our nation!!!

i posted this sometimes ago but unfortunately people were either ignoring it, or didnt see it, or dont care - i dont know but this whole awarding of gallantry awards, just dosnt sit well with me - a officer or jawan gives his life in defence of his motherland, and the powers to be actually can find 'distinctions' or 'differences' in the levels of sacrifice - sorry folks! i cannot digest this.

interesting point you are raising!

since this WoT and its mil-ops are not considered 'war' officially, officers and jawans who make the 'ultimate sacrifice' are not entitled to the following gallantry awards.

NH
HJ
SJ
TJ

these awards are the preserve of the soldiers who fight an 'external' enemy.

for those who lay down their lives in conflicts, skirmishes and CI ops, the armed forces bestow the following of many gallantry awards.

HBt (?)
SBt
TBt

and others.

now there is something really wrong here - is there a 'difference' in the ultimate sacrifice made by our officers and jawans in a official ;war' and the current CI ops - arnt we fighting a 'enemy of the state'?

and if there is a difference between these sacrifices, then why would the CoAS state on the occasion of the 'Youm-Shuhada' celebrated on 30th April that "the armed forces of pakistan have made more than 15,000 sacrifices in defence of the motherland and on this day we will never forget them" - so it is clear from his statement that there is 'no difference' in the ultimate sacrifice made by our officers and jawans whether it is a declared war, conflict or CI ops.

then why make the distinction when awarding these gallantry awards - is there no case to award NH/HJ/SJ/TJ to the brave souls who have laid down their lives for our nation!!!

i posted this sometimes ago but unfortunately people were either ignoring it, or didnt see it, or dont care - i dont know but this whole awarding of gallantry awards, just dosnt sit well with me - a officer or jawan gives his life in defence of his motherland, and the powers to be actually can find 'distinctions' or 'differences' in the levels of sacrifice - sorry folks! i cannot digest this.

Sir, i dont think there is any distinction between the two 'wars'. If i remember correctly i was told that a Captain has been awarded SJ or was it TJ. i have to check.

Back
Top Bottom