What's new

Pak-US divers recover valuable Pak Navy asset from seabed

jehangirhaider

Reaction score
"ISLAMABAD: A joint team of Pakistan Navy and United States Navy divers have successfully recovered a valuable piece of naval equipment from the Arabian Sea 25 miles from the coast of Pakistan.
A search mounted by the Pakistan Navy located the equipment lying on the seafloor at a depth of approximately 190-200 feet. This depth presented a technical challenge, and that was when the Pakistan Navy decided to partner with the US Navy for a combined recovery effort.
The Office of the Defence Representative to Pakistan (ODRP) at the US Embassy in Islamabad coordinated the joint mission.
“One of our key missions is providing support to the military forces of Pakistan,” said US Navy Vice Admiral Michael LeFever, the commander of the Office of the Defence Representative to Pakistan. “Therefore, when the request for assistance came in, we moved swiftly to assist where we could.”
“This team effort has resulted in the successful return of a valuable Pakistan Navy asset,” said Pakistan Navy Commodore Mukthar Khan, Commander of the Pakistan Navy Auxiliary and Mine Squadron. “The swift mission planning and excellent coordination between our two dive teams was a good example of how partner forces should work.”
With a successful recovery mission behind them, the Pakistani and American divers teams spent several additional days conducting joint training to further enhance their diving skills and the coordination of diving techniques between the respective countries."

But what type of equipment , and how that was inside the seafloor at a depth of approximately 190-200 feet?

Pak-US divers recover valuable Pak Navy asset from seabed

This was an example of very good coordination and communication. Good Job by both Pakistan and US Navies.:pakistan::usflag::cheers:

But what type of equipment , and how that was inside the seafloor at a depth of approximately 190-200 feet?

Hmmm,I'm thinking of a naval based Babur or just a fancy radar
any ideas?

Good job Pakistan Navy and US Navy. Now, my only question is: Why didn't Pakistan ask the Chinese Navy to help them? Isn't China the "best" friend?

Hey,its not like everyday that the PLA Navy shows up in the Arabian Sea.Besides,imho US and Pakistan needs all the coordination they can get (excluding nukes)

Good job Pakistan Navy and US Navy. Now, my only question is: Why didn't Pakistan ask the Chinese Navy to help them? Isn't China the "best" friend?

the Chinese Navy isn't mostly in the Arabian sea as much as US Navy so in that case i guess the Pakistanis requested for help from the Americans.

America is a good friend:usflag:, but China is the best friend:china:.

now back to topic.

so anybody have any guesses on what it is..?
i think its something historic from a war or something

Why did US ask Pakistan Army to deploy in Somalia and Bosnia because Britian is its best friend?

Because Pakistan is a good friend, but Britain is a best friend? I think the USA might feel that a Muslim army (Pakistan) might be better received and more effective in Bosnia and Somalia, than a former colonial power army (Britain). That is, the USA is not stupid and asks for help from the most capable friend it has for any given situation. Maybe, that is also why Pakistan asked for help from the US Navy rather than from the Chinese PLN.

Because Pakistan is a good friend, but Britain is a best friend? I think the USA might feel that a Muslim army (Pakistan) might be better received and more effective in Bosnia and Somalia, than a former colonial power army (Britain). That is, the USA is not stupid and asks for help from the most capable friend it has for any given situation. Maybe, that is also why Pakistan asked for help from the US Navy rather than from the Chinese PLN.

you are wrong in every way, USA is a snake in the pit, you are not our FRIEND

Maybe, that is also why Pakistan asked for help from the US Navy rather than from the Chinese PLN.

Don't worry ... soon PN will exercise with PLN and transfer all the know how from this mission and then, PN will call its best pal PLN for such ops.

For now, all Americans MUST remember how Pakistanis have saved their b*tt in Somalia and now in Afghanistan. This will help all US tax payers to understand that it is a HUGE debt of gratitude which USN was trying to pay off.

PN ASSET: It could be a sub used for experimental purposes. TW, word ASSET is usually used for Strategic platforms. It could also be a USM.

Last edited:

We are on the defence forum and have open discussion. We have members from many countries including India. Indians try to derail threads and be little Pakistan all the time and snubbing them and insulting them is good. We should welcome participation from all countries and abstain from insulting comments. This is a friendly suggestion to all fellow country men/women.

bias
maybe another 's' would've helped
to be honest,using the term friend isn't exactly the most professional that we can think of,how about 'ally' for starters?

Then again,can someone dig up whats the super duper secret asset that wasn't recognized in the article.

Back
Top Bottom