What's new

Pak-China-Russia talks on Afghanistan held

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - The day-long second round of China-Pakistan-Russia Trilateral Dialogue on Afghanistan concluded in Islamabad Wednesday with the note that situation in Afghanistan, particularly in the run-up to 2014, had important bearing on regional peace and stability.
During the dialogue, the Russian delegation was led by Ambassador Zamir Kabulov, Special Representative of the President of the Russian Federation for Afghanistan, and the Chinese delegation by Huang Xilian, Deputy Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Additional Secretary (Afghanistan) Sohail Mahmood led the Pakistan side. The visiting delegations also called on the Foreign Secretary.
The three parties noted that the situation in Afghanistan, particularly in the run-up to 2014, had important bearing on regional peace and stability. They agreed to enhance mutual consultations and cooperation on the developments in this regard. The three parties reaffirmed their support for an inclusive Afghan-led and Afghan-owned reconciliation process and underlined the importance of intensified efforts in that direction.
Emphasizing the inextricable link between peace, security and development, they stressed the need for deeper engagement of the international community in the economic development of Afghanistan.
The visiting delegations noted the constructive engagement and increased high-level exchanges between Pakistan and Afghanistan and underlined the positive effect of this process on the regional environment.
In the regional context, the three parties agreed to strengthen the role of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) on Afghanistan. Russian and Pakistani delegations expressed their support to China’s hosting of the Ministerial meeting of Istanbul Process in Tianjin city in 2014.
It was agreed to hold the next round of Trilateral Dialogue in Moscow in the first half of 2014. The first session had taken place in Beijing in April 2013.

Pak-China-Russia talks on Afghanistan held

No representative from India?

I thought India was quite eager to pick up where the Americans left post 2014?

It's all about Afghanistan, so how come it wasn't included in the talks? That's funny! Countries are making grandiose plans without the main actor! Jeeez! :sarcastic:

It's all about Afghanistan, so how come it wasn't included in the talks? That's funny! Countries are making grandiose plans without the main actor! Jeeez! :sarcastic:
india ka koi kaam ni ha .. Na hi india kuch kar sakta ha ? :D

vague talk, be specific, if some plan of action is reached !

Talks without reaching any definite course of action ultimately leading to further talks...

I don't understand what Russias role is in the talks. Pakistan has never had a cosy relationship with Russia.

I don't understand what Russias role is in the talks. Pakistan has never had a cosy relationship with Russia.
it takes more then the text books, you are reading these days!
RUSSIA, CHINA are the key players in the world, just look what they did in SIRYA, all of the dam NATO support, all the backing of UK, US fadded away,& ASAD standing tall?

Same way how David Patreaus used to visit Dehli on Strategic Talks on Pakistan- Afghanistan where occasionally Afghans used to participate but was no representation of Pakistan?:rofl:

That was last century now we have Drastically improved our relations with them.........In the Regional Scenario right now Pak is on top and it is choosing what the Future of this region will be...Which is very very good.

Slowly and gradually we r heading on recovery stages from this decade long WOT. This will be a guarantee for our Bright Future as a Supreme Regional power.

No representative from India?

I thought India was quite eager to pick up where the Americans left post 2014?

India is already engaged with Indo-USA, Indo-Russia and Indo-China dialogues on Afghan issue at bilateral grounds.

@haviZsultan .... I think you are ignoring the most important part of this development, i.e. involvement of China and active role of SCO on regional issues.....

In the regional context, the three parties agreed to strengthen the role of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) on Afghanistan. Russian and Pakistani delegations expressed their support to China’s hosting of the Ministerial meeting of Istanbul Process in Tianjin city in 2014.

I wish to see brotherly relations between Pakistan & Afghanistan...if only Afghans have brain they should join hands with Pakistan instead of inviting enemies of Pakistan to use their beautiful country as a terrorism launch pad against Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom