What's new

Osprey Sparks Indian Interest. Again.

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
Photolibrary-osprey-5-highres-3300x1856.jpg

Just did a tour of Boeing's Philadelphia rotorcraft facility where part of the V-22 Osprey is built (the rest is built at Arlington, Texas by Bell Helicopter). Mike Rolecki, director of the programme, says the Indian government has been given a couple of introductory presentations on the programme and system, and that Bell-Boeing was awaiting guidance on any concrete requirement (nobody's holding their breaths). Boeing, which says it hopes to wrap up the first international sale of V-22s by the end of this year, believes the V-22 could serve in a variety of roles with the Indian forces. Will update this post later tonight. Leaving for Seattle in an hour where I'll be filming the Indian P-8I and some other kit.

Livefist

This aircraft has numerous problems that still haven;t been rectified for the US military yet India is interested. Tell me who the f-k is in charge of acquistions? Do these ppl read? Are they really that f-king stupid?

useless plane for any navy in this world... outdated concept.... even for US navy.

i have seen the aircraft in person, flying low for the air show in toronto last year.

here is a pic i took from my cell.
its a very versatile aircraft, i must say!

69jp14.jpg

useless plane for any navy in this world... outdated concept.... even for US navy.

No, it's perfect for rapid troops deployment and such operations.Yet priced exorbitantly high for it's intended purpose.

No, it's perfect for rapid troops deployment and such operations.Yet priced exorbitantly high for it's intended purpose.

It has so many problems.....It was highlighted in COngressional reports for crashes that killed many troops. The cost is the defining factor.

India should stop trolling western defense industry like this...
First complete the MMRCA then talk of buying anything else.

THe terms called "Planning ahead"

i know it may sound like an alien concept to Pakistanis.Never too late to learn.

Enlighten us as to what led u to this conclusion,we clearly don't see it tht way..(although the price i s definitely an issue)
would like to know what alternatives u have in mind.

It has so many problems.....It was highlighted in COngressional reports for crashes that killed many troops. The cost is the defining factor.

THe craft needs an improved fly by wire system,America is known to test its prototypes in active roles ..

it has only one major crash with loss of 22 marine lives.
Was indeed unfortunate ,but history is littered with misfortune.

^^^ There is a difference in palnning ahead and ..Just keep planning for being in media spotlight and then when it comes to buying,,,chicken away...

THe terms called "Planning ahead"

i know it may sound like an alien concept to Pakistanis.Never too late to learn.

Enlighten us as to what led u to this conclusion,we clearly don't see it tht way..(although the price i s definitely an issue)
would like to what alternatives u have in mind.

THe craft needs an improved fly by wire system,America is known to test its prototypes in active roles ..

it has only one major crash with loss of 22 marine lives.
Was indeed unfortunate ,but history is littered with misfortune.

This particular craft is the USA;s tejas, significant cost overuns with flawed results. The project was almost closed recently, and has been on the chopping block for sometime. There has been more than one crash. I dont understand why we would go for a system that is not yet proven? The concept is not bad basically a heli/plane hybrid but is fraught with problems that seem to have no viable solutions yet.

i often troll car dealers.. before buying car :D

Jali jali oo teri jali jal gayyiiii....Dude you are Jealous....as on one hand American Defence companies are dancing on our tune and on the other hand they simply ask you to Buss off whenever you request for F 16 or any other defence equipments......

Btw you know what is the biggest difference Indo-U.S and Pak-U.S.......When it comes to
Indo-U.S relation its we the buyer who decide wether we want to buy that from them or not....
no matter wether defence equipment or Nuclear Plant...Its Indians who make the final decission and on the other hand when it comes to pakistan its America who makes the final wether they want to sell that product to you or not.....

On Topic- think we should procure this for Marcos and NSG.....

Back
Top Bottom