What's new

Opposing Permanent seat for India

China does have a permanent seat and I can question India's human right record. This is a free forum no? As India has commit herself to being a liberal democracy with adherence to those rights, it can be presumed that she is campaigning on those grounds. If India doesn't herself fulfill those values to which her citizens like you criticize others for, there is little merit in the proposal as a whole.

It was about a month ago they ran a piece on CBC news where it reported over 300 Kashmiri Muslims have been killed by Indian security forces, this includes woman and children. The world hasn't forgotten, Shame!

(two can play this game buddy)

everything that takes place in India is covered by media UNLIKE china. that's why you hear every story from toilets to trillion $ economy.

whatever happen in china remains in china. sad but true.

I think this UN security council business is all hyped up from the cold war era, these days nobody takes notice of UN resolutions take a look at Iran, Burma and North Korea for example.

@ CS
Sadly, the lack of understanding and communication is to be blamed. But keep in mind that such stereotypes about each other have festered over decades and will take even more to rectify.
Forums such as these are a double edged sword where incorrect views are further propagated but saner voices also put forth their opinions. Highly respected members (you being one) are definitely helping clear out confusions and ignorant views on china and its people. There are some indian members who reciprocate as well.
Time will tell if trolls last or the sane minds on PDF

everything that takes place in India is covered by media UNLIKE china. that's why you hear every story from toilets to trillion $ economy.

whatever happen in china remains in china. sad but true.

Finish reading the thread *sigh*

@CS... you better retract your original comment or post a clarification addendum... else everyone will be posting a comment after reading your post.

Sadly, the lack of understanding and communication is to be blamed. But keep in mind that such stereotypes about each other have festered over decades and will take even more to rectify.
Forums such as these are a double edged sword where incorrect views are further propagated but saner voices also put forth their opinions. Highly respected members (you being one) are definitely helping clear out confusions and ignorant views on china and its people. There are some indian members who reciprocate as well.
Time will tell if trolls last or the sane minds on PDF

And here I was hoping you had an easy answer, but you're right, there's nothing for it but dialogue (the useful kind)

@CS... you better retract your original comment or post a clarification addendum... else everyone will be posting a comment after reading your post.

lol I suppose I should... but they'll figure it out eventually.

I only responded to your post regarding human rights. :)

since you mentioned about killing Muslims in Kashmir, just want to tell you that it happens in china too.

I think this UN security council business is all hyped up from the cold war era, these days nobody takes notice of UN resolutions take a look at Iran, Burma and North Korea for example.

OIC should the organization for muslim countries going forward. UN would continue to loose strength since majority of the UN resolutions favor non-muslim countries.

OIC should the organization for muslim countries going forward. UN would continue to loose strength since majority of the UN resolutions favor non-muslim countries.

I think the whole concept of the UN is flawed considering there is not a single African nation in the P5 while the UN has the most peacekeeping missions in the region as well as the most conflicts.

The G20 is now the new bloc where all the major players get together to discuss global issues so what is the point in the UN apart from peacekeeping? the whole point the UN was setup in the first place was to prevent wars on that basis it has failed it's purpose.

Last edited:
wow......2 whole pages of discussion here based on my comments in another thread and I didn't even know.... guys...you should have invited me to the party.

Cardsharp....congrats on selectively copying my comments and spinning them to make me look like a hypocritical racist Indian.... you should work in PR.

I am not even going to bother justifying myself, it will just take this thread off topic. I am sure that the members of this forum are smart enough to go to the actual thread and understand the context and meaning of my comments.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/79955-china-does-again.html

As for the discussion here..... I agree perfectly with my Pakistani colleague who started this thread. Any country with at least one case of human rights violation does not deserve a security council seat of any type....

but then.....we won't have a security council.

Hmmm you know what......Lets face Reality

No matter how many reasons our friends across the border come up with over the next few years to deny India a permanent seat, it won't make any difference whatsoever. India will eventually get a permanent seat, not because we are perfect or we value human rights or anything of that sort. It's simply because we are getting too big to ignore. Once a country reaches a certain economic and military level, everything else will cease to matter.

America is the world biggest hypocrite when it comes to ethics and morals.....whose gonna question them???..... thats right...no one.... except probably guys like Hugo Chavez and Ahmedinajadh.....who anyway will probably soon join the likes of Saddam Hussein .

But of course till India gets it little permanent security council seat, we can all go on having these discussions.......simply cause it is turning out to be so much fun.

USSR & China had terrible human rights records on the 70, 80 & possibly 90's.

Till the 60's Non whites were discriminated against in US. France in the same period was cracking down in its N African territories.

All this while these nations were members of the UNSC.

Can we look for another line of argument ?

That's was then and we are talking about NOW. Back then the West did not come up with a tool called "Human Rights abuse" to give other countries a hard time so USSR, CHINA, FRANCE, UK and USA all were qualified for permanent U.N. seat. However, now the qualification for a permanent U.N. seat requires a good human rights record and India ranks right on the bottom of the list.

That's was then and we are talking about NOW. Back then the West did not come up with a tool called "Human Rights abuse" to give other countries a hard time so USSR, CHINA, FRANCE, UK and USA all were qualified for permanent U.N. seat. However, now the qualification for a permanent U.N. seat requires a good human rights record and India ranks right on the bottom of the list.

:blah::blah::blah:

Back
Top Bottom