What's new

Oman to provide $45m for Gwadar airport

ok agreed; but we cant expect one to bless us with a whole airport; but building a proper one is a need of the hour......nonetheless a descent building could have been built compared to this

gwadar3.jpg

the cost of construction in Pakistan is cheap as labor is cheap

every penny counts....even if it was 45 million where did it vanish ???

dont you find it shocking that no proof of investment can be seen !!!!!

Dude, the money was for Gwadar Airport, not just for "AIRPORT TERMINAL BUILDING" .....

Do you have any idea how much a 10,000 Feet Runway and miles and miles of Concrete Taxi Tracks cost.. :hitwall:

Dude, the money was for Gwadar Airport, not just for "AIRPORT TERMINAL BUILDING" .....

Do you have any idea how much a 10,000 Feet Runway and miles and miles of Concrete Taxi Tracks cost.. :hitwall:

sir; the wiki states that....the airport was inaugurated in 1984 and there is only one track !!!!

the vip lounge came into existence in 2008 !!! (note the gap)

Gwadar International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a concrete runway would cost from 750K to 10s of millions or may be even billions depends on the grade of the runway too

as a new airport is on the cards too...........hence im not suggesting one to spend billions here...this money was supposed to be spent for the upgrade of the current one....

pictures are there for reference......please look at it....its disheartening !!!,

IMO the airport project should now be a mega project and should be executed ASAP

Its one of these renders

gwadar_dec7.jpg

pakistan_gwadar_terminal_fr.jpg

yes sir i have seen them.....its the first one

this is not what we need.....we need something more immense !!!!

its a port city that lies on the mouth of a busy area....it needs to be huge ! not the size of a railway station !!! :(

its a port city that lies on the mouth of a busy area....it needs to be huge ! not the size of a railway station !!! :(

I like the airport. Gwadar is not a big city yet. Its population is still less than a million In the future they can extend its terminal area on the sides or build more of the same terminals beside each other like Dubai

I like the airport. Gwadar is not a big city yet. Its population is still less than a million In the future they can extend its terminal area on the sides or build more of the same terminals beside each other like Dubai

yes you are right to an extent....my post may be a bit misleading :lol: .... but im talking about some thing that can accommodate like 10 aircrafts...as this is set to get busy in no time :)

She further added that Oman
had sought assistance from
Pakistan Railways for
construction of Railways in
Oman. “Pakistan will provide assistance in planning,
designing, consultancy
services, construction and
operation of railways, etc,”
she maintained.
Is Pak railway that awesome?

Gwader population is just 85,000. Still a long way to go.

sir; the wiki states that....the airport was inaugurated in 1984 and there is only one track !!!!

the vip lounge came into existence in 2008 !!! (note the gap)

Gwadar International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a concrete runway would cost from 750K to 10s of millions or may be even billions depends on the grade of the runway too

as a new airport is on the cards too...........hence im not suggesting one to spend billions here...this money was supposed to be spent for the upgrade of the current one....

pictures are there for reference......please look at it....its disheartening !!!,

IMO the airport project should now be a mega project and should be executed ASAP

Don't worry, modern airports are build to be expanded later on. New Gwader airport will be completed this year, this is official render

pakistan_gwadar_terminal_fr.jpg

This is old airport, i wonder what will happen to it after new airport is completed? I hope buildings can be put to good use.

Look much much better then previous renders, this is final design? When do you think it will be completed?

Not sure. Its from 2013. Currently they are building basic infrastructure like roads, fencing, pipelines, etc

There should be a consistent theme for architecture in the city Mediterranean vibe will work great---Pool-Palms.

Back
Top Bottom