What's new

Officials: Car bomb near Iraq church kills at least 17

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Officials: Car bomb near Iraq church kills at least 17 | Maan News Agency

BAGHDAD (AFP) -- A car bomb targeted a church in the Iraqi capital Wednesday as worshipers left after Christmas Mass, killing at least 17 people, most of them Christians, security officials said.

The blast in the Dura area of south Baghdad also wounded at least 34 people, the sources said.

"The attack targeted the church, and most of the martyrs are Christians," a police colonel told AFP.

The attack on St. John church occurred when worshipers were leaving "after attending Christmas Mass" he said.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

"Attacks distort the image of Islam and religion, if they are carrying them out in the name of religion," Monsignor Pios Cacha of Baghdad's St. Joseph church told AFP.

"The church is a place of love and peace, and not for wars," Cacha said.

RIP :angry: ...whoever is behind this why do you justify killing your own country people...why....

RIP to the dead...In Iraq there is not much distinguishing between religions....

I had 2 Iraqis telling me almost anyone (irrespective of faith) goes to Church on Christmas and anyone (irrespective of faith) goes to masjids for Eid just to take part ...usually either to witness the celebrations or to just enjoy as an outing...Not sure how true it is....Killing anyone is still bad :(

They want to bring everybody down with them...these people really need to move past this mentality whoever is behind this.
Hope your convinced now that killing them is indeed good.

Hope your convinced now that killing them is indeed good.

I was always for necessary action for people of any kind, Shia militant, Sunni militant in Iraq that pose imminent threats but never was for anything being exploited.

Like how Egypt is exploiting the situation and fabricating stories and allegations against the MB and Hamas like they have today.

Back
Top Bottom