What's new

Obama fails to mention Pakistan, causing controversy

When will India come out of banking on petty statements for solace for a bruised ego.

India wants internal politics on the cost of such statements which BTW does not affect Pakistan in anyway. It would have been just another statement.
hmmm...... never expected a journalist talks like this... they are the heads of state. they are the decision makers and define the market sentiments. if he criticizes pakistan for sponsoring terrorism, who would like to do investment in pakistan?? what will happen to expatriate living in US and other countries?? what about the image deficit ?? it always has long term implications.

When will India come out of banking on petty statements for solace for a bruised ego.

India wants internal politics on the cost of such statements which BTW does not affect Pakistan in anyway. It would have been just another statement.

last time cameron created the shock waves of more than 8 Richter scale in pakistan:D:D:D

Is he the president of Unitied states or sales man of state department?? I am confused. We critisize zarding for doing business while on political trips..

last time cameron created the shock waves of more than 8 Richter scale in pakistan

Which were paid back by closing the supply lines for two weeks!

strengthening economic alliances, and giving India its earned recognition as an emerging global superpower.
Excuse me but India is not even a significant regional player as of now. Chinese have been stepping on your tail every now and then. Another case of wet dreams and clever play of words..All the indians at work today were glued to internet news like some holy genesis was happening. Now every one is glued to their TV for the same..i am still wondering what the hell Obama bought along with him..its not like Pakistan where he comes to give..he has come to take from India right now! By selling at large obsolete tech and over stocked goods.

to all Indians expecting Obama to mention pakistan. i would say - just chill !

first day he lands in India and expect him to mention pakistan ?? give me a break. Isnt the fact that Obama visits India and skips pakistan, a message enough for them ? not saying that that is not expected...but its too early to make any judgement.

Obama visiting mumbai before Delhi to meet the 26/11 survivors,speaks itself.
moreover, we should no forget, Obama has his own challenges to tackle , if he mentions Pakistan...already US has a very bad reputation amongst the pakistani people...he would not do anything that will add to that...especially at a time when PA is involved in the WoT.

hmmm...... never expected a journalist talks like this... they are the heads of state. they are the decision makers and define the market sentiments. if he criticizes pakistan for sponsoring terrorism, who would like to do investment in pakistan?? what will happen to expatriate living in US and other countries?? what about the image deficit ?? it always has long term implications.

Mohan no leader no head of the state No PM etc etc can take unilateral decision. If it was the case then why would US had pentagon and other power bases within their set up.

As far as the investment is concerned it depends on the situation and on statements. The situation in Pakistan is not good in many terrorism-Hit areas once all go to normal investment will irrespective of statements.

If Obama will mention anything like this will be more diplomatic victory for us.

That mentality is an ideological defeat and why India can't get out of its Pakistan obsession and why it can't be anything more than a country that is Pakistan's rival. Superpowers aren't that petty.

Anybody who understands politics will agree that the main discussions take place behind the door.

Obama's non-mentioning of Pakistan is really no big deal.
It is a curve ball, everybody expected that he had some nasty things to say about Pakistan and hence didn't put Pakistan in his travel itinerary. You know he can't say all that and then come to Pakistan and charm us with his pearly whites.

It is interesting in that regard, it makes you think what he's thinking :D

That mentality is an ideological defeat and why India can't get out of its Pakistan obsession and why it can't be anything more than a country that is Pakistan's rival. Superpowers aren't that petty.

Technically speaking, there is a reason behind that mentality.

After 26/11, US asked India to exercise restraint and avoid a military retaliation, in lieu of which US promised to help India in bringing the terrorists to justice by pressurizing Pakistan.

So, you see, the mentality we are talking of, has a valid reason behind it.

But its OK, we can take care of it, so far as things are being handled nicely backdoor instead of doing it in the open.

It is a curve ball, everybody expected that he had some nasty things to say about Pakistan and hence didn't put Pakistan in his travel itinerary. You know he can't say all that and then come to Pakistan and charm us with his pearly whites.

It is interesting in that regard, it makes you think what he's thinking :D

I really dont think anybody expected anything from him. Now we are making up things over here.

I would like to say this (which I also just wrote in my friend Indian Jatt's thread), it is this:-

I really want Pakistan to stop cooperating with US/NATO in Afghanistan, we will see on what comes out of Obama's mouth then. :D

Technically speaking, there is a reason behind that mentality.

After 26/11, US asked India to exercise restraint and avoid a military retaliation, in,lieu of which US promised to help India in bringing the terrorists to justice by pressurizing Pakistan.

So, you see, the mentality we are talking of, has a valid reason behind it.

But its OK, we can take care of it, so far as things are being handled nicely backdoor instead of doing it in the open.

your insistence that pakistan needs to be pressurized implies that pakistan have something to gain from things like mumbai attacks?

really?

you think pakistan has something to gain from being painted as supporters of attacks on westerners, by having its name blackened in the world media? by having international pressure placed on it?

you think pakistani people want this?

just pause and think about your logic, not your reactionary sentiment

Mohan no leader no head of the state No PM etc etc can take unilateral decision. If it was the case then why would US had pentagon and other power bases within their set up.

As far as the investment is concerned it depends on the situation and on statements. The situation in Pakistan is not good in many terrorism-Hit areas once all go to normal investment will irrespective of statements.
what makes u think that investment will come, when situation gets normal
? look, these type of statement defines the situation. a person sitting in other part of world cannot know about the ground realities, they go by the government opinion. suppose i say there is a bomb, everyone will get panic, nobody gonna cross check it for sure, apart from the security agencies.

your insistence that pakistan needs to be pressurized implies that pakistan have something to gain from things like mumbai attacks?

really?

you think pakistan has something to gain from being painted as supporters of attacks on westerners, by having its name blackened in the world media? by having international pressure placed on it?

you think pakistani people want this?

just pause and think about your logic, not your reactionary sentiment

My logic !!!!

Its not my logic, its the Pakistan government who have accepted that non-state actors operating from Pakistani soil are behind 26/11.

Back
Top Bottom