What's new

Not Much Time Left for ‘Diplomatic Solution’ to Iran

jackyy

BANNED
Reaction score
Speaking today in South Korea, President Obama warned that there was little time left to resolve the ongoing dispute with Iran through diplomacy, insisting that the “window is closing” for the Iranians.

While the US and Israeli intelligence community have both agreed repeatedly that there is no Iranian nuclear weapons program, both President Obama and Israeli leaders have repeatedly threatened to attack Iran to “stop” that program, and Obama reiterated again that a military strike remains an “option.”

“Time is short. Iran must act with the seriousness and sense of urgency that this moment demands,” Obama insisted. Though the exact timetable for an attack on Iran is a matter of much speculation, US officials have mostly recently termed the period right before the US election in November the “sweet spot” for such a war.

Obama made the statement following a meeting with Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan. Erdogan is planning to visit Iran before the end of the month, and has been seen as one of the more vocal opponents of a war on the international scene.

Obama: Not Much Time Left for ‘Diplomatic Solution’ to Iran -- News from Antiwar.com

They mean it has been 'diplomatic' before?
If diplomatic means putting pressure on people,sanctions on civilian airlines,sanctions against oil exports,sanctions against buying vital medical equipment,i want to say your diplomacy sucks.Let's start the war.

Yes, yes. So what you going to do about it Hussein obama ?

If diplomatic means putting pressure on people,sanctions on civilian airlines,sanctions again oil exports,sanctions again buying vital medical equipment,i want to say your diplomacy sucks.Let's start the war.
IRGC folks are itching for a war, so i say go ahead USA, give the warriors in Tehran a excuse. These people really dont understand the determination of IRGC people.

Both countries should try to sort out issues.It will be disaster for india to loose friends

If diplomatic means putting pressure on people,sanctions on civilian airlines,sanctions against oil exports,sanctions again buying vital medical equipment,i want to say your diplomacy sucks.Let's start the war.

It means: "Obey us. Bow. Or we will invade and rape you."

I really do think Israel is going to make a go for it. Obama is so weak right now because Iraq was a failure and USA is being routed in Afghanistan (looks exactly like USA in Vietnam and Soviets in Afghanistan).

Israelis Grow Confident Strike on Iran

Its all bluff, the ONLY way israel attacks Iran if they KNOW US will join in. So far Obama is more than reluctant to be dragged in, unless of course he will be forced to, when crying Netanyahu will beg to save Israel "from Holocaust".

Its all bluff, the ONLY way israel attacks Iran if they KNOW US will join in. So far Obama is more than reluctant to be dragged in, unless of course he will be forced to, when crying Netanyahu will beg to save Israel "from Holocaust".

If israel attacks Iran the US will be forced to join and the israelis know it, so an attack seems to be a real possibility.

I hope the Iranian diplomatic apparatus finds a way out from this conflict peacefully. But if it comes to war, this nation will give martyrs for its cause, like it always did.

glory to Iran and its leaders !

So far Obama is more than reluctant to be dragged in -
I suppose that of all the people here at PDF I'm the only one to have listened to Obama address AIPAC on the subject and I noted no reluctance on his part: "I have Israel's back" is how he put it. He made it sound like the decision was already made for the U.S. and Israel to do something if the mullahs did not change course.

Furthermore, Obama advocated striking Iran when he was running for Senate years ago, and Israel didn't even enter into that conversation link. If anything, then, it is Obama pushing Israel to act, rather than the other way round.

I wonder at the Pakistanis here who support the Iranian mullahs. Do they really want Pakistan to have an aggressive terror-supporting state armed with nuclear weapons on its border? Does that make Pakistan more secure or less? If an atomic bomb goes off in a Pakistani city and has no return address won't you rue the day you supported Iran getting the bomb?

Back
Top Bottom