What's new

North Korea.

It is amazing how one lunatic rules the whole country without a question asked..even though everybody knows the truth about him...

I am living in South Korea now and not a fan of dictatorship of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. However, I also question the accuracy of Western propaganda against North Korea. No doubt that North Korea is poor country, but it also have very disciplined, smart and relatively highly educated people. The country looks always clean, orderly and civilized and the people look well-fed and well-clad, at least by Vietnamese standard, even on North Korea-bashing arcticles by Westerners. I respect Korean people on both sides of DMZ for their hard-working, very disciplined spirit which I think Vietnamese people need to learn a lot.
About the image of North Korea above. In this picture, Vietnam is in similar to North Korea. There is almost no light here, while the India part look well lit. But Vietnam is much more developed than India in electricity generation per capita.
About the genuiness of this picture. It look odd, because North America and East Asia are lit at the same time, while these regions have 12 hours difference.

To the best of my knowledge ,what the picture shows about India is true.
India's electricity production is 723.8 billion kWh (2009 est.) i.e 6th largest in the world.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html

Also,the villages in India are well electrified.
* Number of Villages (1991 Census) - 593,732
* Villages Electrified (30 May 2006) - 488,173
* Village level Electrification % - 82.2%

Another important point is electricity in many states is provided free of cost as well as with subsidy(my state Govt does this for free votes in the next elections :P)

"Several state governments in India provide electricity at subsidised rates or even free to some sections. This includes for use in agriculture and for consumption by backward classes. The subsidies are mainly as cross-subsidisation, with the other users such as industries and private consumers paying the deficit caused by the subsidised charges collected. Such measures have resulted in many of the state electricity boards becoming financially weak.

At present (2009), the price per unit of electricity in India is about Rs. 4 (8 US cents) for domestic consumers, and Rs. 9 for the commercial supply."

Electricity sector in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But yes,Indian cities do face regular power cuts during summer season ,only during the day on an average of 2-3 hrs.

Also I don't think Vietnam is very much developed compared to India in energy generation per capita ,the difference is substantial but not very wide.

153 India: 588.831 kWh per capita 2007
148 Vietnam: 715.673 kWh per capita 2007

Electricity production (per capita) (most recent) by country

Please do share ,if you have more recent sources.

@ontopic
I find this episode of the series just as informative:

The contrast between North and South Korea is like 2 different era's of time,i wish they get united someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each home also has to have a radio that can never be turned off--it's basicaly used for propoganda.

I learned that from watching a program about American defectors from the Korean war. Very interesting BTW, if someone wants i can post the video.

Please do so

Just watched the whole 14 parts of video....
Thats worse than a jail...everyone is brainwashed from the childhood..
How excited that tea girl was...

Man, you are some sadist, lay off your so-called white man mask, everyone here know where you belong, i bet you are less than 5' 5", the average height of your kind. Like a "Midget" making fun of himself in a mirror.:lol:

Lol i love it how you make an observation and then people take it as a personal insult and then start insulting you.

Calm down. It has been proven north koreans are small because their growth was stunted by lack of food.

This is so much like a prison. Communist regime with its actual philosophy is dangerous. An entire nation turned into zombies that listen to only one man, who don't talk against him, who cannot think anything other than what's being told.... this is terrible. I feel sorry for the North Korean people.

Watch how everyone worships kim jong il out of fear.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is taking his whole nation into sucide for the satisfaction of his own ego. Pity the major powers who install such bigots in place to maintain spread of their idealogical influence. Korea is an epic example of tussle between two powers..While there is no more soviet union contending the united states, their bad seeds plowed around the world contunue to reap rotten fruits spoiling life of thousands of innocent people.

Oh its not as developed as much I used to think it was. But I still like them for helping Pakistan develop those minarets that can travel upwards with nuclear patakas on the front. what are those called? love poles? err.. ?

Back
Top Bottom