What's new

Nine-year stance on avoiding war against Taliban vindicated

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CHAKWAL - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said his stance since the past nine years on avoiding war against Taliban had been vindicated, despite him being branded as ‘Taliban Khan’ by many analysts who criticised him for asserting this stance.
Addressing a party workers’ convention in Chakwal, he said a similar situation had occurred during Musharraf’s regime, when he (Imran) resisted Musharraf’s endeavors to send troops to FATA. “Musharraf called me a clean-shaved terrorist for my opposition to this move,” Khan said.
“Today I stand vindicated, Pakistan was pushed into a proxy war, making America’s war its own,” he said.
He also lambasted President Asif Ali Zardari for building a luxurious palace in Lahore, questioning Zardari’s tax returns and sources of immense wealth.
Khan announced that his party’s elections would be finalised by 16th March, following which he would celebrate the achievement with all elected office bearers at Minar-e-Pakistan along with millions of supporters.

Nine-year stance on avoiding war against Taliban vindicated | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

The stance will be completely vindicated when Khan becomes PM and grants immunity to TTP and then when Hakimullah Mehsud becomes MNA from Peshawar and Ehsanullah Ehsan becomes Pakistan's information minister.

Back
Top Bottom