What's new

Next Coach of Indian Cricket Team ?

Gandhi G in da house

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Duncan Fletcher took over from Gary Kirsten in April 2011 after India's victory in the world cup 2011 and since then the team has only gone downhill.

I realise that the form of the Indian team has been poor but it could have something to do with the coach as well , since the players told the BCCI a few days ago that Duncan Fletcher hasn't been of much help. Under Duncan Fletcher, The English Cricket team had also performed rather poorly particularly in ODIs but now under Andy Flower they are doing well.

Coach's influence is limited but i think Duncan Fletcher's poor record as a coach should not be ignored. Such a sudden drop in the team's performance since the departure of Kirsten and arrival of Duncan Fletcher can't just be a co-incidence.

Fletcher's term ends in March 2013 and in all likelihood his contract will not be renewed.

So my question is , who should be India's next coach ?

Ganguly's name has been doing the rounds but he himself is non-committal .How do you think would he fare as the coach ?

Is there anyone else in your mind, Indian or Foreigner, who can take up this role and repeat the performance of Kirsten ?

A great victory Too many CONGRATULATIONS to Pakistani team on outstanding performance:victory: beating india at home ground of kolkatha eden garden and GOD bless them for winning the whole series specially to wonderful nasir jamshed ,hafeez and son in law of india shoaib malik:pakistan:

Immature analysis.

What will a new coach do?

Will he teach people how to bowl and bat at this level?

The issue is to select players who are good test players and not IPL production. Junaid bowled well in Tests therefore he did well in all formats of the game.

New couch should be an indian (not gangoli though as he tragedy himself and been kicked out).... New captain should be kohli.... Axed players like sehwag, gambhir, rohit sharma, ishant sharma, jadeja.... And if u say that look at their previous records than i will say than bring ravi shastri, gavaskar, kapil dev, amarnath etc etc.... Previous records are just records.... Sehwag, gambhir, rohit and ishant must go.... Or else get ready to sink further below....

Immature analysis.

What will a new coach do?

Will he teach people how to bowl and bat at this level?

The issue is to select players who are good test players and not IPL production. Junaid bowled well in Tests therefore he did well in all formats of the game.

Coach matters and i explained in the first post why.

For those who can read Hindi...

पाकिस्तान से कोलकता मे मैच हारने के साथ
साथ भारत सीरिज़ भी हार गया. इस हार के बाद
ड्रेसिंग रूम में गमगीन माहौल था. मायूस बैठे
खिलाड़ी आपस मे एक दूसरे को हार का दोष दे
रहे थे. इस मायूसी मे उनके बीच क्या क्या बात
हुई, आगे पढ़िए:

रोहित: मैच के साथ साथ सीरिज़ भी हार गए
आज!
धोनी: क्या बात है.. शाबाश लड़के..
बल्लेबाज़ी तेरी कितनी भी घटिया हो,
Observation power कमाल की है!

रोहित: यार आज तो मैं खेला ही नहीं, आज
तो मुझे मत बोल. इन सबने घटिया बल्लेबाज़ी की,
इनको बोल!
सहवाग: मुँह संभाल के बात कर रोहित,
मेरी पारी ठीक थी.
गंभीर: रहने दे वीरू, हम वहीं थे. आधे रन तो तेरे
Overthrow से बन रहे थे.

सहवाग: गौती, तेरी तरह बोल्ड तो नहीं हुआ,
विकेट तो बच गई!
धोनी: बस करो यार… तुम मियाँ-
बीवी दोनों को अगले मैच से निकाल देते हैं.
तसल्ली से बाहर बैठ कर लड़ना.

सहवाग: दिल्ली मे मैच है माही, दिल्ली के लड़के
तो खेलेंगे.
धोनी: हाँ, दिल्ली के लड़के तो खेलेंगे, विराट और
ईशांत.. दिल्ली के अंकल लोग बाहर बैठेंगे.
सहवाग: ये लड़के?? (कोहली की तरफ
इशारा करते हुए) चीकू ने क्या उखाड़
लिया था आज, वाइड बॉल पर आउट हुआ.

कोहली: क्या वीरू भाई, मेरी जगह पर तो नज़र
मत डालो.. मेरी क्या ग़लती है,
पता ही नहीं था कि ये अकमल भी कैच वैच लेने
लग गया है.

जडेजा: किसी को कुछ पता नहीं था कैसे रन
बनाने हैं, मैने फालतू मे इतनी अच्छी गेंदबाज़ी की.

युवराज: साला यही दिन देखना बाकी रह
गया था कि जडेजा भी ताना मारे!

जडेजा: युवी भाई, आज मेरी तरफ से कोई
कमी नहीं थी. आज तो बनता है.
युवराज: चल भाई, तेरा दिन है आज.. जैसे
नासिर जमशेद का था.

रैना: यार ये नासिर का पता करवाओ,
इसका क्या बिगाड़ा है हमने जो हर मैच मे लेने लग
जाता है.
धोनी: क्या पता करवाना है यार, ऐसे ऐसे
गेंदबाज़ हों तो कोई भी सर चढ़ कर ले सकता है.

रहाने: कोई नहीं सर, जो हुआ सो हुआ. अगले मैच
मे देख लेंगे उनको.

धोनी: तू तो 2 मैच से देख ही रहा है, और
कितना देखेगा. अब खेलने की तैयारी कर.

चलो अब सब अपना सामान संभालो और होटल
जा कर सो जाओ. अगले मैच
की रणनीति दिल्ली जा कर बनायँगे. (भुवनेश्वर
कुमार का उठा हुआ हाथ देख कर) हाँ कुमार,
क्या हुआ?

भुवनेश्वर कुमार: सर जब से टीम मे आया हूँ, एक
बात पूछना चाहता था…
धोनी: हाँ हाँ, पूछ!

कुमार: ये पुतला किसका रखा रहता है हर ड्रेसिंग
रूम मे?

धोनी: अबे पुतला नहीं, कोच है हमारा. डंकन
फ्लेचर! :D

stephen fleming can be a good option. I think he is coach of CSK

Coach matters and i explained in the first post why.

A coach can strategise at best at this level.

If you want coaches, they should be in academies for younger players. If you think coaches can teach basics to the likes of Yuvraj, you are wrong.

Bring in more talent and polish them at the domestic level.

A coach can strategise at best at this level.

If you want coaches, they should be in academies for younger players. If you think coaches can teach basics to the likes of Yuvraj, you are wrong.

Bring in more talent and polish them at the domestic level.

This is what i love about Pakistanis. They won 2 matches against India and now they claim Indian team doesn't have talent :lol:

Yuvraj Singh has a better international record than most of your batsmen can only dream of.The T 20 that you lost against India was also because Yuvi manhandled all your bowlers.

Coach not only devises strategies but can also bring a different attitude and energy in the team which can many times be the sole difference between win and loss.

How is it that this very team was doing very well under Kirsten but has crashed under Fletcher?

How is it that the team England that was doing poorly under Fletcher is doing wonders under Flower ?

Coach's influence is limited but significant.

Back
Top Bottom