What's new

New provinces of Pakistan??

Even Mughals had provinces and their princes as Governors.

And your point of posting is ..............

I guess we have more serious problems than this.

What problems -

Security, Development = Will improve with smaller provinces / localized government
Energy = That's a federal task and no one is stopping them to do it

What else?

Improve Governance at the Central level and everything else will follow suit because its effect would be devolved to the Provinces and within the provinces to Divisions. I'm not against making Provinces...not even on ethnic or linguistic lines but I'm not sure if this is going to solve anything. I mean for example here in my own society, allegedly, a bunch of wealthy crooks got elected and yet every person I've talked to who lives here (and believe me I've talked to closer to 50) they voted for the other side, and I believe the same is going to happen in societies, cities, districts, divisions and provinces all over the country...so unless someone worth something is elected at the Centre who can hold the system accountable - Nothing is going to happen whether you create 20 provinces or 200 out of Pakistan.

It's a classic case of procrastination. All of Pakistan's problems will be solved if only...

if only we have Khilafat...
if only we move the capital to ...
if only we have more provinces ...

You are spot on,

Though i have no problems regarding creation of more provinces, but one can easily see that the core issues of education, Health, employment are never addressed, only hoo haa over non issues.

in theory smaller provinces makes local administration more fluent, less tussle between different groups and tribes of a waster area, cost effective and population friendly when it comes to (God forbit) accessing provincial administration courts/government admin office etc etc. at the moment like people from far-flung areas of Hazara belt have to travel all the way to Peshawar, poor people from deep down south Punjab have to spend nights on footpaths getting their pleas heard from provincial Emperors etc etc.

But i do appreciate the concerns raised by you as follows.

"Why stop there? Why not make every city block a province?

I am sure creating new provinces will solve all our problems!"

Musharraf’s local government system was a very good solution but we don’t have anything to do with right stuff cuz it is done by a ‘Dictator Gernail’ ‘Amreeyat’(so put by halfwits of our beloved country)

If we start creating provinces on ethnic or linguistic bases, everyone who still hasn't gotten their province will start demanding one soon....this is the scenario we are looking at:

Think of each of these ethnic groups are a province and tell me....

pakistan_baluchistan_ethnic_lg.jpg

Mind F--k right? How are you gonna manage all of that mess?

Seenay pey goli kahein gey magar Karachi province banaengey.

A muti ethnic and linguistic country like Pakistan needs many more provinces and federalism. A unitary system only works in countries where the population is homogeneous.

Seenay pey goli kahein gey magar Karachi province banaengey.

A muti ethnic and linguistic country like Pakistan needs many more provinces and federalism. A unitary system only works in countries where the population is homogeneous.

Pakistan is already federating 4 provinces and 3 territories. Any more provinces will only be made on administrative basis.
And for those idiots saying divisions or even district should get province status: who's gonna fund all those hundreds of politicians?

Under the current system the lions share goes to bigger cities while the smaller cities and towns are starved for development ... also major cities are burdened by excessive population , there is a huge pressure on resources etc etc etc .. most of all more provinces will improve administration. For eg punjab govt manages 80Million people .. so as sindh and fata ... explosive population growth cant be managed with the present structure

No yours...
bye bye .. good riddance pdf

Creating new province would reduce the ethinic tension in our country and make us united under one flag.Remember QUIDE-E-AZAM WANT US TO BE PAKISTANI FIRST AND PUNJABI,PUSHTOON,SINDHI BALOCH OR KASHMIRI AFTER IT :smokin:

New and smaller provinces, with french (semi-presidential) system would be good for Pakistan I believe. We Pakistanis deserve to directly elect our president with more than 50% majority, instead of imposed dickheads like Zardari, Musharraf, etc..

Westminster system that we have in Pakistan is more of a fraud than democracy IMO.

Creation of new provinces is a sensitive issue, especially the division of Sindh. Punjab and Balochistan each should be divided in three provinces-- Punjab into "Punjab, Waseb (Saraiki speaking areas of Punjab) and Bahawalpur (former princely state of Bahawalpur should be restored as a province)" -- Balochistan into "Bolan (Pakhtun areas of Balochistan, British Balochistan), Makran (former princely states of Kharan and Makran) and Kalat (former princely states of Kalat and Las Bela).

Chitral should be taken away from KPK and merged with GB and should be given full provincial status with a new name, karakoram (or even Balawaristan (which means high landers in local language), personally I don't see any problem with this name, unlike some others) -- Hindko speaking and Hazarewal areas should also be separated from KPK and should be give separate provincial status with the name "Hazara" -- FATA should be merged with the rest of Pakhtun majority areas of KPK to form a new province of "Khyber".

Division of Sindh is sensitive issue, I really don't know what to say -- I think Sindh should also be divided into two -- former princely state of Khairpur and any areas west (towards Balochistan) and north (towards Punjab) of it should be merged with it to form a new province in north of Sindh and named "Sukkur" -- and the remaining area in the south Sindh should be another province with the name "Hyderabad".

Azad Jammu and Kashmir should also adopt the french system of governance and should be given the SAR (special administrative region) status under Pakistan supervision, with their own directly elected president and parliament -- with a provision in Pakistan constitution that final status of Azad J&K is to be determined after the Kashmir dispute settlement with india, in accordance with the wishes of people of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, whether they want to remain as a part of Pakistan or be an independent country.

Back
Top Bottom