What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Honestly these things make me feel proud to be a Pakistani.... a country with it's economy in tatters with the worst law and order situation, plagued by terrorism suffering from crisis after crisis and yet we can still boast such mega projects. Imagine where Pakistan will be when we will have a stable economy with energy and terrorism problems solved.....

p1070235.jpg

p1070234o.jpg

p1070210i.jpg

p1070198l.jpg

p1070203w.jpg

p1070189o.jpg

Honestly these things make me feel proud to be a Pakistani.... a country with it's economy in tatters with the worst law and order situation, plagued by terrorism suffering from crisis after crisis and yet we can still boast such mega projects. Imagine where Pakistan will be when we will have a stable economy with energy and terrorism problems solved.....
Totally Agree with you my Brother these terrorism and crisis are made by external Power to Stop developing of Pakistan and Asian Countries And you know who are They:hitwall:

▲▲▲ looks like too much rain water has accumulated around the site.

That is very beautiful and solitary area. Needs to connect it with "centre of Islamabad" without later. Also a new interchange (Motorway) is also under-construction near to this new air port, good news:)

That is very beautiful and solitary area. Needs to connect it with "centre of Islamabad" without later. Also a new interchange (Motorway) is also under-construction near to this new air port, good news:)

THe airport is supposed to have only one runway, the second one is an emergency runway, like the runway 07L of Karachi airport.

So in normal operations, only one runway is supposed to be operational and used for both takeoff and landing, Islamabad does not have enough traffic that you need to operate both runways simultaneously.

Mountain made of a mole hill in this case.

How did the newspaper come to the 'arbon ropay ka nuqsan' conclusion?

Yes you seem to be right that it is meant to use only one runway and other one as Emergency, as he writes that 28 R has standard lights and cat eyes whereas 28 L doesn't have of that standard probably he doesn't know that they are two different runways, one for routine and other only for emergency purpose. But why not to have maintained minimum distance between two runways so as to convert and upgrade other side to normal standards for simultaneous use whenever required . Arbon ka nuksan is probably increase of cost due to delays.

Back
Top Bottom