What's new

New Iranian Fighter vis-a-vis AMCA/LCA

Hephaestus

Reaction score
Country
India
The Iranians have shown-off a new fighter plane which they say is eqv to a F-22 or JSF.
Experts think other wise. I'm not entirely sure what category of fighter aircraft this is or what they
are saying is tru or not.

Here is the link.

Iran's newest warplane something from 'GI Joe?' – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

My question to the more informed in this forum regarding 4++ or 5th Gen fighter aircraft's is
(Hypothetically: Say for example Iran has made this plane)
i) How does it stand vis-a-vis LCA.
ii) How does it stand vis-a-vis AMCA (with it's known specs).
iii) If true what can we learn from it?

Sorry If started this in the wrong section.

The Iranians have shown-off a new fighter plane which they say is eqv to a F-22 or JSF.
Experts think other wise. I'm not entirely sure what category of fighter aircraft this is or what they
are saying is tru or not.

Here is the link.

Iran's newest warplane something from 'GI Joe?' – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

My question to the more informed in this forum regarding 4++ or 5th Gen fighter aircraft's is
(Hypothetically: Say for example Iran has made this plane)
i) How does it stand vis-a-vis LCA.
ii) How does it stand vis-a-vis AMCA (with it's known specs).
iii) If true what can we learn from it?

Sorry If started this in the wrong section.

Not much information is available about the plane. from the video it seems a propaganda as they show an RC plane flying.

LCA took 30 years and its already a generation and a half behind modern fighters how long with AMCA take 50? stop wasting money on crap you can't build just buy it from Russia and wait the same amount of time it takes for you to develop it. Iran has a better chance of coming out with a fighter than India thats for sure.

10 bucks says Fast and LiberalAtheist are same guy !!

Santa Clara CA in the 408 what do you know about me??? nothing now just because your country can't make a 3rd generation fighter jet let alone a intermediate not even a basic jet trainer doesn't mean you can go around accusing people of being the same person vent your frustration on those rapists which have yet to face justice.

If Iran can pull this through and fly this plane, this fact will embarrass the Indians to no end. If I'm an Indian, I would head back to Bharat Rakshak with my tails between my legs.

You have a tail ? :lol:..........that explains a lot of things.

Now Roll over faithful d*g .....

10 bucks says Fast and LiberalAtheist are same guy !!

Naah...its was always clear to me that fast was a Chinese propaganda 50 cent army boy......

Santa Clara CA in the 408 what do you know about me??? nothing now just because your country can't make a 3rd generation fighter jet let alone a intermediate not even a basic jet trainer doesn't mean you can go around accusing people of being the same person vent your frustration on those rapists which have yet to face justice.

FYI, there is a larger probability of you getting raped in US rather than India :woot:

I tried for two days but couldnot find any credible information about the fighter (f-313). Heres a BBC video of fighetr in flight and statement from Iranian officials
[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21310958[/video]

It looks superficially atleast quite close to F-22 (nose, canpoy etc). It could be an attempt tp leapfrog to a fifth gen fighter but considering the fact that Iran doesnot have such an advanced aircraft manufacturing industry creates some doubts.
Experts on Iranian matters may kindly comment.

Also Western media have debunked the whole news stating it to be totally fake.

Iran's New 'Super' Stealth Fighter Jet Is Totally Fake

AP Share Print article Share on emailEmail article Comments (46) Alexander Abad-Santos 32,532 Views Feb 4, 2013 It's a made-in-Iran, "super advanced," radar "evading" military jet, prepared to unleash hell upon the regime's many enemies. "State-of-the-art technologies," Iran claimed! "Modern defense achievements," too! Only there's now one major problem: Aviation experts say this plane can't even fly.

Iran's defense minister unveiled the Qahar 313 to much fanfare on the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution this weekend, including this majestic television spot broadcast on the state news agency:

So it's basically the Beyoncé of fighter jets — a glorious achievement combining beauty and skill, fierceness and modern domination. Except here's why the Qahar 313 is more inauguration lip-sync than Super Bowl halftime show:

The cockpit is too small.

And here's one more shot with a pilot:

That seat is tiny. As The Aviationist's David Cenciotti points out, the "cockpit seems to be too small, to such an extent a normal pilot doesn’t properly fit in the ejection seat. Have you ever seen a pilot with his knees above the side borders of the cockpit and his helmet well beyond the ejection seat’s head pad?" Granted, our knowledge of fighter-plane ejection primarily comes from scenes out of Top Gun, but Cenciotti's point makes sense. The only possible explanation for this could be if Iran was raising an army of smaller than average fighter-jet pilots, but that's as ridiculous as this plane actually working.

The whole thing is pretty small.

Size matters when it comes to planes. As Foreign Policy's John Reed points out, a jet this tiny can't possibly carry the equipment needed to evade radar. Reed writes:

The jet is so small it looks like the man is sitting in a clown car, er, clown fighter. It's seriously unlikely that such an aircraft has room to carry the avionics, radars, electronic countermeasures, heat masking gear, and, most importantly for a fighter, the weapons that make modern stealth jets effective.

There's no nozzle.

Engine nozzles are important if you want to fly things or use instruments like afterburners. The "remove this tag before flight" note that the Quaher 313 is sporting doesn't exactly add up, either.

It looks like it's made out of plastic.

"Overall, the plane seems to lack the characteristic rivets, bolts all aircraft, including stealthy ones, feature. Images released so far show it as a plastic-made aircraft," writes Cenciotti.

And Iran has totally done this before.

While the jury is still out on the fakeness of Iran's alleged space monkey, it was just in late November that Iran told the world they had another "super advanced" aircraft, a super-duper awesome drone. It wasn't long after they "debuted" the drone that we found out it was a mere Photoshop job. So fibbing about its wondrous aeronautical advances is something that Iranian military officials are used to doing.

If you'd like to get more specifics on why the Qaher can't actually fly (stuff like air compression meters awaits), head on over to The Aviationist. But he and Reed do point out that perhaps this is a drone or a mock-up, which could totally be true. "Still the aircraft, manned or unmanned, as displayed on Feb. 2 will hardly take to the air unless extensive modifications are made," writes Cenciotti. Or, you know, Iran gets its hands on the latest edition of Final Cut Pro.

Iran's New 'Super' Stealth Fighter Jet Is Totally Fake - Global - The Atlantic Wire

Israeli experts say the "indigenous fighter jet" Iran presented on 2 February is nothing more than a "very sleek plastic model".

Still images and video footage released by Iranian state media reveal the Qaher 313 as having design features, including distinctive faceted edges and angles, resembling those on US stealth aircraft such as Lockheed Martin's F-22 and F-35. The new type also has large, but seemingly fixed, canards behind its cockpit, and short wings.

However, Israeli sources note the aircraft's canopy appears to be constructed of "basic plastic", and its engine air intakes are unusually small. "The whole impression is of some plastic parts pasted to an old flying platform," one says.

One Israeli expert says the Qaher 313 is also too small to be a capable fighter: "The only parts that look real are the cockpit and the ejection seat, but that is easy to show."

Video footage showing the Iranian design airborne "could easily be a radio-controlled model aircraft", the source claims. Poor-quality footage posted on the internet provides no sense of scale for the platform being flown, and also fails to show its take-off or landing.

Other design factors show "many details that are against any stealth capability", Israeli experts say, including the Qaher 313 having no visible weapons carrying capability, either internally or externally.

Iran has a history of presenting new weapon systems which are, in fact, adapted versions of older equipment. These include its Saeqeh (Thunderbolt) fighter unveiled in 2006, which was clearly a Northrop F-5 with a few new features, including a twin tail and leading-edge strakes. Tehran has also shown footage it says shows indigenous helicopters derived from its armed forces' legacy Bell AH-1 and UH-1 rotorcraft.

Israeli experts dismiss Iran's Qaher fighter claims

On the second part of your post, comparisons being made with LCA or proposed AMCA:

Iran doesnot tell the role of this plane and we donot know final specifications of AMCA, so at the moment it futile to compare what essentially are two Phantoms.

neither have yet to demonstrate the ability to make a working last generation jet, not even a basic trainer. both countries just pretending to work on an advanced fighter. iranian model looks better and bigger than indian little plastic..

If Iran can pull this through and fly this plane, this fact will embarrass the Indians to no end. If I'm an Indian, I would head back to Bharat Rakshak with my tails between my legs.

thats what we call "@SS burning"..why would India feel embarrassed???you are one of the trolls who bring India unnecessarily and whole thread go derailed..

@topic..

there isn't much info available about Iranian Fighter jet,and it is highly improbable that they will come up with a modern 5th gen jet from nowhere(which needs decades of R&D)..and it is purely bull$h!t that it is on par of F-22,if it is even on par of F-16,that would surprise me.Iran is coming up with new toys every week,it looks like Soviet policy to parade wooden replica of missiles to scare USA during Cold War..

on the other hand,LCA will inducted into IAF soon,as order is placed and work began of LCA-2.and for AMCA,we've to wait for another decade.

neither have yet to demonstrate the ability to make a working last generation jet, not even a basic trainer. both countries just pretending to work on an advanced fighter. iranian model looks better and bigger than indian little plastic..

actually,both country did.get your fact straight.Both country built their home grown jet.

These are my flags. Whatever.

Come on mate, green is good in PDF :tup:

If Iran can pull this through and fly this plane, this fact will embarrass the Indians to no end. If I'm an Indian, I would praise an Iranian effort and then head back to my workplace and work with twice the determination.

Back
Top Bottom