What's new

New Chinese "20 ton" Class Helicopter Emerges

Status
Not open for further replies.
building a prototype and that too of an already designed model and with the support of Russians.......... Interesting
Actually its like this in most medium lift helicopters worldwide. Most share some features but it doesn't mean that this is a copy. Please don't undermine the Chinese efforts where they really have worked hard.

Chinese are already making helicopter.They dont need russian designs.
But same can be said about a country that cant make a 4 gen fighter even with russian,israeli and EUs help.And claims of jointly developing a 5th gen jet............Interesting?
Sathruvinasakh was wrong in making that kind of comment. But it was wrong for you as well to post a comment on his taunts. If you are referring to that Indian Light Combat Aircraft, I think they have flown them in several air-shows and events. The aircraft has evolved a long way since 1991 and will be inducted this year.

The radars are Israeli, the engine is American whereas remaining 70-80% is the hardwork of Indian scientists. It is there for you to openly verify on the website of Aeronautical Development Agency. Please don't undermine the hard work of engineers and designers who have put their sweat and blood.

PS: Incase you feel I am being biased in favour of the Indians, I have already given a similar response to Sathruvinasakh on his negative comment regarding Chinese efforts.

Actually its like this in most medium lift helicopters worldwide. Most share some features but it doesn't mean that this is a copy. Please don't undermine the Chinese efforts where they really have worked hard.

its okay let them think that, its good for us when they underestimate us

Chinese are already making helicopter.They dont need russian designs.
Like, uhm:
The Z-8, modelled after the French Super Frelon
The Z-9, modelled after the French Dauphin
The Z-11, modelled after the French Squirrel
Or the imported as well as licence-produced Russian Mi-17/171 (some 170)?

By contrast, we Dutch, we import everything (well, except that we're partner in F-35 development)

I second that. I am tired of Indian members always trying to put Chinese indigenous projects down. For god's sake, even with all the sanctions they have managed to build some decent indigenous products like the type-99 tank and J-10 fighter.

A common accusation is about Chinese reverse engineering. So what? Everyone knows USA, UK and Russia reverse engineered German jet and rocket technology after WW2. Sometimes when starting off indeigenous program you have to reverse engineer to gain the technical expertise. I know India does JV, but chinese usually don't have that option open to them due to sanctions.

So just a word to any Indian member wishing to bash China's products: they have done what is necessary to kick start their indigenous defence programs. We are approaching the same goal in a different way. Lets give them credit where credit is due. :china:

27_143180_adb6fac367c6eec.jpg

I am sure that once it being launched Pakistan might place a big order for that too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom