What's new

Network Centric Warfare | A New dimension for Pakistan Defense Forces.

two guys connect their laptops with each other through a LAN Cable to Play Counter strike. NCW is connecting all computers in Pakistan with One Computer so a Guy sitting in Rawalpindi would know in seconds what is happening at Balochistan, Rajasthan border, Lahore Border etc etc instead of taking it hours or days to gather info
And that Guy is Army Chief

You sir, just saw the behind the curtains scene.
The actual problem started when started C4I acting like a big brother of all, they were presenting solutions you the problem, developing non complex projects etc, so more projects were landed at their head. What was not recognized was that C4I was outsourcing the projects rather then inhouse..... So when more projects of Classified nature landed at their hand, they started to show their real face.....

It will take sometime but hopefully we will get better

In simple words, Kam sar sai utar kar phenk rahai thai. They need to start trusting civilians by adopting american model of civilian contractors. I'm basing my hopes on PAF in house custom solution. CARE and it's related entities are spearheading the project and known to deliver solution . Check out their website. PAF inhouse solution would be customized easily for army needs.

And that Guy is Army Chief

Everyone. Political plus Armed forces leadership in one room exactly knows what is happening at Wahga border and it's surrounding areas in a matter of seconds instead of minutes and hours.

The Indian Army has developed an indigenous basic net centric capability that begins with the soldier on the ground and goes on to advanced terrestrial and space based net centric capability.

A completely indigenous simple hand held component, the “SATHI” (Situation Awareness and Tactical Handheld Information) project BETA. SATHI is a strong portable combat information system providing a Common Operating Picture (COP) to the infantry soldier and his team on the ground.

In addition, the equipment also has the ability to connect to an external long range radio to provide the battlefield picture to senior commanders. There is an integrated GPS and radio, a customised Geographical Information System (GIS), dynamic wireless LAN and user friendly battlefield application.

A very important component is the Software Defined Radio (SDR) which forms the core of a true ad-hoc network, tactical in nature and robust on the front lines. The device communicates with hopping functionality to relay the information to HQs, which is a crucial operational requirement in a counter-insurgency or conventional environment where infrastructure is virtually non-existent.

The GIS application can be used in friend-foe identification, target marking and coordination of team activities, particularly at company level and below. The SMS and texting feature is innovative and helps in team communication.

The weight of the equipment is about 875 grams which is acceptable but has scope for improvement and comes with a solar charger and batteries capable of sustaining 24 hour operations. The operating system is Linux, open source software, which not only brings the cost down substantially as compared to proprietary software, but is also more secure as access to source code is not an issue.

SATHI can be used in collaboration with hand held thermal imagers (HHTI), night vision devices (NVDs), unattended ground sensors (UGS) and radios, which could be very effective in counter insurgency and border management operations to provide real time common information and strengthen the surveillance grid.

The Army will will soon be equipped with this system starting from the fighting arms (infantry, Armour, artillery, engineers, as well as AD)

In simple words, Kam sar sai utar kar phenk rahai thai. I'm basing my hopes on PAF in house custom solution. CARE and it's related entities are spearheading the project and known to deliver solution . Check out their website. PAF inhouse solution would be customized easily for army needs.

Everyone. Political plus Armed forces leadership in one room exactly knows what is happening at Wahga border and it's surrounding areas in a matter of seconds instead of minutes and hours.
But How they do I mean some I don't computers will be used on borders during fights so how they get updated front guys send information to let say Lahore Headquarters and they update it on computer

In simple words, Kam sar sai utar kar phenk rahai thai. I'm basing my hopes on PAF in house custom solution. CARE and it's related entities are spearheading the project and known to deliver solution . Check out their website. PAF inhouse solution would be customized easily for army needs.
If you read the thesis above - it states that one of the requirements for NCW is the Culture adoption, , and for Cultural change, that has to come from the top, if Top Leadership is showing least interest in the subject then it will be hard to achieve the target.

Our current need of the hour is Satellite Communication ( SAT) , Supercomputer for all the processing and Hardware Firewalls, only then we can thin about going online.....Currently there is very strict rule of making any PC Online, everything must and has to stay offline.....

( i better shut up now :D )

If you read the thesis above - it states that one of the requirements for NCW is the Culture adoption, , and for Cultural change, that has to come from the top, if Top Leadership is showing least interest in the subject then it will be hard to achieve the target.

Our current need of the hour is Satellite Communication ( SAT) , Supercomputer for all the processing and Hardware Firewalls, only then we can thin about going online.....Currently there is very strict rule of making any PC Online, everything must and has to stay offline.....

Yes Sir we need to equip our Armed Forces and Intelligence agencies with Super Computers and also set up Camera in whole off Pakistan and give access to our Agencies as for this network I don't know think in modern times we have any other choice other than to accept these systems now

Soldiers will be carrying Radio's, Tanks will be carrying radios, UAV will be carrying radios. All these radios are co
But How they do I mean some I don't computers will be used on borders during fights so how they get updated front guys send information to let say Lahore Headquarters and they update it on computer

Soldier radio's , cars, tanks, UAV all have wireless chips in them which sends information about their position and what is going on with them back to local HQ. Like your laptop and home router connected with each other. While Military grade wireless have more range. Local HQ are connected with with Rawalpindi HQ through Fiber optics. Fiber optics send info with an approx speed of light. So info comes to Local HQ computers which are connected with Rawalpindi HQ gets updated in matter of seconds

This bit of Info is already discussed on forum :D The cyber attack on SPD servers last year (?) when even phone lines were disconnected to GHQ. There are no lan ports or modems in PC's even.

Network security is one forte where our armed forces are not proficient. Cisco, Juniper hardware firewalls are big NO, NO after snowden revelations. Huawei is a safe bet. Chinese can give us a tip or two in securing our military grade data links and networks

Armed forces need to bring on board Pak cyber army hackers by any means necessary for securing networks and doing Network penetration testing.

Soldiers will be carrying Radio's, Tanks will be carrying radios, UAV will be carrying radios. All these radios are co

Soldier radio's , cars, tanks, UAV all have wireless chips in them which sends information about their position and what is going on with them back to local HQ. Like your laptop and home router connected with each other. While Military grade wireless have more range. Local HQ are connected with with Rawalpindi HQ through Fiber optics. Fiber optics send info with an approx speed of light. So info comes to Local HQ computers which are connected with Rawalpindi HQ gets updated in matter of seconds
Okay now that's some serious stuff man for this we would need some really expensive equipment can we afford that in our current budget ?

@Stealth l Amazing work brother, power to you.

@balixd l Pls inbox me ;)

Ya after our detailed discussion you seriously boost me .. .. i was actually though to stop working on iFW before our debate ;)

Look @ that piece and now this one ;)

Hey Stealth! Are these your creations? If so, then....:tup::tup::tup:

Ya of-course A - Z designed by me and by the way its RESPONSIVE for Mobile version as well take a look here ;)

Mobil_e.jpg

Okay now that's some serious stuff man for this we would need some really expensive equipment can we afford that in our current budget ?

Yes, we have been purchasing such equipments and stuff from China and turkey

@Stealth PAF kai commad room waali tasveer ghussayr kisi poster mai :D

Back
Top Bottom