Netanyahu and Putin to get direct and secure hotline

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Netanyahu and Putin to get direct and secure hotline - Israel News, Ynetnews

Netanyahu and Putin to get direct and secure hotline
Move comes as Russia seeks new allies in wake of crisis with West over annexation of Crimea.

Itamar Eichner

Published: 06.01.14, 14:47 / Israel News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin have upgraded their relationship, with an agreement that the two leaders will be connected by a special hotline between their two bureaus.

The decision, which comes even as ties between Russia and Israel's major ally the US sink even lower, was announced Friday by Moscow.

"The Russian government has decided to accept the proposal from Russian security service, in conjunction with the Russian Foreign Ministry, to set up a secure line that will allow a direct and encrypted connection between Russian President Vladimir Putin and the residence of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," the country said in a statement.

The decision means the immediate commencement of negotiations between Russia and Israel to set up the direct line between the two leaders.

Russia has secure telephone lines with leaders in various countries around the world. The first was set up in 1963, between Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev and US President John F. Kennedy, in the wake of the Cuban missile crisis. In 1966, the Soviets also launched a similar hotline with France, at the time led by President Charles de Gaulle. Moscow went on to set up further direct lines with Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy and South Korea.

Russia expert Alex Tentzer says the move aims to allow Russia and Israel to converse on sensitive issues that impact on both nations without any intervention by the United States. Israeli and American leaders also have a direct line.

"Russia feels very close to the Israeli leadership," says Tentzer. "The Russians want to speak to Israel without anyone eavesdropping – in particular the US."

The establishment of the line also has ties to ongoing events in Ukraine, in which Russia came under fierce international criticism for its annexation of Crimea. Israel is one of the few countries that did not condemn the move by Moscow, a decision that in turn was criticized by Washington.

Israeli's make it appear as if they want to go their own ways and be more flexible about the relationship with the United States yet keep begging the US for another almost $900 million in additional military aid for 2015. So that makes it around $4.3 billion in one year not to mention extra munitions supplies. Israelis want the best of both worlds yet look at the comment section you see their bravado about leaving the US relationship. Yet they start going nuts if Americans ever consider ending aid to Israel.

And for Iranians here who actually believe this Russia has anything to do with your policy this is another reminder of who they are. They will no doubt inform Israel on any weapons shipments to Syria, Iran, or Lebanon.

Russia will most probably provide the blue prints as well as the counter measures, but unofficially in all probability.

Russia will most probably provide the blue prints as well as the counter measures, but unofficially in all probability.

Of course they will like they have been for decades now.

Good. This is yet another blow to American hegemonic attempts to unilaterally and illegally sanction Russia.

In what way? Do you think America will respond to this in any way?

In what way? Do you think America will respond to this in any way?

Israel's refusal to condemn Russia over Ukraine shows that they will not join an America's attempts to unilaterally and illegally sanction Russia.

Thus another blow to American hegemony.

Israel's refusal to condemn Russia over Ukraine shows that they will not join an America's attempts to unilaterally and illegally sanction Russia.

Israel want's Russia to cooperate when it comes to Middle Eastern affairs and they want to get as many allies as they can. Their refusal has nothing to do with their actual opinion on Ukraine. It's not a blow at all. America should end this relationship once and for all, and then wipe Israel, China and Russia off the face of the earth in 24 hours.

If Israel is so against the 'American hegemony' then why the **** are they begging for $4 billion plus annual military aid?

America should end this relationship once and for all, and then wipe Israel, China and Russia off the face of the earth in 24 hours.

Yes I know you want to exterminate us, you mention this all the time.

The irony is that it's actually your own country America who has killed more innocent Muslims in the past decade than anyone else.

In the past decade, America has invaded three separate Muslim nations, and murdered over a million innocent Muslims in the Iraq War alone, based on lies of WMD.

And yet you live in America, pay taxes directly into the American war machine, strengthen their economy every time you buy anything, even your weekly groceries. It is you and other Americans who are directly supporting this genocide, nothing to do with us.

Last edited:
Yes I know you want to exterminate us, you mention this all the time.

The irony is that it's actually your own country America who has killed more innocent Muslims in the past decade than anyone else.

In the past decade, America has invaded three separate Muslim nations, and murdered over a million innocent Muslims in the Iraq War alone, based on lies of WMD.

And yet you live in America, pay taxes directly into the American war machine, strengthen their economy every time you buy anything, even your weekly groceries. Don't blame us, blame yourself for directly supporting the American war machine in the Middle East, and their best friend Israel.

I'm trolling you since you're trolling me. Try to get the message already. :rolleyes:

You don't know who I am or what purpose I have here either. Keep the patty talk to yourself.

You guys are being hypocrites, siding with Israel when it suits you and supporting an occupation. So much for being against the NATO/Israel hegemony. You're either against them or with them. For them, we know who they are, it's no secret. But, for Russia and China this is unacceptable.

I'm trolling you since you're trolling me. Try to get the message already. :rolleyes:

You don't know who I am or what purpose I have here either. Keep the patty talk to yourself.

You guys are being hypocrites, siding with Israel when it suits you and supporting an occupation. So much for being against the NATO/Israel hegemony. You're either against them or with them. For them, we know who they are, it's no secret. But, for Russia and China this is unacceptable.

I don't care about Israel.

I am against the American global hegemony. Not the Western hegemony but the American hegemony, not NATO but America.

And by the way, it's not Russia and China who are invading the Middle East, murdering millions of of innocent Muslims across multiple invasions, based on lies like Iraq's "supposed" WMD. That would be your country America.

It's not Russia and China who are using our military and diplomatic power to give Carte Blanche to Israel's actions in the Middle East, again that is your America.

It is a bit ridiculous for you to constantly dream about wiping China and Russia off the face of the Earth, while America and their vassals are right now doing that to Muslims in the Middle East.

But feel free to continue funding America's and this Israel's actions in the Middle East with your taxes and your consumer spending in America.

Last edited:
@Hazzy997
I'm actually supportive of your idea of an all-out USA vs. Russia/China war. But not right now, okay - give us around two decades when we're ready ;).

Anyway, on topic: I've noticed that Russo-Israeli relations have improved significantly lately. And because this region works on a zero-sum basis, this improvement probably also explains why (or is caused by) the thawing relations between USA and Iran, and KSA and Iran. Some very interesting developments, for sure.

I don't care about Israel.

I am against the American global hegemony. Not the Western hegemony but the American hegemony, not NATO but America.

And by the way, it's not Russia and China who are invading the Middle East, murdering millions of of innocent Muslims across multiple invasions, based on lies like Iraq's supposed WMD's. That would be your country America.

It's not Russia and China who are using our military and diplomatic power to give Carte Blanche to Israel's actions in the Middle East, again that is your America.

It is a bit ridiculous for you to constantly dream about wiping China and Russia off the face of the Earth, while America and their vassals are right now doing that to Muslims in the Middle East.

But feel free to continue funding America's and this Israel's actions in the Middle East with your taxes and your consumer spending in America.

Russia and the US have killed more than enough Muslims together. Chechanya, Afghanistan, Syria, screwing us over in the Arab-Israeli wars. Russia may mean something to you but it doesn't to us. I'm just reminding my fellow members here not to take such a nation seriously. And not to mention the separatist issue in China. As for China, I don't hold a personal grudge against them.

Just want people here to know they can only rely on themselves. You and the US can fight your proxy war, we want nothing to do with it. We will protect our interests that matter to us.

The point is Russia isn't what it makes itself out to be. And China operates in it's own manner. I could care less about attacking China or Russia, they're all probably going to massacre each other sooner or later. I don't fund Israel in any way either and help boycott all Israeli products or programs which fund Israel.

@Hazzy997
I'm actually supportive of your idea of an all-out USA vs. Russia/China war. But not right now, okay - give us around two decades when we're ready ;).

Anyway, on topic: I've noticed that Russo-Israeli relations have improved significantly lately. And because this region works on a zero-sum basis, this improvement probably also explains why (or is caused by) the thawing relations between USA and Iran, and KSA and Iran. Some very interesting developments, for sure.

Now we can be more rational. :D

You actually made a good point here. Although I'm confused as to how this will play out. Israel wants the US unconditional support for as long as they could get it. Yet the US seems like it's trying to draw both Iran and Israel into its axis.

@Hazzy997

Dont worry about this superficial relations that Russia and China have with Jews

They will never back Jews like the US does. Once US is no longer dominant then Jews are in big trouble.

Russia and the US have killed more than enough Muslims together. Chechanya, Afghanistan, Syria, screwing us over in the Arab-Israeli wars. Russia may mean something to you but it doesn't to us. I'm just reminding my fellow members here not to take such a nation seriously. And not to mention the separatist issue in China. As for China, I don't hold a personal grudge against them.

Just want people here to know they can only rely on themselves. You and the US can fight your proxy war, we want nothing to do with it. We will protect our interests that matter to us.

The point is Russia isn't what it makes itself out to be. And China operates in it's own manner. I could care less about attacking China or Russia, they're all probably going to massacre each other sooner or later. I don't fund Israel in any way either and help boycott all Israeli products or programs which fund Israel.

Now we can be more rational. :D

You actually made a good point here. Although I'm confused as to how this will play out. Israel wants the US unconditional support for as long as they could get it. Yet the US seems like it's trying to draw both Iran and Israel into its axis.

Supporting America is the same thing as supporting Israel.

Russia matters to us, because they can and WILL help us to counterbalance against American global hegemony.

When you guys want to stop supporting America (and thus Israel) then give us a call anytime and we can work on it.

Supporting America is the same thing as supporting Israel.

Russia matters to us, because they can and WILL help us to counterbalance against American global hegemony.

When you guys want to stop supporting America (and thus Israel) then give us a call anytime and we can work on it.

You say I support America while another says I go against everything American. :lol:

For you this is about Chinese interests, for me I'm looking at it from a humane perspective. That's the difference between us.

And we don't support Israel, you do and so does Russia.

Back
Top Bottom