What's new

need suggestions for a new car!

yup bro jalandhar showroom still assuring a 6 month delivery for diesel varient..but petrol is stopped!!
jazz! dnt knw..didnt like it......verna out of 700k nd will b only able to get base model only....so no.......now mind diverted to i20 sports..or i10 grand(btw personally i dnt like it)

honda amaze??perfect in ur range and good mileage too "allegedly"

@Ayush
bro bad news...today called at local ford!both jalandhar nd amritsar showrooms they said ecosport petrol booking is shut for a year from company itself...i wonder a technical problm..
huh!!!!

even i have heard the same.. not a technical problem.. they have to clear the stocks. i also heard that problem will be there till jan-feb..
check post 3605..
First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review - Page 241
and if u can't wait-
why a hatchback??
go for the ford classic clxi.. or the amaze s.

costomers arnt satisfied....one know bought and wasnt satisfied..so..

really??that is an exception..

what about verna or jazz?? not considering them?? @danish_vij

but verna basic is above 700k and if theres affordable spares fr jazz i think its a good option.although ecosport also is a good one..

illno6.jpg

already diesel varients were recalled because of technical issue guess somethings up with petrol version too!!
http://www.dnaindia.com/money/1860481/report-972-units-of-ford-ecosport-diesel-recalled-in-india

jazz has been phased out

Last edited by a moderator:
hi dear members,
we(family) r planning to buy a new car with a budget upto 700000INR(max).........
we r interested in buying a petrol car....not going for diesel one as we dnt used car daily......(nd my dad will get 35 lt petrol per month from govt for free...if he buys a petrol version:P)
so want ur reviews for the following cars......
1 ford eco sport
images

ford-ecosport-dashboard_640x480.jpg

2 maruti sukzuki swift/swift dzire
images

images

3 hundai i20
hyundai-i20-sleek-silver.jpg

images

4 volkswagen polo
vw-polo-3-door-1.jpg

images

guys want ur review on basis of internal nd external looks, performance nd servicing nd average doesnt matter as they are all aove 14kmpl
ps : i'm already in love with eco sport but just taking last review! if u want u can add a car within same 700000INR budget thnx in advance :)

Booked an ecosport and cancelled it and booked a duster, but thinking of cancelling it too...I am confused now - I could do with some suggestion to make up my mind...not interested in a fiat because I already have a Palio and not hyundai too bcoz I have a santro too..

Need a sport version within 12.5 lakhs.

Booked an ecosport and cancelled it and booked a duster, but thinking of cancelling it too...I am confused now - I could do with some suggestion to make up my mind...not interested in a fiat because I already have a Palio and not hyundai too bcoz I have a santro too..

Need a sport version within 12.5 lakhs.

what are your requirements??

If you put aside the price, you should definetly go for a German car.

Now, i have driven, Ford, Opel, VW and Peugeuot.

And my current car is VW Golf 1.4 TSI

2012-volkswagen-golf-r.jpg

VW_Golf_1.2_TSI_Move_%28VI%29_%E2%80%93_Heckansicht,_25._August_2012,_Velbert.jpg

Have good looks, good interior with quality material. Good handling and an amazing motor.

1.4 TSI motor is simply amazing. 122 HP 200Nm Torq. Turbo opens in 1500 revs and reachs maximum torq in 2000 revs. This mades an excellent driving experience because power of the car doesn't decrease on low revs like the other cars who uses Turbo on 1.4 engines.

And ıf you are able you should definetly go for an DSG transmission which shifts the gear in 0.003 seconds.

VW_Golf_1.2_TSI_Move_%28VI%29_%E2%80%93_Heckansicht,_25._August_2012,_Velbert.jpg

Have good looks, good interior with quality material. Good handling and an amazing motor.

1.4 TSI motor is simply amazing. 122 HP 200Nm Torq. Turbo opens in 1500 revs and reachs maximum torq in 2000 revs. This mades an excellent driving experience because power of the car doesn't decrease on low revs like the other cars who uses Turbo on 1.4 engines.

And ıf you are able you should definetly go for an DSG transmission which shifts the gear in 0.003 seconds.

I doubt golf has been launched in India - we have vw polo - but that sucks.

A month ago we went to the Renault showroom determined to buy a Duster.

Tried it, was extremely disappointed with the leg space for the rear seat & the backrest for rear seats - most uncomfortable.

Ended up buying a Scala instead- a clone of the Nissan Sunny I had earlier.

Good car, no complaints . Super mileage - 21.5 Kmpl just like the Sunny.

P6oUdCn.jpg

This is one of my cars.

And easily one of my favourites. Would recommend :)

My other car is a Subaru Impreza RS, but it gets really crappy city fuel economy, in Indian conditions I imagine it'd be even worse.

My suggestion is whenever you go for some new vehicle, go for base model (unnecessary Gizmos are of no use).

Nah, do not go for base modal, ensure to get safety features, power windows and rest may or may not necessary.

NEVER buy car without safety features!!

Possibly a seven seater, diesel or petrol doesn't matter, a sport version of whichever car u can suggest..I cannot fit an innova in my garage.

for a seven seater compact car,your choice is very limited. only the ertiga,chevrolet enjoy and scorpio(is the size ok??) fit your requirements.. u can get the xuv w6 for around 13L but then it would be big.
also,as u are asking for a sport version,looks like handling and performance is your main priority,if that is the case,then the ecosport is the best car for you.. but then it is a five seater and has a huge waiting period.. whereas the duster offers the best of both worlds(space and handling),but it doesnt justify the price tag.
also,pre bookings for this car has started.. this is a nissan duster with a few changes(looks better).u may check it out-
NISSAN TERRANO
do u mind sedans??

A month ago we went to the Renault showroom determined to buy a Duster.

Tried it, was extremely disappointed with the leg space for the rear seat & the backrest for rear seats - most uncomfortable.

Ended up buying a Scala instead- a clone of the Nissan Sunny I had earlier.

Good car, no complaints . Super mileage - 21.5 Kmpl just like the Sunny.

P6oUdCn.jpg
but why two similar cars?? :what:

even i have heard the same.. not a technical problem.. they have to clear the stocks. i also heard that problem will be there till jan-feb..
check post 3605..
First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review - Page 241
and if u can't wait-
why a hatchback??
go for the ford classic clxi.. or the amaze s.

really??that is an exception..

jazz has been phased out
bro watch news about 1 lak ford cars hav been called back including figo nd classic....
nd new jazz is comming next year i guess:coffee:....
wil hav to take a test drive tour again nd will compare amaze...., i20sports, swift zxi........
anyways i guess my dad will end up bying a dezire i knw he always pressurized me for that....duh nd we r in a hurry now man will buy befor 2014.....

I doubt golf has been launched in India - we have vw polo - but that sucks.

Well, actually i was going for Polo GT at first. But Clerk said that they have run out of stocks.

polo_gt_05.jpg

VW-Polo-BlueGT-7.jpg

Polo GT has 180 HP motor combined with DSG transmission have a very very good accelaration and top speed, road handling even better than Golf.

Well, actually i was going for Polo GT at first. But Clerk said that they have run out of stocks.

polo_gt_05.jpg

VW-Polo-BlueGT-7.jpg

Polo GT has 180 HP motor combined with DSG transmission have a very very good accelaration and top speed, road handling even better than Golf.
they dont bring these to india :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom