What's new

Navy may lease Kilo-class subs from Russia

We have lot of money to afford replacements our armed forces do not ask for foreign aid :cheesy:

its not answer of my question . BTW talking abut money or show off is ghatiya for us . those whom were rich since ages don't like to show off abut money only new rich kangaals do it . its my advise to you don't say it its look cheap .

I dont see any value in leasing conventional and alomost out dated Subs from Russia...we must focus on early completion of P-75 and if possible buy couple of subs directly from DCNS if they can deliver them in very short span of time.

I dont see any value in leasing conventional and alomost out dated Subs from Russia...we must focus on early completion of P-75 and if possible buy couple of subs directly from DCNS if they can deliver them in very short span of time.

most of nation have no idea what is capability they and neta babus will think we recovered the lose . but in fact they may again fill pockets with new kickbacks .

Giving the current circumstances, we can ask French to built 3 of them parallel to our construction right?
Of course India CAN ask but the question is- will it? I'm not sure if India will though. I'd obviously be an ideal solution if the follow on 3 were built in France in PARALLEL to the 6 being built in India.

Of course India CAN ask but the question is- will it? I'm not sure if India will though. I'd obviously be an ideal solution if the follow on 3 were built in France in PARALLEL to the 6 being built in India.

I think this is the best option we have now.. Navy dont have to waste money on an older machine, there will be a follow on order anyway!!

most of nation have no idea what is capability they and neta babus will think we recovered the lose . but in fact they may again fill pockets with new kickbacks .

Imran bhai, out of many things in common abt your and my nation, you pointed out at the right thing and that is kick-backs ..may be India is far ahead ...but you know, it can’t stop common men to hope or wish the best for their country.

Just like the news of a Singaporean firm coming into to conduct salvage ops- this news is utter BS. India isn't going to lease 17 year old Kilos IMHO.

The case of the 2 Akula SSNs is an entirely different matter.......

Imran bhai, out of many things in common abt your and my nation, you pointed out at the right thing and that is kick-backs ..may be India is far ahead ...but you know, it can’t stop common men to hope or wish the best for their country.

well you are right . in fact too much corruption in SUB deals . Augusta deal was same too . but i think they should stick on new now as getting on lease kilo will never do anything . why don't india made its own conventional AIP subs ?

I think this is the best option we have now.. Navy dont have to waste money on an older machine, there will be a follow on order anyway!!

I agree but the issue will be getting a framework in place post haste that allows these 3 to be built in parrel in France. Both sides will have to agree on costs, configuration, timelines etc etc

Just like the news of a Singaporean firm coming into to conduct salvage ops- this news is utter BS. India isn't going to lease 17 year old Kilos IMHO.

Exactly that's the most likely case - another journalism gem !!!

If we have to have buy from Russians why not new Yaseen class ???

In Malayalam news it was first French, then Russian latest was a dutch company.. Our reporters know very well to confuse people...

I agree but the issue will be getting a framework in place post haste that allows these 3 to be built in parrel in France. Both sides will have to agree on costs, configuration, timelines etc etc

Cost - not an issue on follow on order.

Configuration - cant be change in follow on order or we have to pay for changes. If i am not wrong last two scorpions are supposed to come with AIP so the said changes are available and already talked though. So nit going to be a big deal

Timeline : non of our shipyards can keep better timeline ;) so doesn't matter. Say 3 years for 3 Subs.

Back
Top Bottom