What's new

Naval Market Forecast Newsletter Fleet Renewal in Full Swing

Where to read?:D In war time 1000 Attack heli will secure our land from tanks and more..........

oooooooowwwww if price is metters too much than we should stick with f-7s. 4.5 gen fighters are not cheap.

1. for tank better to use anti-tank weapons than heli, cost effective.
2. within 4.5 gen fighters there are huge price gaps
3. just type Su27SKM or SuSM2 in google

1. for tank better to use anti-tank weapons than heli, cost effective.
2. within 4.5 gen fighters there are huge price gaps
3. just type Su27SKM or SuSM2 in google

1. Thats you think bro. A skilled soldier is much more expensive then just a hardware.
2. :DHigher price means there are some thing special in it.
3. Just minor upgraded versions, dont using composits in airframe and a lot of things are obsolate. Upgrades are not become digital still in analogue. I thinks su-27 is just a big mig-29 AC not more.:what:

Bangladesh ordered 8 SU-27! when? Really bad step, we should go for Chines AC. Well, BAL in power as they are 3rd class their choice is also.......... :disagree:

Military hardware should be choise of military, not some currapted politicians who always want to grab money.:angry:

Our GOVT purchasing low quality naval arms and just increasing quantity. All of our warships are cheap, have less armament and advantages.

To become a strong naval power in bay of bangal we need high quality warships not high quantity of warships.

To be fair BD will be upgrading all the purchased frigates with FM-90 SAM, C-802 AShM, and they will all have a anti-submarine helicopter. While it would be better to go for frigates that are armed with VLS medium range missiles, those would come in at around 400 million dollars each as I presume that China would not release their best frigate(type-054A) to us at this moment in time. There is a talk of a new Chinese frigate similar to Type-054A which will be produced for export and this will be something that BD could look at purchasing down the line.

And don't forget that BD will be getting 4 of the latest Chinese Type-56 corvettes so there is a nice number of decent warships that will be coming on-line over the next couple of years.

To summarise by ~2015 BD Navy will consist of:

5 frigates that will have FM-90 SAM, Otomat Mk. II Block IV AShM;C-802 AShM and anti-submarine helicopter
4 Type-056 Corvettes that will have FM-90 SAM, C-802 SSM and anti-submarine helicopter.

OK, this is no match for India but it will be at least as powerful as the Pakistani Navy if you take out their submarines. Then maybe the air-force can then be looked at for some serious modernisation:P

To be fair BD will be upgrading all the purchased frigates with FM-90 SAM, C-802 AShM, and they will all have a anti-submarine helicopter. While it would be better to go for frigates that are armed with VLS medium range missiles, those would come in at around 400 million dollars each as I presume that China would not release their best frigate(type-054A) to us at this moment in time. There is a talk of a new Chinese frigate similar to Type-054A which will be produced for export and this will be something that BD could look at purchasing down the line.

And don't forget that BD will be getting 4 of the latest Chinese Type-56 corvettes so there is a nice number of decent warships that will be coming on-line over the next couple of years.

5 frigates that will have FM-90 SAM, Otomat Mk. II Block IV AShM;C-802 AShM and anti-submarine helicopter
4 Type-056 Corvettes that will have FM-90 SAM, C-802 SSM and anti-submarine helicopter.

OK, this is no match for India but it will be at least as powerful as the Pakistani Navy if you take out their submarines. Then maybe the air-force can then be looked at for some serious modernisation:P

bhai kisu wrong ase, according to info ,
1.in this year 5 frigates will join (2 type53 frigates , 1 UCGC , 2 south korean frigate)

so it will be 10 frigates (current 5+ new 5) :D
2. Type56 corvettes are coming with C803 AShM, not c802 AShM ;)

bhai kisu wrong ase, according to info ,
1.in this year 5 frigates will join this year (2 type53 frigates , 1 UCGC , 2 south korean frigate)

so it will be 10 frigates (current 5+ new 5) :D
2. Type56 corvettes are coming with C803 AShM, not c802 AShM ;)

2 of the older frigates will be decommissioned soon and there is no definite news on the South Korean frigates yet so I have not included them in my list. I think your number should have been 9 in total and not 10.

I stand corrected on the C803 AShM, not c802 AShM for the Type-056 corvettes;)

2 of the older frigates will be decommissioned soon and there is no definite news on the South Korean frigates yet so I have not included them in my list. I think your number should have been 9 in total and not 10.

I stand corrected on the C803 AShM, not c802 AShM for the Type-056 corvettes;)

2 older frigates will not be decommissioned until 2015-2016 so far i know and info is saying 2 under construction in South Korea ;)

2 older frigates will not be decommissioned until 2015-2016 so far i know and info is saying 2 under construction in South Korea ;)

Not only that the decommissionings will occur in 2015-2016, there is also a good possibility of more Frigate inductions by that time. About the current used Frigates from Korea, I have read somewhere similar reports, but cannot send a link, though.

What? trust me, numbers don't win you battles. 2.5k tanks for Bangladesh will be useless. Invest that money in navy and AF instead. We need to cut our cloth according to our needs.

I think our tank numbers are ok for now. In fact, some of them might prove useless in war because of our terrains. This is why we're maintaining a big number of APCs which fit well on our terrain. Other than concrete streets it'd be harder to operate MBT2000 or other heavy tanks on our terrains.

BD can never defend against a all-out invasion unless it has a nuclear deterrent:chilli:

Most of BD is unsuitable for tanks so there is no reason to purchase 1000s of tanks.

Modernised Su-27/30 will cost 50-60 million dollars per plane which have newer radars and avionics.

Yeah..one new wing Strategic Force will resolve many things which within time will once possess nuclear warheads.

We should upgrade all of our warships with latest and more armaments. Our latest warships can only carry 8 anti air and ship missile some anti sub rockets or torpedos. And I think it is not enough armament configuration.

Our Type 056 corvettes will have only 8 anti air, 4 anti ship, 6 anti sub missiles and torpedos. With no defence guns!

Do you think this is good?

I think our tank numbers are ok for now. In fact, some of them might prove useless in war because of our terrains. This is why we're maintaining a big number of APCs which fit well on our terrain. Other than concrete streets it'd be harder to operate MBT2000 or other heavy tanks on our terrains.

We should go for high quality Attack Helicopters.

We should upgrade all of our warships with latest and more armaments. Our latest warships can only carry 8 anti air and ship missile some anti sub rockets or torpedos. And I think it is not enough armament configuration.

Our Type 056 corvettes will have only 8 anti air, 4 anti ship, 6 anti sub missiles and torpedos. With no defence guns!

BD only spends around 1.5% of GDP on defence. Indian spends 2.5% and Pakistan around 3%.

Level of spending is too low to modernise to proper standards.

I think the time is right now, with the level of poverty much reduced from earlier, to gradually raise defence spending to between 2.5-3% of GDP. It is a choice that BD will have to make if it is to become a serious military power in the decades to come.

1.Type 056 corvette=8x C-803 AShM, 1× FL-3000N SAM launcher, 1× AK-176 main gun, 2 x 30mm remote weapon systems, 1 x Type 730 CIWS, 2 x 6-tube Type 3200 ASW rocket launchers & ASW Harbin Z-9E on board.
2. For light frigate , how much you want ? how you will be happy ? 1000 anti air and ship missile ?
3. BN is upgrading as much as it can, all warships can not be upgraded.

What is your threat perception to justify any increment in defense spending ??

we do not need to justify to any one while we are increasing our defense spending, its our right to modernize our forces , strengthen them as much as we can

Back
Top Bottom