What's new

National Geographic will make a Turkish Airlines Documentary

xxxKULxxx

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
It will be about all operations of Turkish Airlines....From baggages to the food, everything... 1 day of Turkish Airlines... It will be on National Geographic Channel in November 2014...

National Geographic THY'ye belgesel çekecek

thy%20belgesel1-700x350.jpg

I dont know, because you are from aviation industry maybe.

Its cool man. I know how turkish airlines operates. Most airlines are very similar in their business procedure.

Sometimes you have differences, like Air France and British Airways with their Concorde service. Unfortunately i was still a little boy when Concorde was in service. :D But i know a guy who was the person responsible for the Concorde maintenance at Airbus. He told me some stories.

Concorde was unique in her technology and design and it was a totally different world. Like a mixture of airplane and spaceship.

For example when a concorde was in hangar for engine checks and the engines were removed there was always the problem that Concorde could lose balance. He said one time all engines were removed and one guy made a mistake with the balance system and the concorde started slowly to tip backwards. They noticed and 10 guys including the fattest guy they had at work jumped into the Concorde and run into the cockpit to counter balance and stabilize her. :D

Its cool man. I know how turkish airlines operates. Most airlines are very similar in their business procedure.

Sometimes you have differences, like Air France and British Airways with their Concorde service. Unfortunately i was still a little boy when Concorde was in service. :D But i know a guy who was the person responsible for the Concorde maintenance at Airbus. He told me some stories.

Concorde was unique in her technology and design and it was a totally different world. Like a mixture of airplane and spaceship.

For example when a concorde was in hangar for engine checks and the engines were removed there was always the problem that Concorde could lose balance. He said one time all engines were removed and one guy made a mistake with the balance system and the concorde started slowly to tip backwards. They noticed and 10 guys including the fattest guy they had at work jumped into the Concorde and run into the cockpit to counter balance and stabilize her. :D
Yeah Concorde was a interesting product of technological developement but hands down, its was expensive and loud, it wouldnt survive as a commercial success anyway.
Today you need widebody aircrafts for profitability on intercontinental flights.

Yeah Concorde was a interesting product of technological developement but hands down, its was expensive and loud, it wouldnt survive as a commercial success anyway.
Today you need widebody aircrafts for profitability on intercontinental flights.

Thats a common myth. Without Concorde = no airbus.

Beside that Concorde was an incredible technological milestone. Many things we have in airplanes today were invented for Concorde.

And as a matter of fact, Concorde was incredible sucessful for their airlines.

Imagine, British airlines had a fleet of 200 airplanes...7 of those were Concorde. And those 7 Concorde generated 20% of BA profits for a 23 year time span.

Concorde was absolutly exclusive. The olymp of flying. People don´t say: I take a 747 to New York...but they said: I took Concorde...

But i believe it was this special feeling that made her profitable. If many airlines would have offered it, it would propably not be that way. But BA and AF had the monopoly on supersonic travel. That attracts the rich people in the world.

My parents took me into a Concorde to a flight to New York, when i was 3 or 4 years old. I still remember which Concorde it was. The letters on her stern were G-BOAC. That i still remember this, say evrything. :D

And yes she was incredible loud. When you boarded her it was already very loud outside, because her engiens were going on stand by...when she went into full power at take off it was incredible loud. The feeling of power can´t be told with words.

Do you know that feeling when a machine is so awesome that you ignore bad aspects about it like much noise and vibrations?

Thats Concorde :D

Always Rolls Royce engines... do you produce Jet engines ?

No, Airbus does not produce the engines themself. We get them from Rolls Royce and GE mostly.

btw, the nickname of Concorde at Airbus is "thundering diva" :D

No, Airbus does not produce the engines themself. We get them from Rolls Royce and GE mostly.

Nope mate, not as Airbus but as Germany ? I know Germany produces various motors, i want to now if you are producing also jet engines ?

Back
Top Bottom