What's new

Nano to be launched today!

Reaction score
Blazing a new trail in the automobile sector in India, Tata Motors (Q, N,C,F)* will launch its Rs one lakh small car, Tata Nano in Mumbai today.

Unveiled in January last year Nano is a 623 cc vehicle that is 3.1 metre long and has a single windshield wiper besides a small trunk.

Without air bags or antilock brakes, the car would come in different versions with higher ends having air conditioning, a radio, or power steering, with additional cost.

Tatas had to postpone the launch of the car as the originally planned manufacturing base at Singur in West Bengal fell flat after a huge initial investment following Trinamool Congress triggered protest over the land allocation issue, hitting hard the farmers.

The plant at Sanand, near Ahmedabad, is located on about 1,100 acres, and will have an initial capacity of 250,000 units, which can be expanded to up to 500,000 cars per year.

Initial production would be out of Tata Motors plants at Pantnagar in Uttranchal and Pune. The company said it will take at least a year to complete the new factory, and until then, Tata will only be able to produce a limited number of Nanos from its other car plants in India.

Though details of the production volumes have not been stated so far according to industry analysts the first year would see production of 50,000 cars as against the originally planned 250,000.

Tata Motors have also unveiled the Tata Nano Europa, a slightly more robust version of the Indian model, at the Geneva Motor Show this month, with a planned launch of 2011.

Shares of the company closed down Rs 10.7, or 6.24%, at Rs 160.90. The total volume of shares traded was 2,004,500 at the BSE (Friday).

Its a Miracle to be Unvailed..
Nice buy ( Cheaper and Economical to Maintain ) in this Time of Global Meltdown

And it has finally been unveiled. Nano is an engeneering marvel. From being the least polluting car in the small car category ready to meet Euro 4 standards, to being the most spacious and having the highest fuel efficiency in the same category, Nano has it. And to top it all it is the cheapest car in the world!.

No degree of recession is going to affect Nano selling. It is hopefully gonna be the money-maker for Tata and who knows maybe wipe off their losses.

Small car, big hopes
49b154bbc37c22a371f3ee2cce051eeb._.jpg

Visitors look on at the interior of the Tata Nano car.
435e025e118662098103085897a4af42._.jpg

Nano Europa at Geneva International Motor Show
9ad879a5c7bdd7cdbcf1adf04fefae92._.jpg

:smitten: :victory: :smitten: Victory of Indian Middle Class Dreams with profit from European MID CLASS

Will it be Launched in Pakistan ???

will i'll be fit in this Car

My height is 6ft 3" :rofl:

Will it be Launched in Pakistan ???

will i'll be fit in this Car

My height is 6ft 3" :rofl:

Maybe in the high end model with the sunroof :rofl:

But seriously, the car only has adjustable drivers seat, so if you ever end up in the car, you'll have to be in the drivers seat.
Also you guys in Pakistan have something like Maruti 800 right ? Called Mehran 800 or something ? If you can fit in that, you should fit in this one -supposedly the Cabin in the Nano is slightly bigger.

congrats to India we canadians have always admired india/china/southkorea/malaysia/japan/brazil/germeny's efforts toward's
self-reliance indeed it is the middle classes which form's the back bone of many great economies of the world in that it is a good step forward :tup:

for this car i see lot of traffic on road, Pollution and honking, road bashing etc.
A good car but i doubt it will be as sucessful as its been talked about.
A car for a 1 lack rupees. sound a good deal. never the less!
1,978 U.S $ for a car soung like a great deal.

I wish success to TATA, they are a model to follow for present and future Pakistani auto corporations.

Personally I wouldn't buy one because of safety reasons as I heard there are no airbags and it uses drum brakes.

I dont want too many cars on the road, rather have an underground tubes or trams...

Kharian its a minimalist car. i mean you cant compare it to Audi. lol will be upagainst cars like- ALto from suzuki.
Its a car for 2 wheeler users.

I wish success to TATA, they are a model to follow for present and future Pakistani auto corporations.

Personally I wouldn't buy one because of safety reasons as I heard there are no airbags and it uses drum brakes.

lol, which car in Pakistan does have an airbag???

Only Toyota 2.OD saloon which costs around RS1.6 million now and Honda Civic which is around RS1.8 million...

Kharian its a minimalist car. i mean you cant compare it to Audi. lol will be upagainst cars like- ALto from suzuki.
Its a car for 2 wheeler users.

Point taken. Though the stigma of an Indian car would be hard for sales in Pakistan but I am sure it has a good market in Europe.

lol, which car in Pakistan does have an airbag???

Only Toyota 2.OD saloon which costs around RS1.6 million now and Honda Civic which is around RS1.8 million...

Honda civic for 1.8 ????????????????? is it hybrid version because recently i got my hybrid for 1.4 m rupee. I felt liek **** to pay 42 lack for audi tt , But in pakistan it must be worst.:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom