What's new

NA-56 Rawalpindi: Imran Khan’s nomination papers accepted

Pandora

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NA-56 Rawalpindi: Imran Khan

RAWALPINID: The nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan have been accepted from NA-56 Rawalpindi.

Nomination papers of Hanif Abbasi, a Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz candidate in NA-56, have also been accepted.

A Returning Officer on Saturday (today) reserved ruling on objections to the nomination papers of Khan.

The ruling was reserved after the applicant and counsel for Khan concluded their arguments.

Sources said that the applicant was of the view that the PTI chief should record his statement in the court while Khan’s lawyer said that the cricketer-turned politician was busy.

The RO said that either Khan should provide a copy of his appeal or appear personally before Returning Officers.

This is good news for the election but the important question, which I have posed earlier, still remains. When a candidate files papers for contesting several seats, different Returning Officers can rule differently on the eligibility of the candidate. This amounts to different applications under the same law unless rejection by one RO is treated as rejection for all seats contested. What is the answer here?

This is good news for the election but the important question, which I have posed earlier, still remains. When a candidate files papers for contesting several seats, different Returning Officers can rule differently on the eligibility of the candidate. This amounts to different applications under the same law unless rejection by one RO is treated as rejection for all seats contested. What is the answer here?

I dont think that they will going to raise objections on party leaders otherwise it will get messy for EC.

so he passed article 63,64??i remember the thread other day mentioning about his habits..partiality??

I dont think that they will going to raise objections on party leaders otherwise it will get messy for EC.

So it is okay for "party leaders" to violate the laws by exemption that are applied to everyone else? Is that not patently unfair?

So it is okay for "party leaders" to violate the laws by exemption that are applied to everyone else? Is that not patently unfair?

The whole system is unfair. I was watching a TV show where hamid mir said that some people want to bring naya pakistan even before election. I would love to know whom he was referring to

Hanif Abbassi is very proud and I hope such pride falls this time . He derogates his opponents so much .

The whole system is unfair. I was watching a TV show where hamid mir said that some people want to bring naya pakistan even before election. I would love to know whom he was referring to

Dont take hamid mir seriously, he works on different agenda's assigned to him by the people who want unrest in pakistan.

Dont take hamid mir seriously, he works on different agenda's assigned to him by the people who want unrest in pakistan.

I think he was referring to military but it was just very interesting as he knows a lot of inside news.

I think he was referring to military but it was just very interesting as he knows a lot of inside news.

Military is not going to do anything at all, they didn't do anything in past 5 years when things were extremely bad.

Military is not going to do anything at all, they didn't do anything in past 5 years when things were extremely bad.

Well lets hope of fair elections otherwise no hope.

Back
Top Bottom