What's new

Musharraf granted bail in judges? detention case

batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Musharraf granted bail in judges? detention case - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD/QUETTA: The Islamabad High Court on Tuesday granted bail to former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in the judges’ detention case.

The former army strongman was directed to deposit surety bonds worth rupees 500,000.

The case was registered against Musharraf on August 11, 2009 on the complaint of a local advocate Chaudhry Mohammad Aslam Ghumman for confining over 60 judges of the superior courts after imposing an emergency on November 3, 2007. However, Ghumman had later announced that he would not pursue the case ‘in the larger public interest’.

Moreover, an anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Quetta today rejected Musharraf's bail application in the Akbar Bugti murder case.

Quetta ATC judge Mohammad Ismail Baloch also rejected Musharraf’s plea to shift the case before the ATC in Islamabad.

“Pervez Musharraf was repeatedly asked to appear before the court of law, but he failed to do so”, Sohail Rajput, Nawabzada Jamil Akbar Bugti's lawyer, told media representatives.

He said Musharraf was the prime accused in Bugti's murder case and different courts had already issued his non-bail arrest warrants in this regard. Rajput added that Musharraf’s bail application was rejected because he did not appear in person before the court.

Earlier on Monday, Musharraf's lawyer, Muhammad Ilyas, had submitted an application before ATC judge seeking bail in Nawab Bugti's case. The court had reserved its judgment on the bail application.

Nawabzada Jamil Bugti,a son of Akbar Bugti, had nominated Musharraf, former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, former interior minister Aftab Sherpao, former governor Balochistan Owais Ahmed Ghani in his father's murder.

Balochistan High Court and other subordinate courts have already issued non-bailable arrest warrants of Pervez Musharraf and Shaukat Aziz.

Bugti was killed in a cave in Chalgri area of Bhamboor hills of Dera Bugti district on August 26, 2006 during a military crackdown ordered by Musharraf who was president and army chief at the time.

In related news, Musharraf was exempted from appearing before an ATC in Rawalpindi in the Benazir Bhutto murder case.

Benazir was killed in a gun-and-bomb attack in Rawalpindi in December 2007.

long live musharaf forever, long live pakarmy forever, long live pakistan forever & ever!
down with damocrazy of pakistan!

But given non bailable charges on terrorist Bugti case..

now who in Pakistan army will feel safe fighting insurgants and terrorists after this?

well it seems our politicians have everthing sorted out already?:woot::lol:

dont wory, they hve strted mushraf as A software installed in many from kakul thsse days?;)
let them do what they can, we will going to change the history forever in the end!
just a week ago all the dam media,most of PDF hotshots from PTI were telling us he is about to make a deal & flying to dubai?
safe passege? where is it now?:lol:

musharraf is fighting those cases like a man unlike the ganja patel who ran after signing deals with saudi arabia

dear
a commando,s path allways too dangerous to follow, they do set ambushes & deadly traps?:woot:;)
for that you need a real good conection with allaha?
& with grace of allaha the almighty he is proving that with this old!
he is still a man of steel, which couldnt be broken?:victory:
"float like a butterfly, sting like a bee",

He should be confined to small chamber without bed and toilet, without light and ventilation. Scorpians and snakes should be released in his chamber during sleep times or loud music and intense flash light to devoid him of sleep...no bath and shaving facility....when his beard grows to great length , then he should be forced to wear burqa and appear on national tv...he can bear all this, he is a commando after all.

After this treatment let him escape from pakistan.

Imaan check karnai kai liye Sunny leone jesi larki ko bhe bhejna chahye is room may

Musharraf tou rangeeni key liye mashoor hey....sunny leone ko tou wo cheerr paarr key ruk daita....islam kehta he key tanhi may shaitan ajata hey jub key musharaf tou khud shaitan aur iblees hey.

@nuclearpak check posts here, someone mudslinging Jemima khan.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be confined to small chamber without bed and toilet, without light and ventilation. Scorpians and snakes should be released in his chamber during sleep times or loud music and intense flash light to devoid him of sleep...no bath and shaving facility....when his beard grows to great length , then he should be forced to wear burqa and appear on national tv...he can bear all this, he is a commando after all.

After this treatment let him escape from pakistan.

thats never happening.
he is our former president and we appreciate all he did for pakistan including killing bugti who was a bastard.

thats never happening.
he is our former president and we appreciate all he did for pakistan including killing bugti who was a bastard.

all patriots like you feel the same he is & was the only good thing ever happened to pakistan after 1971!
but bugti wasnt killed by him!
as allways described by him that how come all 4 offiers also got killed , if they killed bugti?
thats where no one hasthe answer?
but he allways denied thebugti killing!

SC, police cannot investigate army personnel, says MI

ISLAMABAD: The Military Intelligence (MI) said in the Supreme Court on Tuesday that an army man and a subject under the Army Act 1952 could not be investigated by any court, even the apex court, or police.

In its reply to an application filed by one Abida Malik requesting the Supreme Court to order production of her husband Tasif Ali alias Danish, the MI stated that neither the court or police had the jurisdiction to interfere in the matter and, therefore, the application should be dismissed.

Tasif Ali, who went missing on Nov 23, 2011, was allegedly picked up by Major Haider of the MI. The matter was reported to the Sadiqabad police station on Dec 5 last year. The Lahore High Court heard the case on March 19 this year, but dismissed it.

The MI reply filed by Advocate Raja Mohammad Ibrahim Satti rejected the allegations and said Tasif had neither been apprehended nor held by the MI. Major Haider was neither posted to the place concerned nor had any role in Tasif’s abduction.

At the last hearing on May 20, the Supreme Court had ordered police to produce Tasif Ali, especially when the Sadiqabad police had also registered a case on May 7 on the statement of Abida Malik.

The court had on May 29 also ordered former attorney general Irfan Qadir to get a report from the defence ministry and record the statement of Major Haider in one week.

Subsequently, a team of Sadiqabad police led by SHO Tanveer Javed Warraich visited Mirpur in Azad Kashmir to arrest and record the statement of Major Haider. The commander of the unit concerned called the Superintendent Police Rawalpindi in the presence of the police team and informed him that no person with the name of Major Haider had ever been posted at the set-up (MI post) and that it had no link with the abduction of Tasif Ali.

The SP was asked to approach through proper channel so that their queries could be addressed accordingly.

The MI reply said the army act was a protected law under Article 8(3 a) of the constitution and none of its provisions could be declared void being inconsistent with or in derogation of the fundamental rights.

“Therefore the application filed by Abida Malik is not maintainable under Article 184(3) of the constitution,” it argued.

The reply cited a number of sections of the army act and said section 24 dealt with the offences committed by a person subject to the army act and section 59 dealt with the civil offences. Sections 73 to 76 envisage procedure regarding investigation, arrest, inquiry and proceedings before trial.

Likewise chapter IX of the army act deals with the jurisdiction and power of the court martial whereas section 99 explains about the appellate revision power.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...ate-army-personnel-says-mi.html#ixzz2VxrSalCp

well it seems our politicians have everthing sorted out already?:woot::lol:

dont wory, they hve strted mushraf as A software installed in many from kakul thsse days?;)
let them do what they can, we will going to change the history forever in the end!
just a week ago all the dam media,most of PDF hotshots from PTI were telling us he is about to make a deal & flying to dubai?
safe passege? where is it now?:lol:

Why u r so against PTI . Even Musharraf said he Likes imran khan .. he wanted to be alliend with PTI as we ..but there is so much baggage ...media is totally against musharraf .. so dicided not tooo ..personally i like him and hate what the dakoo judges are doing now a days

Why u r so against PTI . Even Musharraf said he Likes imran khan .. he wanted to be alliend with PTI as we ..but there is so much baggage ...media is totally against musharraf .. so dicided not tooo ..personally i like him and hate what the dakoo judges are doing now a days

thanks for the reply!
let me clear your mind about myself my dear!
i am niazi by myself & i share same gali ,muhalla from mianwali as imran khan niazi does?
even we are relatives, not the close ones but yes we are?
i am against his politics not against himself?
for this crazy nation , he is going to kill himself for nothing?
he shouldbe enjoying his time with his nice sons? instead!
if the dam media becomes against imran someday, will you going to leave him, just because of fearing media?

just wait commando ishere for a historical show time, he is clearing the stupid traps & will be leading the real opposition, thn its up to imran to join him or not its your personal choices in the end?
dont mind my critics about him , its more about few members on the fourm more,& the independence of oppinion?

I fear that he will not be able to succeed in his come back ..media has a really big impact on the masses ... U can see TUQ case ..he was popular when he came back but when he annonced long march all media bashed him ..and his moment flop .. although i wish him luck ... he is a good man ....better then zardari and nawaz .,..

I fear that he will not be able to succeed in his come back ..media has a really big impact on the masses ... U can see TUQ case ..he was popular when he came back but when he annonced long march all media bashed him ..and his moment flop .. although i wish him luck ... he is a good man ....better then zardari and nawaz .,..

he has the right to come back and take part in politics.

if anti-Pakistan people sitting abroad are doing politics in Pakistan what cant a Pakistani.

anyway Musharraf will be free after the trial. In Judges case there is bleak chance anyone will be able to punish him

Back
Top Bottom