Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Musharraf admits to have accepted ‘some’ US conditions after 9/11
THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER
Updated 2014-02-08 09:29:53
KARACHI: Former president Pervez Musharraf has conceded that he agreed on ‘some’ of the seven-point conditions set by the United States hours after the 9/11 attacks to ‘be on the side of countries fighting terrorism’, but also claimed to have ‘rejected others’.

In an interview to SouthAsia Magazine, the former army chief said reports that he had surrendered to the US after a phone call from Colin Powell were fabricated.

According to him, he was only briefed by the then US secretary of state on the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre and asked if Pakistan would be on the side of countries fighting terrorism.

“I went to Islamabad two days later where the US ambassador to Pakistan met me and gave me a seven-point agenda,” retired Gen Musharraf said.

“Let me make it clear that we had not given any answer to the US by that time. We got back to them some three days later after going through the agenda. We agreed on some conditions and rejected others.”

Responding to the allegation about official permission given for drone strikes, he said this was entirely false.

During his rule, he said, hardly seven or eight drone attacks were recorded and even then he had protested against them. “My protest was so strong that many people advised me to tone it down.”

He said he was surprised to see the media making issues out of non-issues despite the fact that he gave a ‘free hand’ to the media because he believed the country could not progress in the absence of independent media.

“They seem to be ignoring the core issues of governance and are getting bogged down in abstract notions of democracy and dictatorship,” he said.

He claimed that his government was the most democratic.

“Our government (2002-07), a duly elected government, was as democratic as many a government in the world,” he said. “We were democratic in the true sense. Democracy is all about empowering the people and we delegated power to the people by introducing the local government institutions. We gave freedom to the media.”

Democratic government that produced more terrorists, directly killed thousands, displaced millions...This mushy really is a delusional and abnormal. In short he sold Pakistan:disagree:.

Democratic government that produced more terrorists, directly killed thousands, displaced millions...This mushy really is a delusional and abnormal. In short he sold Pakistan:disagree:.

Are you forgetting?

"democratic" MQM has produced more terrorists when you count the Mohajir population.

your statement flies in the face of even Canadian government decision to support USA wars. Was Canada sold by their gov?

Are you forgetting?

"democratic" MQM has produced more terrorists when you count the Mohajir population.

your statement flies in the face of even Canadian government decision to support USA wars. Was Canada sold by their gov?

Professor sahib keep region in mind, keep in mind Canada is not a beggar state or people don't sell their mothers as is the case with Pakistan according to the world...between Title is self explanatory mushy in other words considers himself guilty.

Musharraf has conceded that he agreed on ‘some’ of the seven-point conditions set by the United States hours after the 9/11 attacks to ‘be on the side of countries fighting terrorism’

Master-Slave relationship Yep!

Professor sahib keep region in mind, keep in mind Canada is not a beggar state or people don't sell their mothers as is the case with Pakistan according to the world...between Title is self explanatory mushy in other words considers himself guilty.

Musharraf has conceded that he agreed on ‘some’ of the seven-point conditions set by the United States hours after the 9/11 attacks to ‘be on the side of countries fighting terrorism’

Master-Slave relationship Yep!

hahahah.

"Gora is better" mentality of some Pakistanis. White skin is always good, and brownies? bad very bad

So what's new in the la la land of "foreigner" Pakistanis attacking Pakistan

hahahah

Yeah yeah

--- If Canada takes an action. according to you it is GODD, BERRY BERRY GOOD
--- If Pakistan takes the same forking action. according to you it is BAD, BERRY BERRY BAD

Reminds of babbu bhatt. (from seinfeld)

hahahahah

hahaha he will accept everything just a matter of time! ;)

hahaha he will accept everything just a matter of time! ;)

he probably is most forthcoming on issues. I have heard a lot of hist talks.

I was and still am against his decision to launch a political career.

He had a decade long chance to rule Pakistan.

Now his life should about mentoring new generation and running a pro-Pakistan pro-Army think tank.

It is sad to see him being dragged through courts
while m@@darchod burqaposh Mullah is giving press conferences in our forking capital.

Pakistani nation and many of its Islamist elite have a very weird method of looking at Pakistan. I'd say cockeyed at best

he probably is most forthcoming on issues. I have heard a lot of hist talks.

I was and still am against his decision to launch a political career.

He had a decade long chance to rule Pakistan.

Now his life should about mentoring new generation and running a pro-Pakistan pro-Army think tank.

It is sad to see him being dragged through courts
while m@@darchod burqaposh Mullah is giving press conferences in our forking capital.

Pakistani nation and many of its Islamist elite have a very weird method of looking at Pakistan. I'd say cockeyed at best
being a general or a soldier does not mean he is above law he should face courts if he is clean why is he scared. its not about lal masjid there are lot more cases take for example bugti case or giving mqm open hand few years ago!

Bash do Mush di Jaan Kanjaron . He did what was Important to save territorial Integrity of Pakistan ( except drone strikes issues) .

being a general or a soldier does not mean he is above law he should face courts if he is clean why is he scared. its not about lal masjid there are lot more cases take for example bugti case or giving mqm open hand few years ago!

no one is above the law

“We were democratic in the true sense. Democracy is all about empowering the people and we delegated power to the people by introducing the local government institutions. We gave freedom to the media.”
The summary of the list of reasons I would prefer Musharraf over any other crooked politician.....

hahahah.

"Gora is better" mentality of some Pakistanis. White skin is always good, and brownies? bad very bad

So what's new in the la la land of "foreigner" Pakistanis attacking Pakistan

hahahah

Yeah yeah

--- If Canada takes an action. according to you it is GODD, BERRY BERRY GOOD
--- If Pakistan takes the same forking action. according to you it is BAD, BERRY BERRY BAD

Reminds of babbu bhatt. (from seinfeld)

hahahahah

Funny Pakistan takes action only when things go the worst and when some master orders. Professor jee make up your mind you are like a radio daily crying ranting whining not a single post of yours really contribute more than disagreeing over any and everything...

I would suggest you strongly since you consider yourself a historian a writer go write an article "1979-2014 the rise of talibani jihadist and their friends" collect all evidence don't forget it...let the whining stop and contribution start and the real faces are exposed.

Otherwise you are just wasting everyone's time with your daily grandma whining.

“They seem to be ignoring the core issues of governance and are getting bogged down in abstract notions of democracy and dictatorship,”
Even though I have been a staunch opposer of Musharraf (and military rule for that matter) but it will be unfair not to accept what he said here. I am sure Nawaz or Bhutto (or ANY other politician for that matter), given their pathetic track record, would have handled the whole situation even more miserably.

Back
Top Bottom