What's new

Mukesh Ambani will be the worlds richest man by 2014:Forbes

The non charitable nature is inherent with most Indian Hindu's of the brahmin caste(no fascism intended.. its a characteristic I noticed in many of my fathers friends)... and while they will spend lavishly at times on their outlook.. you will many of them will still be having the thali at lunch..
They are very accommodating to friends.. but seem to dislike charity since they feel its better to offer work than to give charity...that way they benefit as well.

I am forced to ask for proof here (or is it just a personal opinion?)

Ratan Tata's Net worth is more than $70 billion. He is not a billionaire on paper but in reality he is the richest person of the world. His net worth in reality is more than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. 65% ownership of TATA Sons which is the key holding company of the other 96 TATA Group Company is held by various charitable organizations. Good thing about Tata Group is that, They do Charity out of their Money and that is the reason TATA Group has generated so much of Goodwill over last 5 generations.

The single largest shareholder in Tata Sons is not Ratan Tata but the extremely media shy billionaire Pallonji Mistry.

Pallonji Mistry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ yea good observation, Marwari's (Baniya) are 'Paise de Put' in Punjabi :P They are awesome in Maths xD.

Ambani may be extremely rich, but TATA has more respect then Ambani...

Ambani may be extremely rich, but TATA has more respect then Ambani...

They are both respected business houses of India, not correct to say which one is more and which one is less.

The non charitable nature is inherent with most Indian Hindu's of the brahmin caste (no fascism intended.. its a characteristic I noticed in many of my fathers friends)... and while they will spend lavishly at times on their outlook.. you will many of them will still be having the thali at lunch..
They are very accommodating to friends.. but seem to dislike charity since they feel its better to offer work than to give charity...that way they benefit as well.

Uhh... thanks for bringing caste into this.

Just for your information, some of the richest Indians -- from the Ambanis, to the Mittals, to the Jindals, to the Agarwals -- are from the Vysyas caste, not Brahmin caste.

Now, you will start stereotyping the good old baniyas like me.

Last edited:
Extremely rich Gujarati businessman. .most of gujju here in gujarat engaged in business rather than job. .come in my city,ahmedabad. .u will find amount of money dat gujju posses is higher than in any other part of india. .gold market, stock market ,u name it any market , it is dominated by gujjus.

Last edited:
Uhh... thanks for bringing caste into this.

Just for your information, some of the richest Indians -- from the Ambanis, to the Mittals, to the Jindals, to the Agarwals -- are from the Vysyas caste, not Brahmin caste.

Now, you will start stereotyping the good old baniyas like me.

Oh, leave it - these guys hardly know anything about castes, Brahmins, Vysyas, and all that. They get some half baked knowledge from internet trolls (and occasionally textbooks and media) and assume that they are experts.

First of all, Indian members never make sweeping generalizations about Islam and Muslims, since most Indian members know many Muslims and have dozens of Muslim friends. And if by chance some Indian makes some such comment, half the forum will be all over him in minutes.

The non charitable nature is inherent with most Indian Hindu's of the brahmin caste(no fascism intended.. its a characteristic I noticed in many of my fathers friends)... and while they will spend lavishly at times on their outlook.. you will many of them will still be having the thali at lunch..

Like Ruag said, most of these rich business houses are owned by what you would call a Baniya, but that is besides the point. You might have heard of a company called Infosys? They are pretty big on community service and most of the founders are Brahmins.

You are not a usual troll boy, so I will just take it that your dad met the wrong kind of people. I am assuming his circle of friends are from the working class Brahmins who maintain a very low profile. Since Hindus have no compulsion to donate to charity, it is not easy to determine who does and who does not donate. For e.g. - I fund the education of a few unprivileged children in India but my friends and relatives are unaware of it.

I personally come from a Gujrati background. Most people I know in my community are business oriented and generally well off compared to the rest of the population. Personally I like this approach, keep non sense politics out and do business to make money. Eventually it helps the rest of the population by way of jobs and increased wages despite getting jealous stares. :partay:

No I am in queue of becoming the Husband of "Her Highness" after she divorces Brad Pitt :lol:

Mr Ambani's still got an option to adapt me..... I am willing to be adapted by them :rofl:
ROFL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
pervert !!!:police::

Ever heard of this guy?

N. R. Narayana Murthy

file_Narayana%20Murthy,%20Infosys%20Technologies59s31m1206192008.jpg

Infosys Foundation

Like Ruag said, most of these rich business houses are owned by what you would call a Baniya, but that is besides the point. You might have heard of a company called Infosys? They are pretty big on community service and most of the founders are Brahmins.

You are not a usual troll boy, so I will just take it that your dad met the wrong kind of people. I am assuming his circle of friends are from the working class Brahmins who maintain a very low profile. Since Hindus have no compulsion to donate to charity, it is not easy to determine who does and who does not donate. For e.g. - I fund the education of a few unprivileged children in India but my friends and relatives are unaware of it.

Actually yes.. I find the term Baniya derogatory.. but yes.. most of you have hit the spot..
They do avoid charity, at least that is my own experience as well in the US. But what they avoid in charity they make up for in offering work. They'll offer work to anybody..
Charity is also a personality trait.. but some genetic traits are hard to hide.
On the other hand..one is surprised as to how religious some of the Expat Indian millionaires are.. considering one whose daughter is at yale and very outgoing.. they still had separate utensils for Us when we stayed at their house..
I suppose the Achoot concept never leaves you.

Back
Top Bottom