What's new

Mubarak era Copt Billionaire Naguib Sawiris pricipal supporter of Tamarrod

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
“Tamarrod did not even know it was me!” he said. “I am not ashamed of it.”

Mr. Sawiris, one of Egypt’s richest men and a titan of the old establishment, said Wednesday that he had supported an upstart group called “tamarrod,” Arabic for “rebellion,” that led a petition drive seeking Mr. Morsi’s ouster. He donated use of the nationwide offices and infrastructure of the political party he built, the Free Egyptians. He provided publicity through a popular television network he founded and his major interest in Egypt’s largest private newspaper. He even commissioned the production of a popular music video that played heavily on his network.

“Tamarrod did not even know it was me!” he said. “I am not ashamed of it.”

He said he had publicly predicted that ousting Mr. Morsi would bolster Egypt’s sputtering economy because it would bring in billions of dollars in aid from oil-rich monarchies afraid that the Islamist movement might spread to their shores. By Wednesday, a total of $12 billion had flowed in from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait. “That will take us for 12 months with no problem,” Mr. Sawiris said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/world/middleeast/improvements-in-egypt-suggest-a-campaign-that-undermined-morsi.html?ref=world&_r=0

Well, the MB won't have a soft stand on Sawiris now. He had given the ultra-conservative Muslims a reason to fire back.

Mr. Sawiris should have kept things in secret, this isn't really smart for someone like him.

Interesting development. A copt provided material support to anti-Morsi folks, how did he manage to do it when Morsi was in powe? His offices throughout Egypt providsd logistics, his media outlets provided the appeal to the general population.

Why didn't he disclose these facts to the protesters if indeed all was Kosher.

Interesting development. A copt provided material support to anti-Morsi folks, how did he manage to do it when Morsi was in powe? His offices throughout Egypt providsd logistics, his media outlets provided the appeal to the general population.

Why didn't he disclose these facts to the protesters if indeed all was Kosher.

MB led by Morsi and others were too stupid and inexperienced to win this game, the copts and others in opposition and their army allies won this innings. Stupidity and incompetence has no excuse.

If I were them, I would eat the humble pie, learn from this experience and plan to do better next time. There is still a democracy in place, elections will be held. If I were them, I would concentrate on organizing and getting out the votes perhaps using these priceless pieces of information like the OP, than fighting a futile war of insurgency and lose valuable workers for nothing.

By the way, Swairis's Orascom owns Banglalink cell phone company, though they sold majority stake to a company controlled by Russian Jews:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimpelcom
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altimo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Fridman

MB led by Morsi and others were too stupid and inexperienced to win this game, the copts and others in opposition and their army allies won this innings. Stupidity and incompetence has no excuse.

If I were them, I would eat the humble pie, learn from this experience and plan to do better next time. There is still a democracy in place, elections will be held. If I were them, I would concentrate on organizing and getting out the votes perhaps using these priceless pieces of information like the OP, than fighting a futile war of insurgency and lose valuable workers for nothing.

By the way, Swairis's Orascom owns Banglalink cell phone company, though they sold majority stake to a company controlled by Russian Jews:
OJSC VimpelCom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Altimo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mikhail Fridman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I somewhat agree. I don't think he knew all the players in the theater.

Very immature childlike of him. Now because of him, all the nutters got a reason to unite and as a bonus will get a cart blanche to gun for each and every Copt who had nothing to do with all of it. What an imbecile!

Well, the MB won't have a soft stand on Sawiris now. He had given the ultra-conservative Muslims a reason to fire back.

Mr. Sawiris should have kept things in secret, this isn't really smart for someone like him.

Yes, Mr. Swiris should have known that his OnTV could have done more than giving these Tamarod - Rebillion - kids money in secret. Interesting and sadly, today a Coptic Christian was killed, and I wouldn't be surprised that such loons have done it as an act of avenge. Why would he do it in behind the curtains? ..
Very immature childlike of him. Now because of him, all the nutters got a reason to unite and as a bonus will get a cart blanche to gun for each and every Copt who had nothing to do with all of it. What an imbecile!

Talk about 'dirt'.

:pop: What do you know :pop:

He as a citizen of Egypt exercised his rights to undermine Morsi Administration. It should not matter whether he is Christian or not. It is dirty politics, but politics nevertheless. I really do not see anything wrong the way his efforts undermined Morsi in spite of the fact that the protesters played right into his hands without their knowledge.

Happy Ramdan to you :D
He as a citizen of Egypt exercised his rights to undermine Morsi Administration. It should not matter whether he is Christian or not. It is dirty politics, but politics nevertheless. I really do not see anything wrong the way his efforts undermined Morsi in spite of the fact that the protesters played right into his hands without their knowledge.

If that seemed cool then, would you please explain why did he reveal all that after the oust of Morsi? I don't think being a Christian matters to you or me, but @Hyperion raised a very valid point. I understand how nasty politics gets but I don't think that a well-known billionaire could come up with something as immature as this, and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
those are not secrets...Those are pretty known facts...bussines cartel groups of Egypt , staff of Mobarak, army, Laics, liberals, Chtistians, Salafi Party Al Nour which lean KSA with collaboration of foreigners came to together to oust Morsi..

They all together destroyed the chance of a peacefull and succesfull transition from dictatorship to an democratik and institutional country..
That external intervention will cause losing of a long time and tremendous economic losses for Egypt till stability is founded..it is needed many more long years after that ominous coup..

Another ironic, Secularists and liberals who were contstantly blaming moderate MB with accusation of religous, now act with Extreme ortodox religous Salafi Al Nour party in harmony for establishing a coalition.
80-90% of excuses of opponents which being incited from ouside of country toward MB were unacceprable for a government of one year life.

and more, it is impossible to establish an stabil government of coalition among so many opposite groups as alternarive against MB...there is no a better salvation model than a government came in power through fair election..

Blame the copts .. ?

What about the "muslims" who took the material help ?

On the day of judgement, no one will be spared on the excuse that it was the satan who ,mislead me.

Everyone must be held accountable for that they have done.

The copts in egypt are a 5th pillar and are against the interests of Egyptian muslims & democracy

bunch of ignorant people...

the copt didn't topple Morsi... it was the Egyptian people with all of its religions and sects... this businessman can't topple Morsi alone...

racist people want to find excuse to start a war...

The important part is not about religion, but the Mubarak era old guard.

a titan of the old establishment [...] provided publicity through a popular television network he founded and his major interest in Egypt’s largest private newspaper.

As we have been saying, the Mubarak cronies who dominate the media, engineered this military coup.

Back
Top Bottom