What's new

MQM to register all ulemas and Muftis, says Altaf

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI - Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Chief Altaf Hussain on directed all office bearers, party workers and peace loving citizens of Karachi to submit details of all muftis and Ulemas (clerics) in their localities, regardless of their sectarian affiliations, with the party’s unit and sector offices situated in their respective areas.
The MQM chief said that the particulars of all religious leaders holding different titles such as muftis, imams, ulemas and khatib should be collected from the units and sectors offices and should be dispatched to MQM headquarter Nine Zero. He also instructed all sector and unit office bearers to note down the names and addresses of all those who refuse to share their particulars so that the list of their names could be sent to the government for appropriate actions.
Altaf Hussain on Thursday gave all Islamic clerics based in Karachi an ultimatum to openly denounce the cowardly attack on young Pakistani children’s rights activist Malala Yousufzai and vowed take to task all those who fail to condemn the attack by banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan.

Start target killing of all muftis and Ulemas and we will have a peaceful Pakistan is that Altafs Thinking?

MQM to register all ulemas and Muftis, says Altaf | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Illegal move.
Totally against Pakistani law..
He is a nobody to do such thing.

all the criminal elements whether from religious back ground or not should be checked and i think this should be the work of the government, if MQM needs to background check the elements it must pursue it through the right means

seeing the past years or so, MQM has been unable to protect karachi from the target killing and bad situations so i guess MQM shouldnt pretend that it is some how protecting the city

Great move on Altaf's end.
Illiterate Mullahs must be supervised by MQM in Karachi, where Taliban's presence is no secret.
Mullahs must be REGULATED. There's simply no other way around.
I normally wouldn't suggest it, but like they say, desperate times require desperate measures.

Back
Top Bottom