What's new

MQM files Rs5b defamation suit against Imran Khan

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
580760-imranaltaf-1374559925-490-640x480.jpg

KARACHI: The Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) filed a defamation suit worth Rs5 billion against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan on Tuesday, Express News reported.
MQM leaders Farooq Sattar and Senator Farogh Naseem personally filed the suit in the Sindh High Court for MQM Chief Altaf Hussain’s alleged character assassination in the wake of PTI leader Zahra Shahid Hussain’s murder.
Imran had held Hussain responsible for Zahra’s murder and accused him of inciting violence through his public broadcasts.
MQM said it had sent a legal notice to Imran following his accusations but received no response in return. The party has now filed a petition in the court and demanded Rs5 billion as compensation money.
MQM is the petitioner, while Imran and PTI were made party in the case.
Known as the mother of PTI, Zahra was shot dead outside her house in Karachi on May 18. The very same day, Imran Khan said he held Altaf Hussain responsible for the murder.

MQM files Rs5b defamation suit against Imran Khan – The Express Tribune

why is Pakistan why not sue him in UK? after all MQM doesn't support judiciary! so why sue in Pakistan?

Tit for tat: PTI to file Rs10b libel suit against MQM – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: A few hours after the Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) filed a defamation suit against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan, PTI announced it will file a suit against MQM, Express News reported on Tuesday.
The PTI spokesperson said that the party will file a Rs10 billion defamation suit against MQM.
However, the final decision will be taken once Imran comes back to Pakistan from London.
MQM leaders Farooq Sattar and Senator Farogh Naseem personally filed the suit today in the Sindh High Court for MQM Chief Altaf Hussain’s alleged character assassination in the wake of PTI leader Zahra Shahid Hussain’s murder.
Imran had held Hussain responsible for Zahra’s murder and accused him of inciting violence through his public broadcasts.

so let's see my last 3 years of Ramadan

1) Amir Liquat video exposed & Veena Malik Imaan show

2) ZULFIQAR MIRZA holds quran on his head and swears that Altaf is ghadaar & anti pakhtoon

3) This year Ramadan Zaid Hamid vs Hamid Mir and Altaf bhai vs Imran bhai!

I love these Ramadan entertainment we get these days!

@Leader @Jazzbot @Marshmallow @Hermione G...

This is known as official,legal Bhatta...:woot:

so let's see my last 3 years of Ramadan

1) Amir Liquat video exposed & Veena Malik Imaan show

2) ZULFIQAR MIRZA holds quran on his head and swears that Altaf is ghadaar & anti pakhtoon

3) This year Ramadan Zaid Hamid vs Hamid Mir and Altaf bhai vs Imran bhai!

I love these Ramadan entertainment we get these days!

Well,Mr.mirza's accusations and point no one is really entertaining,but point three is a bit worrying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that PTI will defend it's case very easily,I myself have not clear idea that what PTI will do exactly,maybe @Jazzbot @Aeronaut and @Leader will guide us in this regard.

This is another thing whether it defends or not ... My query is for counter defamation suite which will be filed by PTI .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom