What's new

Mosul Consulate Hostage Crisis (Update: All Hostages Have Been Freed)

Yeah, a very hard task.5 Blackhawks needed to evacute to embassy workers. Blackhawks for MaroonBarets. These choppers would be very vulnerable in the ground so we would need cobras to deal with armoured vehicles. The more complex the plan more chance to fail.... 2 or 3 hostages wouldn't be so hard but rescuing nearly 100 person from a hostile envoriment in different locations in simultaneous raid is very hard to do.
turkish hostage rescue ops

going to be an epic story ! !

I sincerely hope so. Care to point out and explain about them?

Baghdad can't fall with the amount of active forces on high alert in and around the city, it's impossible. 2 million volunteers aside the army/police of which many are experienced in unconventional warfare that fought the Americans are undergoing intensive training to guard their cities and fight ISIS.

1200 forces just landed all the way North in Tal Afar. ISIS is being killed in large numbers, the forces are on the offensive.

The fall of Mosul was not due to a loss of a battle. There weren't many clashes. The military organization isn't organized well, chain of command is not being followed the right way. In this case they left the area when the other commanders disappeared. The Iraqi officers graduating from Sandhurst UK academy have a lot of (paper) work to do to get things right.
There seems to be a political thing behind all of this, there are many sources saying this.

As for foreign intervention, Iranian troops are not needed as there is no shortage of manpower. US airstrikes/drone attacks and intel will allow the army to advance faster.

Kurds won't be allowed to keep the territories they took by using this crisis for their benefit, the Turkmen and Arabs in Kerkuk have made it clear they will not accept it, they will fight Barzanis forces if they won't leave the province. Erdogan will not go against the Turkmen in his Kurdish relations. There have already been Iraq-Kurd clashes militarily, eventually it will be war. They keep jumping over the border taking benefit from every crisis that occurs, it won't be accepted.

Seems like ISIS / Baath leadership (whoever is really running the show) calculated a possible response from Turkey and used the hostages.

Usually we use diplomatic means to get hostages back so I'm sure that will happen now aswell, the only thing is that that will come too late if we want to help the Iraqi Turkmens.

iraqi turkmen are out of equation for akp govt. they aren't a variable in their plans. akp aims for oil that'll come from iraqi kurdistan once they declare independence. thus, akp won't have to listen to maliki's whinings about oil being sold without their consent (by the way, kurds already connected kerkük to their pipeline system and selling turkey 300.000 barrels/day from kerkük, minimum). to me, all this consular staff taken hostage seems staged so that no one could blame akp for not taking action against isil or kurds to protect turkmen or akp tries to form a buffer zone between turkey and arabs, i.e. "tribes with flags" as they were once called by egyptian politician. it's 35-40 minutes drive from musul to kerkük and 15-20 or maybe less to the nearest IAF base outside musul and yet consul somehow succeeded to become isil hostage.

iraqi turkmen are out of equation for akp govt. they aren't a variable in their plans. akp aims for oil that'll come from iraqi kurdistan once they declare independence. thus, akp won't have to listen to maliki's whinings about oil being sold without their consent (by the way, kurds already connected kerkük to their pipeline system and selling turkey 300.000 barrels/day from kerkük, minimum). to me, all this consular staff taken hostage seems staged so that no one could blame akp for not taking action against isil or kurds to protect turkmen or akp tries to form a buffer zone between turkey and arabs, i.e. "tribes with flags" as they were once called by egyptian politician. it's 35-40 minutes drive from musul to kerkük and 15-20 or maybe less to the nearest IAF base outside musul and yet consul somehow succeeded to become isil hostage.

İt's not that this scenario hasn't passed through my mind, but do you actually think that Davutoğlu can think as deep as that?

It's an interesting analysis. Akp definitely does not care about turkmens, and they proved it. About their policy about Iraqi kurdistan, I agree with you as well. But, it is soon to claim it as staged. But, AKP is very wrong if they think that swapping oil is beneficial for Turkey. In the long term, it would cause tons of problems for Turkey.

It's an interesting analysis. Akp definitely does not care about turkmens, and they proved it. About their policy about Iraqi kurdistan, I agree with you as well. But, it is soon to claim it as staged. But, AKP is very wrong if they think that swapping oil is beneficial for Turkey. In the long term, it would cause tons of problems for Turkey.
turkey should not officially take actions but should send the men as iraqi turkmen there and clam the turkmen part they can use Turkmenistan soviet made weapons with spy satellites and drones and Turkish army's tactics and strategy they can make big differences but first they should free the 80 hostage i believe this can be happen with turkmens help more oil turkey buy from kurd means more trouble they will make for the turks later

İt's not that this scenario hasn't passed through my mind, but do you actually think that Davutoğlu can think as deep as that?

its not davutoğlu IMHO. someone else, who can see beyond than davutoğlu with his standart jibber-jabber. fidan maybe.

several days ago kck(pkk) stated that all those road blocks, violence is not necessary and they should resort to more peaceful means. akp-pkk-krg cooking something very nasty IMO. as we've witnessed before, akp generally doesn't make long-term plans. they're like primeval humans, guided with motto "survival now, here". south-east turkey is de-facto under pkk control for a very long time.

its not davutoğlu IMHO. someone else, who can see beyond than davutoğlu with his standart jibber-jabber. fidan maybe.

several days ago kck(pkk) stated that all those road blocks, violence is not necessary and they should resort to more peaceful means. akp-pkk-krg cooking something very nasty IMO. as we've witnessed before, akp generally doesn't make long-term plans. they're like primeval humans, guided with motto "survival now, here". south-east turkey is de-facto under pkk control for a very long time.

I agree. a big portion of this oil money would finally go into PKK pocket to buy arms and shoot turkish soldiers. :disagree: These kurds have started to buy big parts of farms and houses in west azerbaijan, and started to settle kurds in these regions. The trouble of these oil money is already started for southern azeris. What AKP does not care about is turkey, and turks. They only care about their sunni islam and arabs.

@rmi5 i really wanted the turkmenistan and azerbijan do something about it these kurd later will be both rival to our gas&oil and will be threat to our pipeline they will blow it when in the time of their needs i dont have hop for turkmenistan to do something about it but how much do u think azerbijan will do something about the kurd ?

@rmi5 i really wanted the turkmenistan and azerbijan do something about it these kurd later will be both rival to our gas&oil and will be threat to our pipeline they will blow it when in the time of their needs i dont have hop for turkmenistan to do something about it but how much do u think azerbijan will do something about the kurd ?

I don't think that Azerbaijan can do much about it. We are not that much strong and have no borders with that regions. The same is true for Turkmenistan. Only Turkey has the required power and borders to help them, but AKP won't do anything.

I don't think that Azerbaijan can do much about it. We are not that much strong and have no borders with that regions. The same is true for Turkmenistan. Only Turkey has the required power and borders to help them, but AKP won't do anything.
correct :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom