What's new

Mosul Consulate Hostage Crisis (Update: All Hostages Have Been Freed)

A large 'show of force' training should be conducted. Not the mini-scale tank maneuvers we saw previously earlier in the year. I don't see how training is provocation.

Like I said.. Erdogan will not dare to conduct any operation without NATO support.

A military exercise is always considered as a show of force and threat. Beacase in the name of exercise you are amassing your troops in one place. You can always mobile exercise forces, in to a invading one.

Russia did the same if you remember exercised on the Ukranian border, while "pro-Russians" revolting, In short saying "I have troops here and i can come and beat the hell out of you".

So doing a traning near the Iraqi border will be acknowledge as an military agrresion by Isis.

If you are saying "let's exercise in Aegean and show our military capabilities".... what's the point ? They already know. That's the reason why they didn't Suleiman Shah's tomb.

Erdoğan will not conduct any operation but it's not related with any NATO support.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-350...-tal-afar-turkmens-call-for-turkeys-help.html
186618_newsdetail.jpg

A military exercise is always considered as a show of force and threat. Beacase in the name of exercise you are amassing your troops in one place. You can always mobile exercise forces, in to a invading one.

Russia did the same if you remember exercised on the Ukranian border, while "pro-Russians" revolting, In short saying "I have troops here and i can come and beat the hell out of you".

So doing a traning near the Iraqi border will be acknowledge as an military agrresion by Isis.

If you are saying "let's exercise in Aegean and show our military capabilities".... what's the point ? They already know. That's the reason why they didn't Suleiman Shah's tomb.

Erdoğan will not conduct any operation but it's not related with any NATO support.

I thought the motto of Turkish Armed Forces was - Dosta guven, dusmana korku. Is this not the case anymore? or does ISIS gets special treatment

Why do you think Erdogan's feathered hands aren't tied behind his back by NATO?

Turkey called on a NATO meeting as soon as story of Turkish Hostages was confirmed.

While Isıs has 100 Turkish hostages.... it is impossible.

1-) Either we will send humanitarian supplies to Turkmens and wait for Isid to release our hostages.
2-) We can conduct a night raid with Blackhawks and Cobras, deploy Maroon Barets and grab our hostages. Afterwards we can deploy TAF to protect Turkmen cities from terrorists.

Second option is risky, we might suffer casualties from hostages during the operation and Erdogan can't explain himself if that happens. This option can get into motion only if Isis starts execute, our people.

Can't Turkey make an agreement with Iraq to use a few attack helicopters at night attack ISIS surrounding around Tal Afar in secret, the public/ISIS will think Iraq's MI-35 did it.

I thought the motto of Turkish Armed Forces was - Dosta guven, dusmana korku. Is this not the case anymore? or does ISIS gets special treatment
bro, i have not a single doubt that the military can wipe these bastards out in a matter of hours once the sign is given to use whatever material is needed for the task. However, the govt is dealing with a terrorist organization, one mistake and we could be facing another terrorist front with all economical and security consequences. I think it's good that the govt is trying to get the hostages back in a peaceful way. what they will do after that, is up to them. just i wish that Turkey will not fight a conflict on behalf of another nation's interests.

Mate, seriously can you solve a hostage situation by showing your handgun to kidnapper ? Is there even an example of that ?

Why do you think Erdogan's feathered hands aren't tied behind his back by NATO?

Turkey called on a NATO meeting as soon as story of Turkish Hostages was confirmed.

Mate, i don't know what will Erdogan do but in 1970s nobody could stopped us from invading a western christian country. Now we are in 2014, military and political power is at the peak of Turkey's history.

We can conduct a operation in Iraq, all we need is just a political backbone from our leaders and that's it. The thing i'm not sure is if Erdogan have the backbone or not. I reckon he doesn't have any.

Can't Turkey make an agreement with Iraq to use a few attack helicopters at night attack ISIS surrounding around Tal Afar in secret, the public/ISIS will think Iraq's MI-35 did it.

We are more focused on Turkish hostages who are being held in Mosul. Our hands are currently tied because of that hostages. Otherwise we could have squashed those ISIS terrorist who are attacking Tal Affar.

A few days ago there were news on Turkish media saying F-16s and UAVs flied over Mosul to find the location of hostages with the Maliki's consent and by the condition of sharing the surveillance footage

Last edited by a moderator:
if Isil (continous) to target Turkmen communities, could it be that they are testing what Turkey will do? As in keeping those Turkish hostages as long as possible to blackmail the Turkish govt to stay neutral? i truly hope that we get these hostages back and then more and more support should be given to Turkmen community while also making them 'protectorates' of Turkey. Do anything bad against them, you mess with Turkiye. at least this should be possible, no?

if Isil (continous) to target Turkmen communities, could it be that they are testing what Turkey will do? As in keeping those Turkish hostages as long as possible to blackmail the Turkish govt to stay neutral? i truly hope that we get these hostages back and then more and more support should be given to Turkmen community while also making them 'protectorates' of Turkey. Do anything bad against them, you mess with Turkiye. at least this should be possible, no?

Mate, if i were ISIS i would held the hostages. I would take good care of them but wouldn't return them to Turkey.

By taking good care of them, i wouldn't give reason to Turkey to conduct a rescue operation. By helding them i can attack any Turkmen populated areas as Turkey won't hit me back.

We are in deep shit. A resque operation won't be easy at least 5 blackhawks required to evacuate the hostages and we would crudely requier around 50 troops to conduct and establish a secure parameter while the operation is going on. We would also need Cobras in the to neutralize any heavier equipment that ISIS could use. Also some F-16s... That would be a complex operation which is in the deep enemy territory and can go in the wrong way.

NATO related, I don't think that many ships would be sent for nothing.

http://abc13.com/news/marines-four-us-warships-head-toward-iraq-/115820/

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush and two other ships from the northern Arabian Sea and it has arrived in the Persian Gulf as President Obama considers possible military options for Iraq. A fourth ship, the amphibious ship USS Mesa Verde, was ordered into the Persian Gulf today.

The Mesa Verde carries approximately 550 Marines and about five Osprey planes, tilt rotor craft that can take off and land like helicopters, but fly like planes.

Kuzeyimizde guneyimizde, her yerde Turk katlediliyor :/

And they gave news withthis headline.

turkiye-turkmenler-icin-harekete-gecti-4479710.Jpeg

When you saw the headline , you feel excited hoping for a intervention but it is about sending supplies....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys

Which of them are more important Turkish Citizens or Iraqi Turkmens ?

And they gave news withthis headline.

turkiye-turkmenler-icin-harekete-gecti-4479710.Jpeg

When you saw the headline , you feel excited hoping for a intervention but it is about sending supplies....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys

Which of them are more important Turkish Citizens or Iraqi Turkmens ?
Iraqi Turkmen. Isil blackmails Turkish govt with those 80 people, but thousands of Turkmen lifes are on stake. Plus not helping these Turkmen will give very wrong signal to our fellow Turkic bros who had put their trust in us. 80 lifes is not a small number, but if push comes to shove, action must be taken. as of now we should already accept that these 80 people will probably not return...

Iraqi Turkmen. Isil blackmails Turkish govt with those 80 people, but thousands of Turkmen lifes are on stake. Plus not helping these Turkmen will give very wrong signal to our fellow Turkic bros who had put their trust in us. 80 lifes is not a small number, but if push comes to shove, action must be taken. as of now we should already accept that these 80 people will probably not return...

Exactly my point. :tup:

Basically we are screwed no matter what we do. We have to wake up and smell the coffee. We are living in a crazy region and we have to face the reality that we cant do anything about it and that we will never have good/stable relations with any of our neighbors. Our borders will always be insecure/ in questionable condition. Whatever actions we take we will end up in a loss one way or another the only thing we can win is honor.

If we help turkmens hostages are dead. If we try to rescue hostages then they get killed and so do Turkmens. If we stand still we look bad and turkmens die and hostages still are not free.

Eventually the government has to make a decision about what to do and everyone should be prepared for a negative outcome because that is really all that can happen.

Or we can play switzerland for the rest of our history and not deal with that many issues.

I really would like to know what our forefathers took into consideration when they were making tough decisions. Ataturk, Osman Ghazi, those types of guys?

Back
Top Bottom