What's new

Mohammad Rizwan expected to take charge as white-ball captain of Pakistan

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Mohammad Rizwan expected to take charge as white-ball captain of Pakistan​

Sources indicate that PCB chairman has confirmed the appointment of Rizwan as captain for ODI and T20I

News Desk
October 26, 2024

photo file

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to appoint wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan as the captain of Pakistan’s white-ball cricket teams, as reported by local media.

Sources indicated that Rizwan concluded a meeting with PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi on Saturday, during which Naqvi confirmed the appointment of Rizwan as captain for the One Day International (ODI) and T20 International (T20I) teams.

The recommendation for Rizwan's captaincy came from head coach Gary Kirsten, and it has received support from the national team selectors, insiders revealed. Salman Ali Agha is expected to be appointed as the vice-captain of the white-ball team.

This development follows former captain Babar Azam's resignation from the white-ball captaincy earlier this month, citing a desire to “prioritise my performance, enjoy my batting, and spend quality time with my family, which brings me joy.”

Rizwan brings considerable experience to the role, having led various domestic teams in Pakistan and captained the Multan Sultans in the Pakistan Super League (PSL). He was appointed captain of the franchise in 2021 and successfully led the team to victory against Peshawar Zalmi in the PSL final.

Mohammad Rizwan appointed as Pakistan's new white-ball captain​

Rizwan's leadership will commence with the upcoming tours to Australia and Zimbabwe

News Desk
October 27, 2024

credits pcb

Credits: PCB

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has officially announced that Mohammad Rizwan will lead the national team as the new white-ball captain. In a significant move to strengthen the squad ahead of upcoming tours, Salman Ali Agha has been appointed as the vice-captain.

Rizwan's leadership will commence with the upcoming tours to Australia and Zimbabwe, where Pakistan is scheduled to play three ODIs and three T20Is in each country.

The PCB's decision reflects their confidence in Rizwan's abilities to guide the team through these crucial matches, especially as they prepare to defend their title at the ICC Champions Trophy.

Salman Ali Agha, who has been a standout performer in domestic cricket, will support Rizwan as vice-captain, providing valuable assistance and leadership experience.

The PCB is optimistic that the new leadership duo will help foster a competitive spirit within the team and build a strong foundation for future successes.

The first group of players, including Rizwan and Agha, will depart for Australia on October 28, with the series set to begin shortly after their arrival.

ODI Squad for Australia tour: Aamir Jamal, Abdullah Shafique, Arafat Minhas, Babar Azam, Faisal Akram, Haris Rauf, Haseebullah (WK), Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Muhammad Irfan Khan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Shaheen Shah Afridi

T20I Squad for Australia tour: Arafat Minhas, Babar Azam, Haris Rauf, Haseebullah, Jahandad Khan, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Muhammad Irfan Khan, Naseem Shah, Omair Bin Yousuf, Sahibzada Farhan, Salman Ali Agha, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Sufyan Moqim, Usman Khan

ODI Squad for Zimbabwe tour: Aamir Jamal, Abdullah Shafique, Abrar Ahmed, Ahmed Daniyal, Faisal Akram, Haris Rauf, Haseebullah (WK), Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Muhammad Irfan Khan, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Shahnawaz Dahani and Tayyab Tahir

T20I Squad Zimbabwe tour: Ahmed Daniyal, Arafat Minhas, Haris Rauf, Haseebullah (WK), Jahandad Khan, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Hasnain, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Omair bin Yousuf, Qasim Akram, Sahibzada Farhan, Salman Ali Agha, Sufyan Moqim, Tayyab Tahir and Usman Khan

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom