What's new

MiG-41 must reach a speed of Mach 4.3

Like this ? :D
mig_41s_by_abiator-d33ho27.jpg

Looks like a mix of MiG21 and F35 ...... cool design .... 8-)

wonder how they are gonna tackle the intense aerodynamic heating at mach 4....:smart:

4.3 mach? I dont know what they were smoking. This is how 3.3 mach airplane looks like:

765px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Is it going to be a 5th gen kinda interceptor? I mean if its not a 5th gen, then there is not going to be a lotta customers. They need to develop something unique.

Probably designed with intercepting the new SR-72 in mind.

4.3 mach? I dont know what they were smoking. This is how 3.3 mach airplane looks like:
The SR-71's top speed is still secret. Mach 3+ is just a PR figure thrown out for convenience. I have listened to -71's mission tapes, the European theater ones, and the -71 can go faster.

765px-Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Just out of curiosity, are the lines on the wings (next to the engines) leaked fuel?

Just out of curiosity, are the lines on the wings (next to the engines) leaked fuel?
Yes. I know of no SR-71 photos that are clear enough to make out details that came from operating altitude and speed. The -71 at ambient temperature and on ground leaks fuel pretty much all the time. Not pouring, just drip-drip-drip. All -71 sorties must air refuel immediately after take-off. Then once the aircraft is at operating altitude and warmed up, the fuel tanks will seal themselves.

LOL idiotic Jew we already have a mach 3.3 plane it was called Mig-25, the only problem was its engine's which could not sustain that speed without being destroyed

But not worry, Russian engine technology has advanced much since 1960s

LOL idiotic Jew we already have a mach 3.3 plane it was called Mig-25, the only problem was its engine's which could not sustain that speed without being destroyed

MiG-25 spec was limited to Mach 2.83 and it could fly only few mins with that speed. It could reach up to 3 M in clean configuration. But it was not recommended.

The officially recognized record for MiG-25 is 2981.5 km/h for 10 mins of flight. Thats about 2.78 Mach.

The SR-71's top speed is still secret. Mach 3+ is just a PR figure thrown out for convenience. I have listened to -71's mission tapes, the European theater ones, and the -71 can go faster.
Well my point is that any plane over 3 Mach will be too complicated and expensive. And pretty much useless as combat plane.

MiG-25 spec was limited to Mach 2.83 and it could fly only few mins with that speed. It could reach up to 3 M in clean configuration. But it was not recommended.
The officially recognized record for MiG-25 is 2981.5 km/h for 10 mins of flight. Thats about 2.78 Mach.

Recon versions of Mig-25 hit mach 3.2 a couple times over the Sinai, and just before the collapse, USSR was planning a replacement for the Mig-31

Meet -------- Mig-701

mig-701p-multifunctional-long-range-interceptor-project.gif

All we did was to revive the project, updated of course:D

Well my point is that any plane over 3 Mach will be too complicated and expensive. And pretty much useless as combat plane.

I think as a mainstream fighter jet it would be too complicated and expensive.
My guess a small contingent for more specialized roles (like the F-117s/SR-71s) would be more likely.

Flying at sustained speed at low to medium level in dense atmosphere is going to wreak havoc on a fighter.
You pretty much are forced to be flying high. Although I guess you could do a hybrid jet/scramjet combo and restrict the airspeed.

Then you do not have a Mach 3+ plane. If you cannot sustain a particular performance factor over a USABLE period of time according to a list of attributes attached to a certain type of aircraft, you simply do not have that performance factor other than under laboratory conditions. The SR-71 can maintain, not merely achieve temporarily, Mach 3+ speed over hours. The F-16 can over-g itself and thousands of pilots in the world experienced its 9-g SUSTAINED turns but we do not advertise that self destructive over-g capability.

Am going to say this as kindly as possible: The MIG-25 is a piece of shit.

Usability wise, the MIG-21 is the better. Do not take what I said about the MIG-25 personally. For US, we produced many aviation pieces of shit, sometimes even within a known good series, like the F-4 without the gun. But when we took apart the MIG-25, thanks to Belenko's defection to Japan, sure, there were some interesting things about it, but overall, given the maturity of US aviation, no US companies would design so limited a 'fighter'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom