What's new

Microsoft Vista Users ,Your opinion please !!!

Vista is a very good OS, Corporates would see more benefit out of it.
Not any Tom , Dick or harry can write drivers for it. Drivers fail just because they are not written properly or do not follow prescribed standards or protocols. They exploit or leave many holes which can be further exploited. Now they need to have valid certificates to run on Vista.

Windows has been plagued with lots of virus attacks and now Microsoft has taken corrective action this should be welcomed there are many benefits from it.

Of course but it comes at a price i.e performance gets reduced due to lots of security inbuilt security features it may be inconvenient for some. But Microsoft has totally changed the architecture from NT 5 (XP) and come out with NT 6 (Vista). It knows whats better even XP had its share of resistence initially.

Lots of dust got generated which will settle once the advantage of Vista becomes more apparent for normal users (Other than corporates).
Do not get worried by new development at Microsoft for new OS they will all follow architecture of Vista. Microsoft or any company continuously need to upgrade their products and come out with new products to survive and persist in the market.

I have heard Vista is just eye candy, nothing really good about it other than the visuals. You can make your Windows XP look just like Vista. I have installed a few programs that make my XP look exactly like Vista.

Besides, Windows 7 is coming out in 2010 which will hopefully be much better than Vista.

I have heard Vista is just eye candy, nothing really good about it other than the visuals. You can make your Windows XP look just like Vista. I have installed a few programs that make my XP look exactly like Vista.

Besides, Windows 7 is coming out in 2010 which will hopefully be much better than Vista.

No you can't...you can make your comp resemble Vista, but you can't match the Vista Look.
If it was that easy, MS wouldn't have spent millions developing it.

Vista is good....the only issue is that it takes up too much system resources.

...and its hugely expensive....and totally uncustomizable, unlike ubuntu...

Vista is guud only if u have min of 2 gigs of RAM and min of core duo cpu...otherwise stick wid XP.
SP!1 for vista has been released and it has solved quite a few problems...
even if u use vista...configure it to vista's basic scheme....dont use vista's aero theme....it will suck ur system's blood.

Thankyou guys for your input.....I am inclined towards Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop and the best deal I am getting is with 2 GB RAM, Intel Core Duo , Processor 1.8 , 160GB Hard Drive , 15.4 inch monitor. But havent finalised anything yet...still looking around..

No you can't...you can make your comp resemble Vista, but you can't match the Vista Look.
If it was that easy, MS wouldn't have spent millions developing it.

Vista is good....the only issue is that it takes up too much system resources.

...and its hugely expensive....and totally uncustomizable, unlike ubuntu...

Here are screenshots of my laptop. You decide if this looks much different than Vista.

bfba82297fda0802f1a0a87f0416f020.png

22f8afbdfac6348cd5ddf532f85dfeab.png

2e2a2ce39e79b73845960b0dde0a6faa.png

8c024be0f0032bed1b9bfbce096a49ed.png

^^^Yeah dude, I've tried it all before...the window switcher and previews and stuff....but it can't match the the real thing...
...if any of your friends have got Vista on a dual core PC, try using it....the look and feel can't be imitated by some freeware.

^^^Yeah dude, I've tried it all before...the window switcher and previews and stuff....but it can't match the the real thing...
...if any of your friends have got Vista on a dual core PC, try using it....the look and feel can't be imitated by some freeware.

I agree....
nithing matches the real stuff...but if you dont have the resources then it's not a bad option to have these add-ons. Although they just imitate vista (execpt a few that actually give a vista look) but still they are workable....

I have seen vista myself. One can simply go into best buy and spend a few mintues checking out the laptops running vista there. I am not about to pay a lot of money for a bug ridden operating system that simply gives me a few visual options which I can imitate on my XP for free anyway.

Vista Bug ridden ??? :)
Its architecture is much better than XP however its requires more resource requirements.

Vista benefits may not be apparent.

Actually Vista OS needs smart users who know how to handle a computer. ;)

Any takers now? :cheers:

Hi

I was intending to treat myself with a new Laptop and want to get the Windows Vista but all my present h/ware i.e. Printer, scanner and Photo editor are configured for XP drivers and I have no idea if Vista will pick them automatically or will these behave properly.

I have never used Vista, so any guys here who are already using Vista, can you please comment about its performance and its compatibility with other hardwares.

Thanx in advance. :P

As i have expeerience that, the branded laptops has its own orignal OEM updated windows. while if we go to get pirated window it can cause problems in longrun. I did the same what do you like to do, but face problems and ultimately I had replace my laptop by new one.

I wud suggest to stick with your xp rather to switch to Vista, or if you have enough space so you may try it to download VISTA additionally and use parallely.

Give them until next year...though I do get the feeling that Vista is another ME.

I must say, nice thread and my answer is "Stick with Windows XP Professional" because vista is such a waste of money and time to me. I do remember there are lots of changes between Windows 98 and Windows XP but there are very minor and annoying settings in Vista. I am using Vista in my office with 2GB RAM, 1.8 Core2Duo and all I get is disheart with it, that's the reason I got approved to change it back to XP.

Back
Top Bottom